Page 149 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 49991391471481491501511591992496491149 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,980 of 67370
    Quote Originally Posted by blublood View Post
    How is that possible in this day and age? Don't you ever watch daytime TV ads?
    Well actually, not much. But when I do, I guess I always assumed that regularity was for [*ducks*] old people.

To clarify, in my previous post, I meant to impart that I was actually ducking, not that regularity is for ducks (for those of you who have been following the LTE).

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    That's where we differ. I hate lima beans. Unless smothered in butter and bacon. And drowned in beer. Then maybe I can get past the stench and manage to eat a few.
    Lima beans are the worst. And who's idea was it to ruin the delicious taste of corn by adding lima beans and calling it succotash? Mmmm, succotash.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    which most days has been a bowl of fresh fruit cut up with some Grape Nuts
    I prefer to call that stuff 'dirt'. I can't stand Grape Nuts. I do however, adore lima beans, particularly the bright green baby ones, but I'll eat almost any lima bean offered to me.

I have been running a little bit. I have yet to successfully make an appointment with a physical therapist so I've been stationary biking it lately. I've got to make myself get in the pool soon too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    The good news is that devildeac+Lavabe is still > billybreen.
    Are you referring only to post counts?

Quote Originally Posted by blublood View Post
    I have - I'm looking for another job! Hopefully, I can be out of this God-forsaken hellhole before classes start back again.
    Ooh, that does sound like a good, healthy thing to do. Good luck in your search, and let us know when you need us to start sending our all-powerful DBR job vibes (it seems around "interview" time, they come in really handy.)

Let’s talk about gas, because at this moment in history, it’s out of control. Seriously. I’ve had bad gas for weeks now and I don’t know what to do about it. It’s terrible and I mean really awful. It smells a little like a mix between very wet cats and regurgitated corn chips. I don’t know what’s been causing it, but I need to find out because it’s making me sick.

Honestly, if I didn’t have to smell it myself, I’d be happy about it. Gas is a powerful weapon. You want some space to yourself? Unload a popper and those seats next to you clear out real fast. You want a day off of work? Start a little seat orchestra and you’ll be sent home in no time. I wish I were back in my twenties when I couldn’t smell anything because then I’d have some fun with these stinkbombs. Sadly, every time I let one go, I’m my own first victim.

I end up being victim to myself a lot. That’s what happens when you do a lot of home chemical mixing. It started out as a hobby, but I’ve really stepped up my game in the last few years. I’m trying to find a chemical cure for wrinkles, but it’s not going so well. I have, however, invented quite a few potions for giving yourself rashes. When rashes come back into “vogue,” I’ll be the king of the rash world.

Rash World sounds like a really fun theme park, don’t you think? I’d visit, as long as the admission price wasn’t too high. I wonder if they have funnel cakes at Rash World. Funnel cakes are incredible. They’re my favorite fried batter-based cake.

Other types of cakes that I enjoy: snack cakes, birthday cakes, coffee cakes, tea cakes, ice cream cakes, urinal cakes, erotic cakes, layer cakes, hot cakes, and wedding cakes. Cakes that I do not enjoy: cupcakes. Why waste my time on a cupcake when I can get the real deal? Cupcakes should only be eaten in times of war or famine. Or when they’re filled with cream. That’s it.

I've been trying as hard as I ever have to eat well. My girlfriend prevailed upon me to begin eating breakfast, which most days has been a bowl of fresh fruit cut up with some Grape Nuts (actually the store brand) and plain yogurt. I've been using active culture yogurt and learned that I always vastly underrated regularity.
    Uh-oh, don't let EJ & Shamm onto this newfound appreciation and morning routine, or Fulton county will have to be upgrading its sewer capacities!

Smile Technicality

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Overall counts ... it's a no-brainer.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    It's a no-brainer in the LTE post counts as well.

Welcome to the Party, ForeverBlowingBubbles. It's always fun to get a newbie.

I too love cake, all cakes, even cupcakes because who says you have to stop at one? I like to bake cakes too.

I really must stay ahead of Lavabe in the LTE list. He's closing in. Uh oh, I may stirred up trouble with this post.

Overall counts ... it's a no-brainer.
    But clearly not in worth as a human being.

Smile Succotash... the name says it all

Quote Originally Posted by mph View Post
    Lima beans are the worst. And who's idea was it to ruin the delicious taste of corn by adding lima beans and calling it succotash? Mmmm, succotash.
    This may be the one time in the history of the OTB/PPB in which I agree with someone from Lynchburg 100%. Suffering succotash!!

As for lima beans by themselves, they don't do anything for me. I can live without them. Consider, however, that if they were removed from this earth, EarlJam would not be who he is, and the DBR would suffer.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverBlowingBubbles View Post
    Let’s talk about gas, because at this moment in history, it’s out of control. Seriously. I’ve had bad gas for weeks now and I don’t know what to do about it.
    Eat more yogurt.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    But clearly not in worth as a human being.
    What's worth got to do, got to do with it?

Smile Trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I really must stay ahead of Lavabe in the LTE list. He's closing in. Uh oh, I may stirred up trouble with this post.
    Nah... you're the creator of this thread. You can do no wrong. You ran a marathon!

I believe if anyone stirred up trouble, it's DA and Wilson.

I am glad, however, that we're past the DUCK phase of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Eat more yogurt.
    But not baked bean yogurt.

To clarify, in my previous post, I meant to impart that I was actually ducking, not that regularity is for ducks (for those of you who have been following the LTE).
    Regularity is good, speaking as a relatively old folk measured by years.

Ducks are notably irregular.

I too choose the tail.

I believe if anyone stirred up trouble, it's DA and Wilson.
    Hey... I'm no troublemaker! Just, ya know,... incite-ful?

I am glad, however, that we're past the DUCK phase of this thread.
    Not so fast. I've been rethinking my tail-vs.-duck following 6 feet behind decision. Are ducks trainable? Can you get them to do cool tricks? B/c if so, I think I may go with the duck over the tail.

Quote Originally Posted by mph View Post
    But not baked bean yogurt.
    That's a good idea! Throw some chicken in there and it's a complete meal!