Page 127 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 27771171251261271281291371772276271127 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,540 of 67403
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Should I take a poll?
    Polls appear to be the "in" thing these days. Some even lament that they didn't put a poll in their thread. Now as for me, I don't do polls. Create them that is...more than willing to participate. Does that label me as closed minded?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Polls appear to be the "in" thing these days. Some even lament that they didn't put a poll in their thread. Now as for me, I don't do polls. Create them that is...more than willing to participate. Does that label me as closed minded?
    I don't know. Let's take a poll.

lte

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    and if we label you as closed minded, then we get to move the post/thread to the PPB

Earlier this afternoon, my beagle brought a raccoon leg into the house, compliments of the foxes. For some reason this got me in great trouble. Like it's all my fault.
    I thought only cats brought "gifts" like that to their owners... who knew!? Is this a common occurrence, Fish? What else does the beagle bestow upon you?

My cats eat bugs...I guess that is better than kids eating bugs?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    I thought only cats brought "gifts" like that to their owners... who knew!? Is this a common occurrence, Fish? What else does the beagle bestow upon you?
    Usually we catch her before she gets it in the house. She loves cigarette packs, and tries to smuggle them in whenever she finds one. I think she's collecting these things for herself and not as gifts.

Usually we catch her before she gets it in the house. She loves cigarette packs, and tries to smuggle them in whenever she finds one. I think she's collecting these things for herself and not as gifts.
    She's hiding things for the parties she has when you and Mrs. Fish80 and the little Fish80's are out of the house.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    She's hiding things for the parties she has when you and Mrs. Fish80 and the little Fish80's are out of the house.
    Right, because what beagle party is complete without a raccoon leg??

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Quote Originally Posted by colchar View Post

After what turned out to be a rather enjoyable flight I'm now in Scotland sitting in my cousin's living room looking out over the bay pictured above. Despite the clouds that are rolling through and that are threatening some heavy rain, the view is absolutely stunning. The photo posted here simply doesn't do it justice.

I'll post some of my own photos when I get the chance.

*Just thought I'd check in and attempt to keep my post count up.

After what turned out to be a rather enjoyable flight I'm now in Scotland sitting in my cousin's living room looking out over the bay pictured above. Despite the clouds that are rolling through and that are threatening some heavy rain, the view is absolutely stunning. The photo posted here simply doesn't do it justice.
    Wow. I hope you have tons of fun and take lots of pictures. This is where I used to live in Dunoon.

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    Wow. I hope you have tons of fun and take lots of pictures. This is where I used to live in Dunoon.

Alison's is directly across the water from Kilcreggan so, knowing the area, I'm sure you can picture the view I've had all day (despite the clouds coming in over Holy Loch).

I'm looking across at the lights of Dunoon right now - one of them likely being from your old place.

Alison's is directly across the water from Kilcreggan so, knowing the area, I'm sure you can picture the view I've had all day (despite the clouds coming in over Holy Loch).

I'm looking across at the lights of Dunoon right now - one of them likely being from your old place.
    Color me officially jealous, Colchar. I spent a semester in Glasgow, had the best consecutive 4 months of my life. Didn't have quite that view, but did have a nice, 3rd floor room on HillHead street (highest point around the Uni), so had a decent view to the City Centre.

Luckily, Seattle weather keeps reminding me of those days...

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Color me officially jealous, Colchar. I spent a semester in Glasgow, had the best consecutive 4 months of my life. Didn't have quite that view, but did have a nice, 3rd floor room on HillHead street (highest point around the Uni), so had a decent view to the City Centre.

Luckily, Seattle weather keeps reminding me of those days...

Strangely enough, the cousin I am staying with will be in Seattle next month.

And I'll probably be visiting some of your old favourites in Glasgow tomorrow as I plan to head into the city for the day (providing, of course, that the rain holds off). George Square here I come!!!

I am now officially triply jealous of you. What are the chances I can hire to you to go to my old place and dig up my time capsule? Nah, on second thought I need to fulfill that dream with my brother.

Scotland

I'll post some of my own photos when I get the chance.

*Just thought I'd check in and attempt to keep my post count up.
    Find any good distilled beverages over there?

How about any Scotch ales?

lte

Hey, bb, I know you're reading. Check out the newest post on the "ymm, beer" thread

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Find any good distilled beverages over there?
    Actually, I've been enjoying the bottle of Gobson's Sterling that I bought at Duty Free on my way over. That, combined with the stunning view, made for an extremely enjoyable day yesterday. Extremely enjoyable.

How about any Scotch ales?

I'll get into those today. I had planned to go into Glasgow but it is cloudy, windy, and cold so I doubt I am going to bother. Therefore, needing something to do for the day, I think I'm going to head off to a pub around lunchtime. Some Tennent's Shilling and some McEwan's Shilling are definitely in my future!

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    I am now officially triply jealous of you. What are the chances I can hire to you to go to my old place and dig up my time capsule? Nah, on second thought I need to fulfill that dream with my brother.

Grab your brother and get on a plane!! We can have a DBR party right here in Scotland.

If the wind settles down a bit tomorrow I might take the ferry over to Dunoon. It's a little cold today (I'm looking out the window watching the ferry cross right now and trust me, it looks darned cold out there!) so I'll hunker down in a pub for the afternoon but tomorrow is supposed to be nicer so, if I don't go into Glasgow (as I had intended to do today), I'll definitely head over the water to Dunoon.

Thanks 2535 miles

Thanks for the info regarding the Western Rat Snake to rid me (...well, not me, but my property) of gophers. I will investigate how to purchase one, or two, or three. (Do they also kill rattlers? Apparently the rattler venom here has gotten more toxic in the past two years).

...I was going to add another comment, but in keeping with 'the longest thread ever' will add another post.

Question Longest thread ever

I'm thinkin' that this entire thread should be placed in a time capsule and buried in K'Ville. Perhaps some graduate student could base a thesis on it.