Page 80 of 3385 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182901301805801080 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 67683
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I was holding a rehearsal for a short play I'm directing when the boards went down. It's nice to have distractions when you're depressed. Still, I've found a team to root for in this Tourney. I bet you can guess who. Anybody else joining the Stephen Curry fan club with me?

My oldest son is in 9th place in a pool that has 637(!) entries. He has Davidson going to the Final Four. He only missed 4 first round games. That's my boy. Me? I think I'm tied for 292nd place. I told him if he wins some money, he's donating to the marathon run. (I did spot him the entrance fee, so that would be instead of paying me back.)

Wink

Ooooh, I just started a thread on the scary main board. Hope I don't start a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Agreed 100%.

Welcome Back, Everyone!

I guess the obvious discussion point is:
    What did you do when the boards went down?

Anyone do anything more exciting?
    I battled mycoplasmic pneumonia. I was confined to one room in our house to avoid getting the rest of the family sick and was reduced to calling my husband's cell on the house phone to ask for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich or other sustenance.

On the bright side though, I was too sick to care about WVU.

Quote Originally Posted by blublood View Post
    I battled mycoplasmic pneumonia. I was confined to one room in our house to avoid getting the rest of the family sick and was reduced to calling my husband's cell on the house phone to ask for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich or other sustenance.

Holy Crap!!! I hope you're feeling better Blublood.

I am, thanks! It was kind of a shock - obviously I felt like garbage, was running a high fever, and coughing every 2 minutes, but I thought I just had the flu. When they came back with the diagnosis of pneumonia, I was like, "But I don't have pneumonia," and she looked at me with the kind of look you give know-it-all patients and said, "Yes. Yes, you do."

So, everybody, as a public service announcement if you catch something, go to the doctor! You never know what might be growing in your body in this awful flu season.

I am, thanks! It was kind of a shock - obviously I felt like garbage, was running a high fever, and coughing every 2 minutes, but I thought I just had the flu. When they came back with the diagnosis of pneumonia, I was like, "But I don't have pneumonia," and she looked at me with the kind of look you give know-it-all patients and said, "Yes. Yes, you do."

So, everybody, as a public service announcement if you catch something, go to the doctor! You never know what might be growing in your body in this awful flu season.
    8 weeks after my bout with this year's flu, and I am just now to the point where I don't have the asthmatic reaction. I learned my lesson about the flu season. Go to the ears, nose, and throat person as soon as I'm done with the bad stuff. I hope you improve VERY, VERY soon, blublood. That sounds HORRID!

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Blublood

Get well soon....wow, bad stuff!! Take care!!!

Get well, Blublood!

I had that once. In fact, I took one of my oral exams in grad school with it. True story. I wasn't diagnosed until the day after I took my exam. It was great fun - say a few words, cough for a minute, say a few more words, cough some more. I think my committee members had pity on me and let me off light.

How, you might ask, did I end up taking an oral exam with mycoplasmic pneumonia? Well, there was this basketball game - Duke vs Michigan, 1992. I already had a bad cold, and I showed up at Cameron at about 4:30 to stand in line so I would be able to see during the game (I am, shall we say, vertically challenged). So, sub-freezing temperatures outside. Go into nice, toasty Cameron; jump and scream for 2+ hours. Go back outside into even colder sub-freezing temperatures. Turns out to be a great recipe for mycoplasmic pneumonia. Was it worth it? YES INDEED!

Yes, pneumonia does tend to make you not care about anything else. I had it once, and hated life.

Hope you get better soon blublood.

Back to Either Or choices --

NIT or Women's Tourney?

Lacrosse or Baseball?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post

NIT or Women's Tourney?

Lacrosse or Baseball?
    Women's tourney.

Hmm. Lacrosse? I guess lacrosse, though I've only ever watched Duke Final Four games. Baseball just doesn't do it for me. Especially Red Sox baseball.

F1 fan

My wife and I got hooked on F1 racing a number of years ago and follow it in the basketball off season. Nothing like those beautiful machines ripping through and around courses in various venues. Check it out.

Course it helps that I was involved in teaching pursuit driving many moons ago. So I kinda "see myself" in one of the cars.......

Thumbs up Lacrosse

NIT or Women's Tourney?

Lacrosse or Baseball?
    Lacrosse (college men's and women's, and my daughter's middle school lacrosse) ... AND DBR nights at the Braves.

One amendment: ANY baseball game in St. Louis is worth seeing, despite how bad the Cards are expected to be this year.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Places I've watched baseball games:

Fenway Park
    Historic Durham Athletic Park
    Riverfront Stadium
    the old Busch Stadium
    Fulton County Stadium
    Memorial Stadium (in Baltimore)
    Yankee Stadium
    Arlington Stadium (not the Ballpark at Arlington)
    PacBell, SBC, whatever they are calling it these days, in San Francisco
    Olympic Stadium (Montreal)

Hmm, three of those still exist and host baseball games.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Places I've watched baseball games:

Fenway Park
    Historic Durham Athletic Park
    Riverfront Stadium
    the old Busch Stadium
    Fulton County Stadium
    Memorial Stadium (in Baltimore)
    Yankee Stadium
    Arlington Stadium (not the Ballpark at Arlington)
    PacBell, SBC, whatever they are calling it these days, in San Francisco
    Olympic Stadium (Montreal)

Hmm, three of those still exist and host baseball games.
    Some would say they never really played baseball in Olympic Stadium, but I digress.

I still regret the demise of the Montreal Expos. I have a Montreal Expos hat. I wore it when I ran the Tufts 10K back in October. I got a lot of 'Hey, Expos!' comments from the spectators, all nice ones, probably the only non-Sox baseball team that would get that reaction in Boston. I was probably 20 before I figured out that logo was an M.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Some would say they never really played baseball in Olympic Stadium, but I digress.
    Haha!

I got to see the Expo's in their last season there; got a Vlad Guerrero bobblehead too.

My favorite part of the whole game was when someone hit a home run, the crowd, the announcer, and the scoreboard would all shout out, "Cirquite!" (sp?)

NIT or Women's Tourney?

Lacrosse or Baseball?
    Women's Tourney

Either lacrosse or baseball. (Cycling over either of these.)

You have to love a game where you get to run around and whack people with sticks. The problem I have with baseball is I'm a National League fan living in an American League market. I don't like the DH rule.

I have now done my good deed for the day - rescued the thread from the second page.

Two days in a row it's had to be rescued. Hey, it got mentioned in the trivia thread! Others have noticed us, even if they don't post.

Here's a future trivia question, perhaps.

Who started the LTE and why?

Bostondevil 'felt like starting something' but the reason I felt like starting something? Diagnosis Day for my son was December 21st. I started the thread on December 20th as a distraction. All of us mom's who are in the club remember the exact date of diagnosis day, not as happy an event as a birthday but one you can't forget.

Oh, sorry, downer of the day. But I'm turning it into a positive. I started celebrating the Winter Solstice this year. I'm hoping it will continue to be a cause for celebration. And like I said before I intend to post in this thread every December 20th for as long as I'm around.

I'll be holding the Winter Solstice Dessert Open House again in December. Let me know if you want an invite.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Two days in a row it's had to be rescued. Hey, it got mentioned in the trivia thread! Others have noticed us, even if they don't post.

Here's a future trivia question, perhaps.

Who started the LTE and why?

Bostondevil 'felt like starting something' but the reason I felt like starting something? Diagnosis Day for my son was December 21st. I started the thread on December 20th as a distraction. All of us mom's who are in the club remember the exact date of diagnosis day, not as happy an event as a birthday but one you can't forget.
    Was your son diagnosed with a cancer? I truly hope he is doing well with his treatments and you will be celebrating Remission Day very soon!