Page 79 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081891291795791079 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 67668
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Still waiting for the Holes to lose and ruin your brackets.
    I have them losing in the Final Four in both.

BB, only a couple of days away from 3k...wonder what happens then. And to think that we were neck and neck on post counts for awhile. The wheat has separated from the chaff...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    BB, only a couple of days away from 3k...wonder what happens then. And to think that we were neck and neck on post counts for awhile. The wheat has separated from the chaff...
    Yes, I went into hyper obsessive mode for a while there in January and February. Now I'm down to a slightly less insane 10 posts per day.

I don't think anything happens at 3000. The gap between levels increases by 500 each time, and there were 1000 posts between ACC 2nd Team and 1st Team (which I hit at 2500).

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Yes, I went into hyper obsessive mode for a while there in January and February. Now I'm down to a slightly less insane 10 posts per day.

I don't think anything happens at 3000. The gap between levels increases by 500 each time, and there were 1000 posts between ACC 2nd Team and 1st Team (which I hit at 2500).
    I'm still at 3rd team in the 1600's so I'm not following your math...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I'm still at 3rd team in the 1600's so I'm not following your math...
    Hmm, maybe I'm confused. It was all such a blur.

So, I guess it's 500 posts between 3rd and 2nd and between 2nd and 1st. I assumed the gap would increase. Maybe I will move up to a new category at 3000.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I think I posted before that I entered 5 pools this year, kind of insane, and no I don't have the same champion in any 2 of them, and to be honest I went seat of my pants in every one, why else would I have picked Indiana across the board, doofus. But the one on CBSSports, where they are putting up how you're doing against some celebreties and 'Experts'? I'm kicking Gregg Doyel's as-pirin bottle.
    HA! HA! HA! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

It's the little things, you know, that make life worthwhile. (I have Xavier winning the whole thing in that one, so it probably won't last but for now it feels so good.)

Yes, I know that means I picked against Duke, I'm sorry. I have Duke beating Notre Dame in the finals in another pool. Seriously. And that one is for money. The guy who runs it is a Notre Dame grad. I told him that in thanks for his donation to my marathon run, I was putting 5 bucks into his pool for someone else to win. Ok, and I'm about to admit to some inattention here, but is Mike Brey still the coach at ND? I hope so. K does so well against his former proteges.

Yep, Brey is still running the basketball show at ND...

How am I tied for #10 in the DBR pool on ESPN? I think this is the best I've done (in a pool) since 1998.

Well, now that we have some free time for the next couple weekends, what say we really PW this place up?

I decided to make my first post since the board reopened to the LTE. It seemed like an appropriate place.

Talking Welcome Home

I decided to make my first post since the board reopened to the LTE. It seemed like an appropriate place.
    Agreed 100%.

Welcome Back, Everyone!

I guess the obvious discussion point is:
    What did you do when the boards went down?

My response: I emailed Wilson to verify I wasn't in the sin bin, then I slept.

Anyone do anything more exciting?
    Welcome Home Cheers,
    Lavabe

Anyone do anything more exciting?
    Welcome Home Cheers,
    Lavabe
    I finished reading a book that I got for Christmas...

I guess the obvious discussion point is:
    Well, after a great night of skiing on Friday, the 1.5 hour ride back home FUBAR'd my back again (I threw it out last September too when in Honduras), so I've spent the past 40 hours laying down. (I couldn't even hold a mug of coffee this morning. )

Once the game was over and the boards went down, I enjoyed the soothing, sleep-inducing benefits of Honduran muscle relaxants.

No, Earljam, you can't have my stash.

I wept, then I looked for people to ban from Snrubchat out of spite.

I wept, then I looked for people to ban from Snrubchat out of spite.
    I still can't believe a certain poster basically dared to you ban, even after you declared you were itching to knock someone out.

How many others did you and loopy take down?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    I still can't believe a certain poster basically dared to you ban, even after you declared you were itching to knock someone out.

How many others did you and loopy take down?
    That's the only one I shot. Loopy was around during the game and had to regulate on a few more. I'm guessing there was a strong correlation between DBR and Snrub bannings.

I am a monkey.
    Nice sig.

I went out to dinner and saw Cats for the first time. I didn't know the boards had been closed until I got home. I'm often accused of being obsessive about Duke basketball and being depressed after a loss. After reading some of the postings, I feel much better about myself - I'm not as unbalanced as I thought.

(Since the teams I was rooting for yesterday kept losing - in several sports - I rooted for UNLV for family harmony. I was glad to see it worked and the Jayhawks move on.)

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Cats
    Local production or national touring company? I saw Cats 3 times in the '80-90's(all with different dates). I didn't like cats however until I got some a few months ago...

National touring company. Went with someone who had seen it twice on Broadway - it thought it was good.

I would be curious to ask the family and friends of cast members if they see the actors doing cat mannerisms in public for no reason.