Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    *cough* NC State *cough*
    Post did not age well.

Don’t get me wrong. I like NC State. I always pull for them when they are not playing Duke. My wife is a big, frustrated State fan, and I mean since the Norm Sloan days. I have mentioned to her that Keatts might not be the one who rights their ship. After seeing how Pitt went down there in Raleigh and pretty much dominated them, I don’t know how much clearer it could be. I would love to see them get a coach who can turn a once proud program around. I like Keatts, but I don’t think he is the guy to bring State back to the place where they can compete with the top of the ACC. I would like to see them get to that point again. Who knows?

Agree that I would love to see State relevant again. They’ve had some bad injury luck over the years and seemed to always lose transfers before losing transfers was even a thing. Keatts, Gottfried, Lowe, Sendek all have been okay at times but not enough to get them over the hump. They seemingly had a short window with Roy and K retired that they could make a push, but it doesn’t look like it’s happening this season.

Clemson dog walked Wake tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Agree that I would love to see State relevant again. They’ve had some bad injury luck over the years and seemed to always lose transfers before losing transfers was even a thing. Keatts, Gottfried, Lowe, Sendek all have been okay at times but not enough to get them over the hump. They seemingly had a short window with Roy and K retired that they could make a push, but it doesn’t look like it’s happening this season.
    State got really lucky to get Terquavion Smith back too. He would have been a late first rounder if he had left but chose to return, which is not at all common these days. Having him lead your team should be a key to having a bang-up season. I mean, he is likely one of the 5 best sophs in the nation this season. If State struggles with a talent like that on the roster, I dunno what it will take for them to be good again.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Clemson dog walked Wake tonight.
    I have been on the Clemson bandwaggon since the schedule was released. Their ACC schedule is as easy as anyone in the league. I expect this team will be above .500 in the conference and I expect them to be the ACC team on the bubble come selection Sunday.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by Music man55 View Post
    My wife is a big, frustrated State fan, and I mean since the Norm Sloan days.
    Does your wife know you talk about her like that?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I have been on the Clemson bandwaggon since the schedule was released. Their ACC schedule is as easy as anyone in the league. I expect this team will be above .500 in the conference and I expect them to be the ACC team on the bubble come selection Sunday.
    Now that PJ Hall is getting healthy, they have an excellent starting frontcourt in Hall and Tyson. The question will be the backcourt. Most specifically, whether Chase Hunter can really be a good PG. He's played consistently well against bad teams, but has been much more up and down as a PG against better teams.

They certainly have the frontcourt to contend for a tourney bid in this conference. If they can get the guard play needed (in the first half, they were terrible against Wake; they shot the lights out in the second half), they should indeed be a tourney team.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Surprised not more comments on here on the UNC-Indiana game. If you didn't see it, Carolina was . . . um . . . how do I say this? Carolina stunk, folks. They were very very fortunate to remain in the game as long as they did, as closely as they did. They were completely outclassed all night long. Indiana dominated them in the paint. Carolina didn't guard anybody. Their offense was almost all one-on-one, with tons of bad shots. They ran almost nothing. Most disturbingly for them, they just didn't play hard. Indiana competed much harder than UNC did, in a marquee game where they were coming off two losses.

Bacot hurt his shoulder, and was grabbing at it all night. But Trayce Jackson-Davis was clearly just the better player in the paint last night. And Indiana's freshman guard Jalen Hood-Schifino was an active and aggressive shotmaker from the outside. He looked super.

Hubert has a lot to work on with this group. If they lose to the Hokies in Blacksburg next, they'll probably drop from #1 to out of the polls in a span of two weeks. Impressive.
    It's the CaroLLLina way!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Does your wife know you talk about her like that?
    Hey Mtn.Devil, I guess I should have made that”she’s an average sized State fan from back in the Norm Sloan days”, ha,ha. And yes, if the Wolfpack plays crappy,and Keatts isn’t getting the job done, she knows what I think and she agrees on Keatts.Sure would like to see her have a team that could win more, so long as it’s not at the expense of the Bluedevils.

Quote Originally Posted by Music man55 View Post
    Hey Mtn.Devil, I guess I should have made that”she’s an average sized State fan from back in the Norm Sloan days”, ha,ha. And yes, if the Wolfpack plays crappy,and Keatts isn’t getting the job done, she knows what I think and she agrees on Keatts.Sure would like to see her have a team that could win more, so long as it’s not at the expense of the Bluedevils.
    I'm glad you understood the nature of my well intentioned barb. I almost edited or deleted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I'm glad you understood the nature of my well intentioned barb. I almost edited or deleted it.
    Not a problem. It’s all good.

Syracuse wins at ND. Notre Dame did not execute well down the stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Syracuse wins at ND. Notre Dame did not execute well down the stretch.
    Really bad look for ND, a formerly 6-1 team, losing at home to a, and let's be honest here, bad Syracuse team. Or, at least, SYR has not looked good and came into the game with a losing record.

My Hoos riding the struggle bus at home vs FSU. Beekman clearly extremely limited on a bum ankle from the Michigan game. Clark and Franklin VERY bothered by the length FSU throws at you. Foul trouble limited Gardner in the 1st half, he looked like the only offensive threat on his game today. Virginia is 6-26 from the field and 3-11 from 3 through 20 min, so it's definitely an "upset alert" game at the moment.... though I'm hoping Virginia will figure things out in the 2nd. Personally, I'm hoping we hammer it inside with Gardner and Shedrick. Despite FSU being very long, they are very lean and I think we can score in the post with some physicality, or at least draw some help and get BETTER looks from 3 for our guards.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    Really bad look for ND, a formerly 6-1 team, losing at home to a, and let's be honest here, bad Syracuse team. Or, at least, SYR has not looked good and came into the game with a losing record.
    Agree with this. I think/thought ND could get 4th in ACC, as they have a veteran team, excellent frosh in Starling, and relatively easy schedule. Including Cuse at home...

Won’t give up on their chances just yet, as transfer scorer Hammond has been injured, and today was his first game of the season. Irish often play 5-out/0-in, but Brey does have a second big in frosh Lubin.

Still, a stinky home loss.

Fresh off their beatdown of the CHeats, IU goes on to lose to Rutgers 63-48. We're not the only ones subject to the "we are everyone's superbowl" effect.

OTOH maybe UNC just isn't very good

Today, it’s LET’S GO HOKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    On any day any P5 basketball team can beat another. It is the nature of the sport. A bad team is simply inconsistent and loses more than it wins.

Don’t do this Hokies …

Heels looked good.