Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Baby Yoda is just shorthand for "baby if Yoda's species". I don't think most people are actually suggesting it is Yoda (although some people suggest it is a Yoda clone, which would be dumb).
    Yeah that didnt type out as well as the intention.im quite curious ti what its name is,male or female.
    1 episode a week will drive me crazy.

It has been referred to as "he" throughout the series so I'm guessing male.

spaghetti stuff

So I'm sure folks have noticed some stylistic similarities with certain Westerns, especially ones with morally ambiguous characters like those played by Clint Eastwood.

There have been some small, maybe not even fully intentional, but pseudo-coincidental allusions to those films that I've enjoyed.

For example, I like when people call the Madalorian "Mando," because it makes me think of the name characters use for The Man With No Name in For a Few Dollars More, Monco.

From the duo that brought you HalleLuka, here's a quite excellent Dear Baby Yoda:

Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    From the duo that brought you HalleLuka, here's a quite excellent Dear Baby Yoda:

This was my favorite thing ever last night. Until we demolished Michigan St 😀
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    So...were there any Greedo guts on the underside of that table?
    So cool to see THE CANTINA again! And so funny to see it is run by droids. Nice twist.

Episode 5 was written and directed by Dave Filoni. I have no doubt that if it weren't for him, Star Wars as we know it now would not be nearly as impressive nor as engaging.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Also...while he's awesome and reigns in cuteness...nice to see Baby Yoda be an ancillary character in this one. The ending has us perfectly wondering without really caring about baby big ears.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Waiting on guesses for who owns the boots and cape.
    I've got no clue...but I'm 113% positive Fennec ain't dead.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Waiting on guesses for who owns the boots and cape.
    I've got no clue...but I'm 113% positive Fennec ain't dead.
    The internets tell me it's Boba Fett. Hmm

I’m enjoying the show, and generally ok with suspending disbelief, but last week Mando was trying to stay off the grid and this week he takes the baby to Mos Eisley and leaves him alone? Wouldn’t dozens of fobs in the bars start going off? Obviously stuff happened between episodes that we didn’t see, but that is hard to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    I’m enjoying the show, and generally ok with suspending disbelief, but last week Mando was trying to stay off the grid and this week he takes the baby to Mos Eisley and leaves him alone? Wouldn’t dozens of fobs in the bars start going off? Obviously stuff happened between episodes that we didn’t see, but that is hard to understand.
    Good point about the fobs, but I get Mos Eisley. He was on Tatooine because he had just been shot up and needed ship repairs. He also needed a way to pay for it, so he was able to find a hangar and a paying job.

Quote Originally Posted by DUKIECB View Post
    The internets tell me it's Boba Fett. Hmm
    The internet is wrong.

My guess is Gus Fring.

Quote Originally Posted by BLPOG View Post
    The internet is wrong.

My guess is Gus Fring.
    According to IMDB, it's going to be Bill Burr

I think Bill Burr will be around next week, but is not the character at the end there. There are two very brief clips with Bill Burr that have been available already and he doesn't have a cape in either.

I know these things because I am extremely excited about seeing Bill Burr in the Star Wars universe.

A little off topic, but just got Disney+ and was wondering what Star Wars shows I should watch (Clone Wars, Rebels, etc) and in what order.

Guys, episode 6 was the bomb. Amazing cast and execution.

Bill Burr is a goddamn treasure.

Ooooh! Anakin was in this episode!
    Well, not really, but the guy who voices Anakin in the Clone Wars show is the same actor who plays the pilot of the prison ship. (Matt Lanter.)

Enjoyed episode 6.
    Perhaps the point is the Mandalorian is changing who he is.

Beyond being able to bring back the Kurgan, Tonks, and Bill Burr, not sure why (and how) he threw them all in the same cell instead of killing them.

They all knew about baby Yoda.

It was pretty cold to put the republic tracker on the guy Twilek.

Clancy Brown is one of my favorite actors, he is always so surprising. I've been a fan ever since "Bad Boys" (with Sean Penn, not the other movies.)
    He can play the guy we hate (Bad Boys, Shawshank Redemption) to the guy your kids love. (Mr. Krabs on Spongebob).
    Here, he's a bit loathsome, but still really fun. He wears the horns well.

I just have a hard time following this show. I enjoy it more now but it just seems like we are flying around and trying to solve the problem of the day which doesn’t connect to the previous problem of the day. It’s looking more and more like a kid show to me which maybe I should of known beforehand.

Regardless, I still enjoy it and will watch every week for now.