Page 1040 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 4054094099010301038103910401041104210501090114015402040 ... LastLast
Results 20,781 to 20,800 of 67393
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Yup! Time to make the (metaphorical) doughnuts.
    Mmmm, I just ate a metaphorical doughnut. Delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Mmmm, I just ate a metaphorical doughnut. Delicious!
    Easier on the metaphorical waist line.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I bought Pop Tarts. Strawberry Frosted...
    The only kind.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    The only kind.
    Pish posh.

The only kind.
    I bought strawberry unfrosted - they are my husband's favorite kind.

I bought strawberry unfrosted - they are my husband's favorite kind.
    Blasphemy.

p9C4HQp.jpg

Blasphemy.

p9C4HQp.jpg
    Talk to the hubby.

Since I know you are all very interested in my third son's college application process, he has been accepted to both the University of Vermont and the University of Massachusetts - Amherst. That's 2 down and 9 more yet to go. UMass wins that head to head battle, btw.

Since I know you are all very interested in my third son's college application process, he has been accepted to both the University of Vermont and the University of Massachusetts - Amherst. That's 2 down and 9 more yet to go. UMass wins that head to head battle, btw.
    247 Crystal Ball says 90% UMass 5% Vermont 5% Cloudy

In all seriousness, congrats to your son!

247 Crystal Ball says 90% UMass 5% Vermont 5% Cloudy

In all seriousness, congrats to your son!
    Thank you.

There are schools he hasn't heard from yet that would definitely beat UMass in head to head competition, but if it's only UMass and UVM he has to choose from, it's UMass. UMass has courses in Sanskrit and Old English, Vermont doesn't. But we'll probably drive up to Burlington on accepted students day anyway. I hear it's beautiful and I'd like to see it.

Thank you.

There are schools he hasn't heard from yet that would definitely beat UMass in head to head competition, but if it's only UMass and UVM he has to choose from, it's UMass. UMass has courses in Sanskrit and Old English, Vermont doesn't. But we'll probably drive up to Burlington on accepted students day anyway. I hear it's beautiful and I'd like to see it.
    I lived there for eighteen months! Gorgeous town.

Dealing with Buncombe County's finest this morning. Not enough caffeine...

Congrats to son of BosDev! No matter what comes now, BosDev can look forward to huge mountains of toxic, son-produced laundry at Thanksgiving and Christmas. My eyes water at the thought. Literally, water.

I feel better today. The precious thought of holelian nation crying their huge heads to sleep on their tiny pillows has soothed my fevered brow.

In true sincerity, and with most malevolent intent, I sentence them to the ninth and darkest pit of hell, those cheating, lying holes.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    I feel better today. The precious thought of holelian nation crying their huge heads to sleep on their tiny pillows has soothed my fevered brow.

In true sincerity, and with most malevolent intent, I sentence them to the ninth and darkest pit of hell, those cheating, lying holes.
    I like when Weezie gets saucy.

Dealing with Buncombe County's finest this morning. Not enough caffeine...
    They can ticket you for that?

Thank you.

I had a roommate at Duke who considered minoring in Olde English - we had shelves full of his empty 40 bottles...

Congratulations! Both are excellent schools. We have a friend who teaches at Vermont and loves it there. And I have heard great things about UMass.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Congrats to son of BosDev! No matter what comes now, BosDev can look forward to huge mountains of toxic, son-produced laundry at Thanksgiving and Christmas. My eyes water at the thought. Literally, water.

Unless he gets into Duke. Mother of BostonDevil did her grandson's laundry every week for 4 years. The price? He had to go eat lunch with his grandparents after church on Sundays - or sometimes dinner on Saturday night. They paid. He didn't mind. Then they gave him a car for graduation for being such an attentive grandson. (Nice work if you can get it.)

Awesome! My elder kid got into engineering schools at Mason, Rutgers, and RIT - 3 for 3! Still waiting for said kid's decision...

-jk

Major congratulations jk! Isn't it one of the most wonderful moments in a child's life?!! You deserve to be very proud.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

DaughterPK on cusp of a college decision, too. Exciting times. Currently looking like a lean towards Roll Tide.