Page 71 of 73 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 1459
    Being extremely cheap, I've dropped in various Prets fairly often there - fresh and again, surprisingly tasty. Loved the chicken and bacon roll last time, that had some kind of sagey seasoning to it. But then it takes a very low bar to cross to please my pedestrian tastes.

Now, a hamper from Fortnum's I've only heard and read about. I think their cheapest version still runs close to a thousand bucks. But then, quail's eggs just don't come cheap these days. Wonder if BoJo's Brexit has made prices even worse? Probably. Woe is me... (I believe he's buying an 8 mil. place in the country.)

Windsor Framework sails through the House of Commons - 515-29. Boris, Liz and 20 Tories joined the 6 DUP MPs and an independent on the losing side. 280 Tories voted for it and 48 abstained. This means it could have passed without the support of opposition parties who backed it anyway. It's a win for Sunak.

Also today: Boris's partygate hearing! It gets us the golden nugget from Boris "hand on heart, I did not lie to the House.' What does an indoor lightening strike look like?

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    Windsor Framework sails through the House of Commons - 515-29. Boris, Liz and 20 Tories joined the 6 DUP MPs and an independent on the losing side. 280 Tories voted for it and 48 abstained. This means it could have passed without the support of opposition parties who backed it anyway. It's a win for Sunak.

Also today: Boris's partygate hearing! It gets us the golden nugget from Boris "hand on heart, I did not lie to the House.' What does an indoor lightening strike look like?
    Yesterday on the radio box I heard a story about the words people feel are the best to describe Boris...liar and buffoon were right at the top of the list.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Yesterday on the radio box I heard a story about the words people feel are the best to describe Boris...liar and buffoon were right at the top of the list.
    I love the British use of the word “shambolic”

In the latest chapter of the Empire Strikes Back: UK Edition, Humza Yousaf (a Sturgeon loyalist) won a bruising contest to become leader of the SNP. With the Scottish Greens backing he will become the new first minister of Scotland. Like Sunak, he's the son of immigrants. So that's a Hindi in Number 10 and a Muslim in Bute House. Just Stormont Castle and Wales left. Suck it Brexit!

Although he was the favorite to win, it was a fight. The part used ranked voting so after the first round it was: Yousaf: 48.2%, Katie Forbes: 40.7% and Ash Regan 11.1%. It ended 52.1% Yousaf vs 47.9% Forbes. Forbes' platform devigere in several area from Sturgeon to the point that the Scottish Greens won't have backed her if he won. Like Sturgeon, he's pro Scottish independence but Scots aren't as keen on the idea as before. Yousaf has got an uphill battle reuniting a fractured SNP. The party's unity was one of it's greater strengths. The infighting has taken some pressure off of Sunak.

A very underrated show (in the States at least) explain the British press:

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRT6nyUG/

Local UK elections were held last night. Tories took an absolute beating losing 943 seats as of now with maybe more loses by tonight.
    Labour picked up 486 and the Social Democrats took 353. Does not look good for Sunak in the TBA next general election.

Also King Charles coronation tomorrow. Not much US press coverage.

Local UK elections were held last night. Tories took an absolute beating losing 943 seats as of now with maybe more loses by tonight.
    Labour picked up 486 and the Social Democrats took 353. Does not look good for Sunak in the TBA next general election.

Also King Charles coronation tomorrow. Not much US press coverage.
    Coronation was on a number of channels (noncable and a number of cable) here in NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    Coronation was on a number of channels (noncable and a number of cable) here in NYC.
    Kdogg may be referring to the local elections.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Kdogg may be referring to the local elections.
    Could be wrong, but thought he was referring to the coronation based on the context: "Also King Charles coronation tomorrow. Not much US press coverage"

NBD...

Stick a fork in him, Boris is finally done.

Boris Johnson: I've been forced out over Partygate report

Boris Johnson is to step down as an MP with immediate effect after receiving the Partygate report.
    I sleep well for at least tonight.

Mr Johnson's statement said: "It is very sad to be leaving Parliament - at least for now - but above all I am bewildered and appalled that I can be forced out, anti-democratically, by a committee chaired and managed, by [Labour MP] Harriet Harman, with such egregious bias."

At least he took care of his friends on the way out:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-65861936

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    At least he took care of his friends on the way out:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-65861936
    If anyone wants details on the issues.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...it-becomes-him

I hear there’s talk of him becoming a hair model. So the public might not yet have seen the last of Boris!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    I hear there’s talk of him becoming a hair model. So the public might not yet have seen the last of Boris!
    In the same way that I am the model case for using birth control.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    In the same way that I am the model case for using birth control.
    I know the feeling; many people have switched to pro-choice after meeting me.

Nicola Sturgeon arrested:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/11/europ...ntl/index.html

Um — I guess it’s good to know that the USA has company?

Nicola Sturgeon arrested:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/11/europ...ntl/index.html

Um — I guess it’s good to know that the USA has company?
    With elections next year this might actually help Labour. The SNP were going to play a less crazy DUP game with them if Labour wins the next election. A weaker SNP means Labour can maybe pickup some seats from Scotland free and clear. The push for Scottish Independence has waned in recent years and that was one of SNPs biggest uniting points.

King Charles ain’t messing around.

IMG_1028.jpg

King Charles ain’t messing around.

IMG_1028.jpg
    Must spread comments, unfortunately.
    Carolina delenda est