Page 1651 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 65111511551160116411649165016511652165316611701175121512651 ... LastLast
Results 33,001 to 33,020 of 67397
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    But, if I'm being honest, running by myself in a Santa suit feels a bit weird. So, I'm going to go do it in Cambridge. I'll fit right in. Print out my bib number and wear it, no one will bat an eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    But, if I'm being honest, running by myself in a Santa suit feels a bit weird. So, I'm going to go do it in Cambridge. I'll fit right in. Print out my bib number and wear it, no one will bat an eye.

Sometimes we have to lie to ourselves.

Did you strap 8 guinea pigs to a harness and let them run in front of you?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Sometimes we have to lie to ourselves.
    I'm also going to run around Fresh Pond. Trust me, nobody will care and the few who notice will think, "I guess she's running some sort of race."

Christmas Eve: Baked ham, sweet potatoes, roasted cauliflower, pecan pie.
    Christmas Day: Rib roast, roasted potatoes, green veg, chocolate fondue cake.
    Boxing Day: fried turkey, fried oysters, collard greens, broiled tomato, ginger layer cake.
    Most will get delivered to older friends who can't get to family gatherings but the oyster are mine!
    Let the love rain down!
    Last edited by weezie; 12-23-2020 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Almost forgot the collards!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Egg nog comas already?

Egg nog comas already?
    pacing myself. Champagne in the fridge. Meanwhile, I'm going old school (think the pioneers!) in the basement, stringing a clothes line with my wife to endure the two week hardship between the death of our dryer on Sunday (RIP, Maytag!) and the triumphant entry of the new Speed Queen (love the name) on January 7.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    pacing myself. Champagne in the fridge. Meanwhile, I'm going old school (think the pioneers!) in the basement, stringing a clothes line with my wife to endure the two week hardship between the death of our dryer on Sunday (RIP, Maytag!) and the triumphant entry of the new Speed Queen (love the name) on January 7.
    I have a spare drum motor for a GE dryer. I bought it in May when the dryer threw off a fault code and wouldn't run. Tried the dryer again a couple days later after the motor got delayed in shipping. The dryer worked fine and has run ever since. I still hold on to that motor though. Some day I may need it.

I have a spare drum motor for a GE dryer. I bought it in May when the dryer threw off a fault code and wouldn't run. Tried the dryer again a couple days later after the motor got delayed in shipping. The dryer worked fine and has run ever since. I still hold on to that motor though. Some day I may need it.
    I tried all the traditional American Male tricks on the dryer...booted it, slammed my hand on it, but it wouldn't revive...14 loyal years of service, though...

Egg nog comas already?
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Mom got drunk
    and Dad got drunk
    at out Christmas party.
    We were drinking
    champagne punch and
    home-made egg nog . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Mom got drunk
    and Dad got drunk
    at out Christmas party.
    We were drinking
    champagne punch and
    home-made egg nog . . . .

Texas doesn’t do everything right but it does some. REK is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Texas doesn’t do everything right but it does some. REK is one of them.
    Hard to believe he and Lyle Lovett were college friends at Texas A&M.

They were in town for a joint acoustic show on Halloween in 2019 — here is REK as “William Shakespur”:

F679993D-2697-49F4-812B-6D05220F8220.jpg

Lyle, of course, came as himself.

Hard to believe he and Lyle Lovett were college friends at Texas A&M.

They were in town for a joint acoustic show on Halloween in 2019 — here is REK as “William Shakespur”:

F679993D-2697-49F4-812B-6D05220F8220.jpg

Lyle, of course, came as himself.
    Did you take that picture? That's pretty fun.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Did you take that picture? That's pretty fun.
    I was at the show but did not take the picture. Unfortunately have never met though REK’s guitarist Rich Brotherton is local. So REK shows up in town randomly.

I was at the show but did not take the picture. Unfortunately have never met though REK’s guitarist Rich Brotherton is local. So REK shows up in town randomly.
    Big fan of Texas Country (call it Red Dirt if you must). REK actually played at Duke one of the years I was there. Seem to remember (it's hazy) a stage set up on the main West quad.

Even though home isn't and hasn't been Texas for a lot of years, still makes me homesick for Texas.

5k in Santa suit completed. Attachment 12100
    Congrats! No beard?

OK - seeing if I can get the picture rotated properly. SantaSuit2020.jpg

Congrats! No beard?
    I was sent a beard, yes, but it was too big and kept falling off my face - not easy to run with it on, so, I opted for a face mask that says Ho Ho Ho instead.

Report - did anyone bat an eye? No, but several people did comment on my running attire, most said Merry Christmas. One woman told me I had made her day. Location selection was a success.

Report - did anyone bat an eye? No, but several people did comment on my running attire, most said Merry Christmas. One woman told me I had made her day. Location selection was a success.
    Were you also able to cross another town off the list?