Page 2928 of 3385 FirstFirst ... 1928242828282878291829262927292829292930293829783028 ... LastLast
Results 58,541 to 58,560 of 67685
    Freezing in Chicago, but the hotel lobby bar (at a pretty swanky place in Grant Park) has Boulevard Tank 7 Saison. Maybe my favorite beer (out of KC...thanks DinK!). That is a W.

Much consternation in Commodore land after last night's 57 point loss.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Much consternation in Commodore land after last night's 57 point loss.
    That was a beat down.

Ugh. Sick.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Ugh. Sick.
    Get well soon.

Strange twist of fate means I'm alone in the office today.

1400 mile drive begins tomorrow morning. Reese's mini cups on board, chocolate milk, tuna sandwiches, wife, dog.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    1400 mile drive begins tomorrow morning. Reese's mini cups on board, chocolate milk, tuna sandwiches, wife, dog.
    Whoa! That's a hike. Where are you headed, and how many days will you take to cover the distance? Fellow road trip warrior wondering about your practices.

For me, the menu would be Cherry Coke Zero, PB&J sandwiches, and goldfish. Haribo or Albanese gummy bears if I've been really good.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Whoa! That's a hike. Where are you headed, and how many days will you take to cover the distance? Fellow road trip warrior wondering about your practices.

For me, the menu would be Cherry Coke Zero, PB&J sandwiches, and goldfish. Haribo or Albanese gummy bears if I've been really good.
    Heading to Florida, first driving escapade from VT to there in 40 years or so. As such, we're taking three days: day one to Delaware, day two to Lumberton NC, day three to New Smyrna Beach, Fl.
    Plan is for roughly 8-9 hours per day, get to destination before dark, find food and beer.

The days are gone when I once drove from far northern VT to Carrboro NC in 13 hours and never once got out of the car...my bladder has aged since then...thank you NJ people for pumping my gas, something I'm apt to see happen tomorrow.

Tuna on a long road trip. Bold choice.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Tuna on a long road trip. Bold choice.
    Right. I'm not even allowed pork rinds except under special circumstances, and my daily mileage tends to max out at maybe 600 nowadays.

My preferred road trip fare is usually ginger ale, maybe Boylan's Creme Soda as a treat, pimento cheese sammiches, cut up veggies, and some good chips. Usually homemade cookies of some sort for sweets.

I like these Marathon drives and my standard fare is a tall dark roast coffee with light cream and two stevia in the morning. My snacks are pork rinds and either pistachios or cashews with diet root beer or water to drink. I drove 14 hours 2 weeks ago today. I have to stop to pee and get gas but otherwise no stops.

Interesting list order you have there. Assuming it is in order of importance.

My forever road trip treat is a Dairy Queen Oreo blizzard!

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Interesting list order you have there. Assuming it is in order of importance.
    The pilot must be fed!

I give up, what's the issue with tuna?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Road trip snacks for me: Fig Newtons and goldfish crackers, drinks vary. If I'm going to Vermont, I stop at the Hi Way Diner in Hooksett, New Hampshire and get the small disk shaped slightly chewy candies. Colors (in order of taste preference): orange, red, yellow, purple, green.

The only time I eat Fig Newtons is when I'm on a road trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Road trip snacks for me: Fig Newtons and goldfish crackers, drinks vary. If I'm going to Vermont, I stop at the Hi Way Diner in Hooksett, New Hampshire and get the small disk shaped slightly chewy candies. Colors (in order of taste preference): orange, red, yellow, purple, green.

The only time I eat Fig Newtons is when I'm on a road trip.
    Hooksett New Hamster, home of the very best interstate liquor (and wine) stores in these United States. I hesitate to praise the Granite State, but man, they do interstate liquor and wine better than anyone.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Hooksett New Hamster, home of the very best interstate liquor (and wine) stores in these United States. I hesitate to praise the Granite State, but man, they do interstate liquor and wine better than anyone.
    Do ONE thing and do it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Do ONE thing and do it well.
    Hahaha! So good.