Page 2077 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 107715771977202720672075207620772078207920872127217725773077 ... LastLast
Results 41,521 to 41,540 of 67658
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    If one reads the MLB thread one might think the Venn diagram of Duke basketball and St Louis Cardinals fans is just a circle.
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Which is why I skip that thread...
    F%*# Cobb County.
    Hashtag never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I assumed that was why her handle was 'aimo'. That famous French song by the noted Frenchman Dean Martin about famous French places like Napoli, "When the moon hits your eye, like a big pizza pie...that's Aimo!"
    Hopefully, he also mentioned that tower of pizza over there.

FWIW, my dinner of spaghetti w/meatballs is now ready. I love French cuisine!!!
    Thank you to French for showing us la dulce vita!
    I am confused.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    My lawnmower works so much better, now that I finally changed the air filter after 8 years. I guess Craftsman knows what they’re talking about when they say to change it after 25 hours of mowing. A good $8 investment.

Maybe I’ll even sharpen the blade at some point.
    I change my blade every ten years or so whether it needs it or not! Oil, why change that, it's messy...after about ten years I let Ed at Little Engine Heaven take care of things....

Which is why I skip that thread...

*He says after posting in it yesterday.
    So you are saying posting there was a mistake? That would be 2 in 2 days which gives this a very Jurassic Park/Chaos Theory vibe. DBR finds a way man. It finds a way.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    F%*# Cobb County.
    Hashtag never forget.
    The White Flight Braves?

So you are saying posting there was a mistake? That would be 2 in 2 days which gives this a very Jurassic Park/Chaos Theory vibe. DBR finds a way man. It finds a way.
    Nope, but a moment of indiscretion. Most of yesterday was exactly that. However, in that post I didn't discuss teams but the impact of the 10 day IL. I've been playing fantasy baseball for a couple decades. Most leagues have not adjusted to the 10 day IL by changing roster sizes and rules. Including one I've been running for two decades. Our overly generous disabled list rules are now about right.

Nope, but a moment of indiscretion. Most of yesterday was exactly that. However, in that post I didn't discuss teams but the impact of the 10 day IL. I've been playing fantasy baseball for a couple decades. Most leagues have not adjusted to the 10 day IL by changing roster sizes and rules. Including one I've been running for two decades. Our overly generous disabled list rules are now about right.
    I have never been able to wrap my mind around why people play fantasy sports. I recognize that it is so popular that the problem is definitely me. I just can't figure out the draw. I'm also in the camp that thinks that less than one half of one half of one half of one half of the population understands sports.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I have never been able to wrap my mind around why people play fantasy sports. I recognize that it is so popular that the problem is definitely me. I just can't figure out the draw. I'm also in the camp that thinks that less than one half of one half of one half of one half of the population understands sports.
    The only person who understands sports is Coach K, so, whatever percentage that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    The only person who understands sports is Coach K, so, whatever percentage that is.
    I sort of agree. Fun anecdote. The football coach at my high school went to the bank at 8 am on a Monday morning and was waiting there when the branch president showed up. When the bank president greeted him and asked if he could help him said football coach replied: "I'm here too follow you around today and tell you how to do your job. I heard you in the stands Friday night telling me how to do my job. I'm going to follow you around all day and tell you how to do yours."

I very much enjoy sports, but have zero interest in fantasy sports, personally. Reality is tough enough for me, on those occasions when I experience it.

It is sort of like investing or some might analogies to gambling. (FWIW, I used to go to national competitions hosted in Las Vegas.) It is an opportunity to have an idea and act on it with something at stake. I would differentiate this from the fan noted in CD's bank post.

It is sort of like investing or some might analogies to gambling. (FWIW, I used to go to national competitions hosted in Las Vegas.) It is an opportunity to have an idea and act on it with something at stake.
    I can see that. It's just that I base my entire existence on anger and hatred. So I am patently unable to support a player from a rival team and that seems like a requirement for fantasy sports. I don't want to take a reasonable look at a talented player on a rival team. Plus I would have to then refrain from using my voodoo dolls on them.

If one reads the MLB thread one might think the Venn diagram of Duke basketball and St Louis Cardinals fans is just a circle.
    I don’t read that thread but this made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I am confused.
    Heh. Just tuning in for that rabbit hole, huh?

I don’t read that thread but this made me laugh.
    I had read it for about 3 minutes when I set the over-under for dudes on there with Gas House Gang tramp stamps at 4.

I had read it for about 3 minutes when I set the over-under for dudes on there with Gas House Gang tramp stamps at 4.
    It ain't braggin' if you really done it.

analogies
    Analogize?

Like on a trip to Juarez?

I have a tattoo based on "Starry Night". Maybe I shouldn't be hurling stones here.

I have a tattoo based on "Starry Night". Maybe I shouldn't be hurling stones here.
    Depends on if you're a bigger Van Gogh fan than you are a Cardinals fan.