Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Ymm, Turkey

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    This sounds like turkey hunting. A hunter just sits against a tree, making interesting sounds until the turkeys come.
    I lecture at the University of Florida Medical Center in a couple of weeks and I will make lots of uninteresting sounds. I wonder if people will come?

Poblanos roasted. Aromatics sizzling. Turkey breast roasting.

Turkey breast looks like it came from a Tom that did no fewer than 500 turkey push-ups every day.
    Base aromatics: sweet onions, carrots, jalapenos.
    Then: garlic and roasted poblano pepper (earlier in the day, 425 in the oven until blackened then set them under a bowl to steam and sweat like old men getting schvitz)
    Next: Add the spices. I usually do a bit of salt, cumin, oregono, cayenne. Tonight I chopped a few chile in adobo and added those, too.
    After that: Add the chopped turkey breast that I had rubbed with melted butter and spices and roasted in the oven.
    Finally: Drop in your stock and cut with water. I didn't have my own turkey stock so had to go store bought. I usually get several pints of homemade stock after T-Giving.
    After the credits: Post on the Ymm, Turkey thread, "And that's how we give Clemmons the bird!"

Base aromatics: sweet onions, carrots, jalapenos.
    Then: garlic and roasted poblano pepper (earlier in the day, 425 in the oven until blackened then set them under a bowl to steam and sweat like old men getting schvitz)
    Next: Add the spices. I usually do a bit of salt, cumin, oregono, cayenne. Tonight I chopped a few chile in adobo and added those, too.
    After that: Add the chopped turkey breast that I had rubbed with melted butter and spices and roasted in the oven.
    Finally: Drop in your stock and cut with water. I didn't have my own turkey stock so had to go store bought. I usually get several pints of homemade stock after T-Giving.
    After the credits: Post on the Ymm, Turkey thread, "And that's how we give Clemmons the bird!"
    It's working. I am going to try one of these recipes. Clemmons"s small heart grew three sizes that day.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    It's working. I am going to try one of these recipes. Clemmons"s small heart grew three sizes that day.
    Makes sense. Turkey is currently more Ymm than chocolate, cookies, cake and seafood but significantly less Ymm than bourbon and beer.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    After bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon, and bacon?
    The gateway meat.

Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    The gateway meat.
    Inarguable

Turkey poblano soup is good on day one but even better on day two after soaking in the good stuff overnight.

Unlike people, most dishes are better after soaking in their own juices overnight.

Turkey poblano soup is good on day one but even better on day two after soaking in the good stuff overnight.

Unlike people, most dishes are better after soaking in their own juices overnight.
    To let down my guard for a second, isn't that true of pretty much any soup, stew or sauce, especially the Italian sauces?

To let down my guard for a second, isn't that true of pretty much any soup, stew or sauce, especially the Italian sauces?
    What did I say?

What did I say?
    [Sheepishly mumbles that I got so excited that I didn't read your entire post]

[Sheepishly mumbles that I got so excited that I didn't read your entire post]
    Well, Sauces and stews are worth that level of excitement!

Well, Sauces and stews are worth that level of excitement!
    Correct! I have a heaping bowl of chili beans on the stove that are going to cook for nigh 9 hours. And there will be leftovers. Oh there will be leftovers. You just cook the onions and brown the ground beef and then it's just beans and tomatoes and spices and Wala (a little present for Aimo. Hope she sees this). You have a wonderful meal. I dare say one could even use ground turkey and it would still taste delicious. I do 93% lean ground beef for this so it's not greasy.

Correct! I have a heaping bowl of chili beans on the stove that are going to cook for nigh 9 hours. And there will be leftovers. Oh there will be leftovers. You just cook the onions and brown the ground beef and then it's just beans and tomatoes and spices and Wala (a little present for Aimo. Hope she sees this). You have a wonderful meal. I dare say one could even use ground turkey and it would still taste delicious. I do 93% lean ground beef for this so it's not greasy.
    I still cannot spork you, but just to let you know, I am more and more likely to punch you in the face when I meet you.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I still cannot spork you, but just to let you know, I am more and more likely to punch you in the face when I meet you.
    It's a super punchable face. And it is great that my use of "Wala" could both garner a spork AND a face punch. What a place this is.

Ground turkey kinda ruins chili for me. YMMV. I recently made chili with ground venison and it was excellent. Maybe this belongs in the "Ymm, Deer" thread.

E2A I do like a lot of turkey dishes--just not ground turkey.

Quote Originally Posted by curtis325 View Post
    Ground turkey kinda ruins chili for me. YMMV. I recently made chili with ground venison and it was excellent. Maybe this belongs in the "Ymm, Deer" thread.

E2A I do like a lot of turkey dishes--just not ground turkey.
    Good gracious, you sent me a-searching:

0d346f6c2d022cd87a6a1adf8827333a.jpg

No offense intended to any bears and/or posters named Larry
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Oh yeah, all the flavors had a sleep over, played truth or dare and ate pizza all night, and are now best friends.

Oh yeah, all the flavors had a sleep over, played truth or dare and ate pizza all night, and are now best friends.
    So stews, sauces and soups mature somewhat like mandrakes.

So stews, sauces and soups mature somewhat like mandrakes.
    And 12 year old's at a sleep over but not like one of those sleep overs where everyone gangs up on the kid that falls asleep first (I'm not crying, you are!)...one of the sleep overs where everyone becomes besties based on shared experience, laughter and farting in sleeping bags.

Dutch ovens. Is there anything they can't do?