Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Whenever you get a chance to schedule a Q3 loss as replacement for a postponement, you just have to do it...

Did UNC just play their way on to the bubble? They were projected as an 11 seed before the game.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Whenever you get a chance to schedule a Q3 loss as replacement for a postponement, you just have to do it...
    Scheduling this game was borderline idiotic on Roy's part. A win does absolutely nothing for you. A loss is devastating.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Scheduling this game was borderline idiotic on Roy's part. A win does absolutely nothing for you. A loss is devastating.
    255px-Flag_of_Poland.svg.png

Idea borrowed from a friend. Thanks.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Worth noting that for all the talk about our lack of wins against tourney teams (despite the fact that we have at least 2), UNC’s best wins are over bubble teams, Duke, Stanford, and Louisville.

83-70, Wojo wins. Guess Ol Roy won’t be so quick to schedule one of Coach K’s boys any time soon!! GTHC. GTHC!!

dziewięć F

Bacot had three points? Maybe Carolina needs someone who can coach big men.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    I mean I get the Northeastern game....needed to stay sharp so schedule an overmatched opponent....some risk but worth it.

But you schedule a legit basketball program like Marquette? You gain absolutely nothing from it...NOTHING!!!!!

What a great couple nights this week for men's basketball in the Triangle!

This made me smile. Question for Huck about scheduling the game.

What would you say to Carolina fans who are questioning whether or not it makes sense to schedule this game considering the result?

“If I'd known we were gonna lose, God Almighty, I wouldn't schedule it then. Come on. We can't operate in damn hindsight. God Almighty. If you told me we were gonna lose, hell no we wouldn't have played the game. If you'd told me we were gonna beat the Lakers, I would've scheduled them. Carolina fans, they're not that dumb. If they are, I got no answer for them.”

I just looked at UVA’s resume and it isn’t as strong as I had thought. They beat Clemson badly at Clemson (85-50) when Clemson was #12 but other than that I don’t see any huge wins on UVa’s resume. Maybe I’m missing something. They have losses to unranked Duke, San Francisco, and NCSU. They got the dogs walked on them by Gonzaga, Virginia Tech, and FSU. Those three games weren’t even really competitive from UVa’s perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    Bacot had three points? Maybe Carolina needs someone who can coach big men.
    Thread over

unc dropped from 27 to 35 in kenpom. We dropped from 29 to 30.

-jk

Roy is not in the dadgum Purim spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    Roy is not in the dadgum Purim spirit.
    Oy vey!

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    unc dropped from 27 to 35 in kenpom. We dropped from 29 to 30.

-jk
    That seems to be due to several games. I had feared worse, given UVA also struggling at home.

Quote Originally Posted by wsb3 View Post
    This made me smile. Question for Huck about scheduling the game.

What would you say to Carolina fans who are questioning whether or not it makes sense to schedule this game considering the result?

“If I'd known we were gonna lose, God Almighty, I wouldn't schedule it then. Come on. We can't operate in damn hindsight. God Almighty. If you told me we were gonna lose, hell no we wouldn't have played the game. If you'd told me we were gonna beat the Lakers, I would've scheduled them. Carolina fans, they're not that dumb. If they are, I got no answer for them.”
    Memo to Roy:

1. Carolina fans ARE that dumb.

2. You should schedule the Lakers, now that they waived Quinn Cook.

Must See TV!

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Did UNC just play their way on to the bubble? They were projected as an 11 seed before the game.
    OMG, I am now wrestling with my conscience and losing. Mercy for my fellow man vs. schadenfreude. But regardless of my inner torments, you gotta watch Ol Roy's post-game presser, especially his answer to the last question.

I also briefly ventured into IC and found that I wasn't man enough. Not for the faint of heart.

What really interests me, all kidding aside, is which UNC team will show up against us? At their best, they are really good. At their worst, dog's breath. Likely against us, they will bring their best. Will be interesting!
    “I love it. Coach, when we came here, we had a three-hour meeting about the core values. If you really represent the core values, it means diving on the floor, sacrificing your body for your teammates, no matter how much you’re up by or how much you’re down by, always playing hard.” -- Zion

Heels looked good, so did state. I think this year many teams are struggling with COVID-19 messing up coaching, team bonding, the flow of the season, etc. Veteran teams seem to be doing much better.