Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Didn't like that defense by the secondary.

Game’s not over guys. The D we saw at Charlotte just showed up.

Wow. That defensive possession was pretty ugly. Did we really take some starters out?

I don’t like that we’ve given them momentum right before the half.

And we botched the time management at end by substituting players; so NW could then take their time substituting with clock running. Guess we can’t have it all. But made the 50 yd FG.

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    Wow. That defensive possession was pretty ugly. Did we really take some starters out?

I don’t like that we’ve given them momentum right before the half.
    Took a bit back with that drive

Charlie Ham bails us out at the end of the half. Terrible clock/game management there by Cut. Fitzgerald’s gamesmanship on display.

They would have had the momentum to start the 2nd half if we had come away with no points. But thank goodness for Ham’s 50 yarder.

400 yards of offense at the half! Not bad…

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Wow, QBs who transfer from Clemson just commit boatloads of turnovers, don’t they?
    It must be a secret strategy of Dabo Swinney's, to screw up all their opponents. (of course they don't really need to do that to dominate, especially against Duke and Northwestern)

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    And we botched the time management at end by substituting players; so NW could then take their time substituting with clock running. Guess we can’t have it all. But made the 50 yd FG.
    Oh my! We have a kicking game this year?

Yep. Should have just clocked it. Not like Duke was going to run four plays in that situation.

Great half by Duke!

But, the NW defense has definitely figured something out. They held us to 3 FGs and a punt in the 2nd quarter.

Fitzgerald is a good coach. Will be interesting to see what adjustments he makes at the half.

Mataeo Durant has 102 yards rushing in the 1st half with a touchdown plus a receiving touchdown. An impressive half hopefully he keeps going strong.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Mataeo Durant has 102 yards rushing in the 1st half with a touchdown plus a receiving touchdown. An impressive half hopefully he keeps going strong.
    Could have had close to another TD, too. Fumbled inside the 5 yard line.

Duke’s next opponent? Complacency.
    Let’s Go Duke

Since the play clock is running, how long does the defense have to sub? There has to be a limit, or else you force a play clock penalty or a timeout by the offense?

I’m confused. I don’t get ACCN (Comcast-ugh), and haven’t seen games this year. I’m listening now -radio streaming, but how do we get blown out by Charlotte and blow out Northwestern? (Pending second half).

Could it be we have a hope for a bowl game this year?

Pat Fitzgerald is the first NCAA FBS head coach that I’ve seen wear shorts during a game ever.

Another penalty at an inopportune time. I would be interested to know if that personal foul was a bs call, like the one in the first half.

Duke needs to be careful here. This game is far from over. And NW seems energized to start this half.

30-13 Duke with 26:44 remaining.

Don’t do this Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    Another penalty at an inopportune time. I would be interested to know if that personal foul was a bs call, like the one in the first half.

Duke needs to be careful here. This game is far from over. And NW seems energized to start this half.
    Duke has started the half with a number of bad decisions. NW is ready to play now