Page 1623 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 62311231523157316131621162216231624162516331673172321232623 ... LastLast
Results 32,441 to 32,460 of 67390
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Was in Mexico City a few years back for work but it was the best set of meals I’ve had in some time.

I greatly enjoyed my latin america travels for the food.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    99% of my cell messages.
    Answer them in Japanese, that should mess them up.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I greatly enjoyed my latin america travels for the food.
    Aside from Mexico City, I haven’t been to other regions (don’t count Cancun for a wedding) but have Oaxaca high on my for food purposes. We ate pretty high end in MC.

Spent some time in Belize, Guatemala, and Nicaragua. Those were all vacations and we mostly ate at smaller, local joints but always had a good meal.

Aside from Mexico City, I haven’t been to other regions (don’t count Cancun for a wedding) but have Oaxaca high on my for food purposes. We ate pretty high end in MC.

Spent some time in Belize, Guatemala, and Nicaragua. Those were all vacations and we mostly ate at smaller, local joints but always had a good meal.
    I will say that the spice palette in Mexico is more to my liking. Brazil and Argentina were much more bland from that respect but offered very good versions of European cuisine.

I will say that the spice palette in Mexico is more to my liking. Brazil and Argentina were much more bland from that respect but offered very good versions of European cuisine.
    Both those places are on the list. Only have Peru and Ecuador in SA. Peru, and I’m not joking, blew my potato loving mind. I had no idea there was such tater diversity.

I won’t tell BostonDevil what else I ate while there though.

It wasn't PopTarts?

It wasn't PopTarts?
    Hah hah. No, I have no pig in that fight.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Both those places are on the list. Only have Peru and Ecuador in SA. Peru, and I’m not joking, blew my potato loving mind. I had no idea there was such tater diversity.

Huh. I can't figure it out. Chocolate ice cream? Coffee? Tomatoes? If it's some kind of bug, yeah, I don't want to know.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Yep, we do indeed have Hurricane Iota.

I will see if we can get an official prediction from The Drewsk as to how far we'll go.

Sometimes, just paying a professional is by far the easiest path.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Sometimes, just paying a professional is by far the easiest path.
    didst thou bungle something?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Yep, we do indeed have Hurricane Iota.

I will see if we can get an official prediction from The Drewsk as to how far we'll go.
    Cat 5 and aiming for the same part of the coast as Eta. Lord help them!

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    didst thou bungle something?
    No. I elected to have a professional come replace a window rather than having the glass cut and installing it myself.

It was twice the cost (but not that expensive at the end of the day) but a fraction of the stress and concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    No. I elected to have a professional come replace a window rather than having the glass cut and installing it myself.

It was twice the cost (but not that expensive at the end of the day) but a fraction of the stress and concern.
    oh yes, there's a smart move. Windows are tricky, people often complain about subsequent leaks and blame the windows, though faulty installation is almost always the real cause.

Something I've learned over the years (sounds like what you may be doing): sometimes an otherwise sound window loses the seal between the two panes of glass. You can have people come, just extract the glass, custom order a new piece, install it for a small fraction of the price a new window would cost...e.g. I got three panes replaced this summer for less than $500...a bargain.

oh yes, there's a smart move. Windows are tricky, people often complain about subsequent leaks and blame the windows, though faulty installation is almost always the real cause.

Something I've learned over the years (sounds like what you may be doing): sometimes an otherwise sound window loses the seal between the two panes of glass. You can have people come, just extract the glass, custom order a new piece, install it for a small fraction of the price a new window would cost...e.g. I got three panes replaced this summer for less than $500...a bargain.
    Are they able to reseal it? That would be the interesting to watch.

Are they able to reseal it? That would be the interesting to watch.
    Not sure what you mean by "reseal." They simple pull out the double paned piece of glass, and put in a new one. Works perfectly, I've done five or six over the years, it works great...we have some big windows that face "the weather," i.e. West, and they take a beating. Obviously any rot or anything in the window frame itself is another matter altogether...

Not sure what you mean by "reseal." They simple pull out the double paned piece of glass, and put in a new one. Works perfectly, I've done five or six over the years, it works great...we have some big windows that face "the weather," i.e. West, and they take a beating. Obviously any rot or anything in the window frame itself is another matter altogether...
    I'm not sure how they achieve the sealing but in some cases they are using uncommon gases.

"Double-pane windows have a layer of gas (usually argon or air) trapped between two panes of glass that acts as insulation to reduce heat loss through the window. Other types of gas used in this space have various effects on heat gain or loss through the window. Some windows also have a thin film installed between panes that separates the space between the panes into two spaces, further reducing heat loss and heat gain through the window. If multiple-pane windows appear misty or foggy, it means that the seal protecting the window assembly has failed."

https://www.nachi.org/condensation-d...ed-windows.htm

I've only ever reinstalled windows when I had virus issues.

I'm not sure how they achieve the sealing but in some cases they are using uncommon gases.

"Double-pane windows have a layer of gas (usually argon or air) trapped between two panes of glass that acts as insulation to reduce heat loss through the window. Other types of gas used in this space have various effects on heat gain or loss through the window. Some windows also have a thin film installed between panes that separates the space between the panes into two spaces, further reducing heat loss and heat gain through the window. If multiple-pane windows appear misty or foggy, it means that the seal protecting the window assembly has failed."

https://www.nachi.org/condensation-d...ed-windows.htm
    ah, ok...so they pop out the old glass unit that has lost its seal...it is two panes of glass with a narrow aluminum border around them, and there is gas in between the panes of glass...the company that comes to my house sends away for these units (I'm sure it's not trivial to seal them) then just pops the new sealed unit into place. Still, it's cheap, as I said three windows done for under $500...

I have not yet come to grips with the fact that I neither want to be or can be handy (beyond certain basics) in home improvements. It is a sort of great shame.

I think it's mostly a patience thing. I also get pissed off by the sheer diversity of nail and screw sizes, tools specification, etc. I derive no enjoyment from cataloging and cultivating an arsenal of home improvement tools. I am not Hank Hill.