Page 290 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 1902402802882892902912923003403907901290 ... LastLast
Results 5,781 to 5,800 of 67405
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    You know, talking about cats gives me every excuse to tell 'cute kid' stories.

Good news on the theater front, I just got into one of my favorite festivals with 'Heartbreak Hill'. It's in January, Ymo and billy. I'm just saying. I can't give anymore details yet because I'm not supposed to say anything until all the playwrights have been notified, so please, don't get me in trouble.

Cute cat pix? I'm in.

Here is a picture of two of my cats cuddling cheek to cheek.
    Cuddling cheek to cheek.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I'd be interested in learning about the story...

Its a hugely complicated deal that doesn't make much sense to me. Sam Zell convinved the trustees of the ESOP for the The Tribune Company that it would be a good idea to borrow $8+ billion dollars to buy a stake in the company. Ultimately, the ESOP ended up buying 100% of the stock with borrowed money and Zell will chip in $315 million(much of it a loan) that will give him the right to control 40% of the company. Much of the employee's future is being gambled on the success of the company. A huge risk given everything that has been happening and the now $13 billion debt that the company has to service. One day, there will be lawsuits over this...

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Here is a picture of two of my cats cuddling cheek to cheek.
    Cuddling cheek to cheek.jpg
    Hahahaha cheek to cheek.

Chloe is currently curled up in the middle of my clean laundry, which she took upon spreading out over the bed so she could get comfy. I'd take a pic, but, um, she's in the middle of my... unmemntionables at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Its a hugely complicated deal that doesn't make much sense to me. Sam Zell convinved the trustees of the ESOP for the The Tribune Company that it would be a good idea to borrow $8+ billion dollars to buy a stake in the company. Ultimately, the ESOP ended up buying 100% of the stock with borrowed money and Zell will chip in $315 million(much of it a loan) that will give him the right to control 40% of the company. Much of the employee's future is being gambled on the success of the company. A huge risk given everything that has been happening and the now $13 billion debt that the company has to service. One day, there will be lawsuits over this...
    I'll plead ignorance with this story. Not familiar with it one iota.

Will there be stockholder lawsuits over the recent run of bank/financial failures like AIG and Wachovia?

I figure the ESOP will come to its senses one day and sue whomever gave them the advice to pursue the deal...

Oh, ESOP = Employee Stock Ownership Plan

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Hahahaha cheek to cheek.

Chloe is currently curled up in the middle of my clean laundry, which she took upon spreading out over the bed so she could get comfy. I'd take a pic, but, um, she's in the middle of my... unmemntionables at the moment.
    You know, you could fold that laundry and put it away. ;-)
    Seriously though, who could deprive their cats of such a small pleasure.

Allegra is protecting my bass.

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    You know, you could fold that laundry and put it away. ;-)
    Seriously though, who could deprive their cats of such a small pleasure.
    It WAS folded. In nice neat piles. Ready to be put away (another story). That's my girl, though.

And you're right, all I could do was to go in and kiss her and snuggle.

Enough with the Cats!

All this cat talk sent the thread to the bottom of page 1. Sacre Bleu!

Let's talk about dogs. Dogs are superior pets to cats in every way. If you want a companion, get a dog. If you want a feral beast living in your midst, get a cat.

My puppy has started running with me. She loves to run! The vet tells me she shouldn't go on long runs until she's 1 year old. So we go for short runs, ~20 minutes. She's a tough training partner. At random intervals she likes to sprint.

Dogs are great! My dog is the best!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    My dogs pushed me out of bed this morning. My cat won't do that, he knows I'm the reason the bed is warm.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    You all can designate some other Head Elf if you want, but I've held that title around these parts for a long time. I fail to see why you don't understand the difference between not liking, yet accepting something, and not having ever seen it at all. Choose who you will, but I refuse to relinquish my title, and if need be, I will establish the Head Elficy of Avignon in exile.
    I really have no desire to be Head Elf. I would be very happy to be Assistant to the Most Gloriously Spendiferous Chief Elf of the DBR - Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    My dogs pushed me out of bed this morning. My cat won't do that, he knows I'm the reason the bed is warm.
    My dog likes to preempt the alarm clock. She starts licking my face and pawing me 2 to 3 minutes before the alarm.

This morning, she couldn't because she was stuck under the bed.

She likes to sleep under the bed. As she's been growing, we anticipated the day would come when she got stuck. Today was that day. Now we'll see how many more times she gets stuck before she stops going under there.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    My dog likes to preempt the alarm clock. She starts licking my face and pawing me 2 to 3 minutes before the alarm.

This morning, she couldn't because she was stuck under the bed.

She likes to sleep under the bed. As she's been growing, we anticipated the day would come when she got stuck. Today was that day. Now we'll see how many more times she gets stuck before she stops going under there.
    My sister's old dog had a snooze alarm. Mallie would stand by the bed and stare at you until you woke up. If you told her "five more minutes, Mallie", she would go back to her bed and lie down only to return 5 minutes later and start staring at you again.

We've trained our dog since puppyhood that our absurdly late sleep cycles are to be respected. He sleeps in our room, but he would never have the gall to wake us up. On some days, that means sleeping in till 10 or 11.

He's a good dog.

Let's talk about dogs. Dogs are superior pets to cats in every way. If you want a companion, get a dog. If you want a feral beast living in your midst, get a cat.
    So says the Onion: Like Boxes Of [Crap] In Your House? Get A Cat.

Dog owners always gotta be hating on the cat owners. Why dat?

No hate. Pity. "I pity da fool . . ."

I don't hate cat owners. I feel sorry for them because cats kind of creep me out. I couldn't imagine living with an animal that is clearly my intellectual superior. Never an issue I would have with my dog.

No hate. Pity. "I pity da fool . . ."
    HAHAHA. For the record... Mr. T loves kittens, not puppies.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    I don't hate cat owners. I feel sorry for them because cats kind of creep me out. I couldn't imagine living with an animal that is clearly my intellectual superior. Never an issue I would have with my dog.
    I can understand why some people don't like cats or dogs, or even why some people don't like animals at all. But I've never understood the need to talk about it. It's been my experience that dog lovers are more likely to comment negatively on cats than vice versa.

Anyone else notice this or do I just need to have another cup of coffee, or a glass of wine?