Page 1134 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 1346341034108411241132113311341135113611441184123416342134 ... LastLast
Results 22,661 to 22,680 of 67384
    I'll gladly stay up ALL NIGHT LONG if there is something wonderful to post about early April 9, 2019.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    I'll gladly stay up ALL NIGHT LONG if there is something wonderful to post about early April 9, 2019.
    I can't spork, but this is the right answer.

I may literally have to do that — I will be about five time zones ahead of our East Coast.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I'll try that on my son. It's his birthday tomorrow. He weighed 10.5 lbs at birth.

He owes me.

Big time.
    My number 3 son weighed 10lbs 10 oz.

I have been keeping track through the years. I know of 10 sets of twins that weighed less combined at birth than my son. Yours too. They owe us double big time.

BTW, I'm doing that Shakespeare in the Park thing again this summer. This year's offering is Much Ado About Nothing. I'm producing and playing Don Pedro (the Denzel Washington part). The director is going for '30s screwball comedy in tone and wants to costume me as a Marlene Dietrich type.

My reply to a ‘dore alum posting at another site and using the screen name, siddfynch:

Thankfully you are a figment of George Plimpton’s imagination.

Too harsh?

Haha, well, ya never know.

It made me laugh though.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    BTW, I'm doing that Shakespeare in the Park thing again this summer. This year's offering is Much Ado About Nothing. I'm producing and playing Don Pedro (the Denzel Washington part). The director is going for '30s screwball comedy in tone and wants to costume me as a Marlene Dietrich type.
    Hhhhmmm. I'm trying to picture Denzel dressed at Dietrich.

I'm sure he could pull it off though and I know you'll do a great job!

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    My reply to a ‘dore alum posting at another site and using the screen name, siddfynch:

Too harsh?
    I thought the Mets would win it all that year.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post

Too harsh?
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I thought the Mets would win it all that year.
    One of the best April Fools stories of all time.

Hhhhmmm. I'm trying to picture Denzel dressed at Dietrich.

I'm sure he could pull it off though and I know you'll do a great job!
    Brannagh didn't go for '30s screwball comedy though. He went with leather pants. A much better choice when you have Denzel playing the role.

...leather pants. A much better choice when you have Denzel playing the role.
    My goodness, that's some powerful acting right there. As if he was born to play that role in those leather pants.

I'll try that on my son. It's his birthday tomorrow. He weighed 10.5 lbs at birth.

He owes me.

Big time.
    My number 3 son weighed 10lbs 10 oz.

I have been keeping track through the years. I know of 10 sets of twins that weighed less combined at birth than my son. Yours too. They owe us double big time.
    Mrs. Turk is a member of the "Tough Mama" club too. Here's how our crew arrived in the world:

#1 - 9 lb 5 oz. (meh. but no anesthesia - we got to the hospital too late, she was afraid of being sent home for "false contractions")
    #2 and #3 - 8.0 and 8.1 fraternal twins, via the traditional exit. "Sixteen pounds of baby!!" That tends to get people's attention. The nurse had 20+ years at the hospital, and she couldn't remember any twins that were bigger. (Mrs. Turk's reaction after the epidural kicked in: "Wow, this is really easy!")
    #4 - 10.15 - so close to that 11 lb. mark. Someone should have put their thumb on the scale...
    "Quality is not an option!"

^^^ Holy moly! She wins!

^^^ Holy moly! She wins!
    indeed.

I remember the story my grandmother told about when my uncle came out of delivery. "Boy or Girl?" she asked. "Both..."

Surprise twins! (My aunt's fourth pregnancy, she got larger each one, healthy for all, and ultrasound was just for problematic pregnancies then.)

Fourth and fifth kid! More cousins!

-jk

Thought for my day (besides Denzel in leather pants): SMILE! It's not perfect but it's pretty darned great!

Set the controls for
    the heart of the Sun . . . .

Thought for my day (besides Denzel in leather pants): SMILE! It's not perfect but it's pretty darned great!
    That's basically my thought for everyday.

Considering forming an exploratory committee for a presidential campaign.

Any volunteers?

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Considering forming an exploratory committee for a presidential campaign.

Any volunteers?

Sounds like a good time!