Page 2608 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 16082108250825582598260626072608260926102618265827083108 ... LastLast
Results 52,141 to 52,160 of 67397
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Yeah, probably. I'll back off my criticisms of UNC's School of Journalism.
    No one is above criticism. I point out the irony of the misspelling Duke when our school was on academic probation and the only reason they didn't get NCAA probation is they changed their story from calling it academic fraud to SACS.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    We aren't relitigating that. Plus has anyone ever said to you: "Today I didn't even have to use my JK. I got to say it was a good day."? If you don't have any friends that would reference Ice Cube every time they talk to you, then you need to reevaluate your friendship model. You're welcome.
    I even saw the lights of the Goodyear blimp and it read Aimo's a pimp.
    I do not get your rap references . . . and I am OK with that.

I'm going to start quoting 80s pop and alt rock to talk about you.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Well, what else is there to talk about then if we can’t do the slap or Lax?!? Woodrow Wilson is off the table, too, and that’s like half the things people talk about besides sex, drugs, politics, religion and farts.
    Can we talk about waking up this morning to news stories that KU has won 6 national titles? They claim, not one, but two Helms titles - 1922 and 1923. I believe this means they beat unc again.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I do not get your rap references . . . and I am OK with that.

I'm going to start quoting 80s pop and alt rock to talk about you.
    I'd like this game!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    As much as I dislike that school, I don't think you can come down on UNC journalism grads for that fiasco. ALL journalism outlets from ALL schools messed that one up big time. I don't think they should have been expected to step up any more than the others. It's just what too much journalism is nowadays. Sensationalism over truth first, then maybe later get to the facts.
    You are correct, but my response to the bolded part is yes, they should have. They absolutely should have stepped up more than others. I agree that too much journalism nowadays is sensationalism over truth but I will give no school of journalism the benefit of the doubt if they keep turning out journalists who do not examine their own confirmation biases. Every single journalist that graduated from UNC should be asking themselves every time they come across a story that puts Duke in an unfavorable light, "Is this true or do I just want it to be true?" Sometimes, but not always, the answer to both those questions will be yes. If a journalist is unable to tell the difference then they aren't actually good at their jobs. And although there are some UNC grads like CD, most of them have preconceived biases when it comes to Duke. They should know this fact about themselves and be extra vigilant when it comes to bringing that bias into their coverage of Duke related news events. When I read stories about Duke that seem overly negatively slanted, I google the reporter. I have yet to find one that didn't go to UNC. I will admit that I have some confirmation bias around this fact, so I try to be fair about my definition of "overly negatively slanted" and have gone so far as to ask neutral third parties their opinion.

Note: we are not rehashing the actual event, we are discussing journalism and confirmation bias.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Can we talk about waking up this morning to news stories that KU has won 6 national titles? They claim, not one, but two Helms titles - 1922 and 1923. I believe this means they beat unc again.
    Saying you won 2 helms titles is like saying you saw 2 unicorns.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Nice!

I'd like this game!
    Searching, searching . . .

All I'm coming up with is Safety Dance. In my imagination, CD has the Safety Dance move perfected. So that, you know, it's safe to dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Searching, searching . . .

All I'm coming up with is Safety Dance. In my imagination, CD has the Safety Dance move perfected. So that, you know, it's safe to dance.
    In person I am chatty, but generally more interested in someone else's life than in mine. I know what I do. I'm fascinated by the lives of other people. In Calgary I met a first nations dude who was a steelworker. Just all of that was fascinating to me and I made him tell me about his life for a full hour. That is a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I am completely perkified, and the sun is out, what could be more better than this? Even uncovered the Adirondack chairs on the deck...
    Nearly 4 hours in the yard today. It got warm(90) by the time I was finished. No mowing yet, but that will happen soon.

In person I am chatty, but generally more interested in someone else's life than in mine. I know what I do. I'm fascinated by the lives of other people. In Calgary I met a first nations dude who was a steelworker. Just all of that was fascinating to me and I made him tell me about his life for a full hour. That is a good time.
    Did you take him home with you?

You sound like me.

Back in the 90s, I worked for 2 days as an extra in a movie. (I am not visible in the finished film.) The movie was set in the 30s and all the extras wore vintage clothes. When I went for my costume fitting, I got to talking to the costumer. She had been a former corps de ballet member at the New York City Ballet. In order to make ends meet because corps de ballet members make diddly squat, she started working in the costume shop. After her dancing days were over, she had costuming experience and went on to be a costumer. She told me no single warehouse in the US had enough vintage 30s dresses to costume 200 extras so the production company had to fly in all the costumes for the extras from England. I told my friend who worked one of those days as an extra with me all this stuff. She asked me, "How did you find out all this stuff?" My response, "I asked her?" People are fascinating. Everybody has a story. Not all of them have biographies that would sell many books, but they all have a story. A lot of them will tell you at least part of theirs if you ask.

Did you take him home with you?
    I'm unable to respond to this in the manner that I would like to.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Nearly 4 hours in the yard today. It got warm(90) by the time I was finished. No mowing yet, but that will happen soon.
    That’s a lot of rolling around. Well done. Healing g, I’m sure.

It got up to 96 today, air conditioning season in my household has started.

It got up to 96 today, air conditioning season in my household has started.
    Wow! Early for that!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    That’s a lot of rolling around. Well done. Healing g, I’m sure.
    It was also a lot of raking, edging and pulling of weeds. I don't remember having to do this much ever before.

I haven't looked at that closed thread at all. Not sure there is anything there that would be interesting.

I haven't looked at that closed thread at all. Not sure there is anything there that would be interesting.
    There's not one single thing about lawns and pop tarts.

There's not one single thing about lawns and pop tarts.
    Cars or cats? Or dogs? My last few tweets were about toasters, I do have some experience in that area.