Page 2537 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 15372037243724872527253525362537253825392547258726373037 ... LastLast
Results 50,721 to 50,740 of 67382
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    And now I'm feeling wistful and nostalgic. I've finished about 3/4ths of the driveway shoveling. I'm supposed to go up to Haverhill tomorrow morning to run a 5k. The race is at 11am so I could, in theory, finish shoveling tomorrow morning. It's about a 45 minute drive so, giving myself getting lost time, I should leave between 9:30 and 9:45am. (I like to get to races with 20-30 minutes to spare.) If I get up at 7:30, that's 2 hours to finish the shoveling. What does the LTE think - go shovel more now or leave it until morning?
    How much recovery time from shoveling do you need?

-jk

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    How much recovery time from shoveling do you need?

-jk
    I'll be sitting in the car for 45 minutes, that's plenty. Also - I'm not trying to win. The goal with these 5k races is to finish - upright and smiling.

I made another post in the plague thread. Sigh. Hopefully my last, for real this time.

What does the LTE think - go shovel more now or leave it until morning?
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Leave it!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    This right here is nicely done.

I made another post in the plague thread. Sigh. Hopefully my last, for real this time.
    I stopped reading it about 10 days ago. It was an amazing source of info during the pandemic. I read every post ever made in there until a couple of weeks ago

I stopped reading it about 10 days ago. It was an amazing source of info during the pandemic. I read every post ever made in there until a couple of weeks ago
    I thought I'd moved on but then I went and read some more.

I thought I'd moved on but then I went and read some more.
    That's why I stopped reading it. I learned from you, John B, rsvman and a couple of others. We are past that point now. Not interested in the emotional fallout. And that seems where it was heading.

Bombas’ socks rock.

And now I'm feeling wistful and nostalgic. I've finished about 3/4ths of the driveway shoveling. I'm supposed to go up to Haverhill tomorrow morning to run a 5k. The race is at 11am so I could, in theory, finish shoveling tomorrow morning. It's about a 45 minute drive so, giving myself getting lost time, I should leave between 9:30 and 9:45am. (I like to get to races with 20-30 minutes to spare.) If I get up at 7:30, that's 2 hours to finish the shoveling. What does the LTE think - go shovel more now or leave it until morning?
    Sixty years ago in the Days of Olde, a young Budwom would have knocked on your door and shoveled the entire driveway for five bucks. Alas I haven't seen a kid offer to do that in half a century.

That's why I stopped reading it. I learned from you, John B, rsvman and a couple of others. We are past that point now. Not interested in the emotional fallout. And that seems where it was heading.
    Yeah, I have to stop reading it now. I was reading without posting for at least a week.

Shoveling is done. I'm giving myself another 5 minutes then I'm putting on my running clothes and heading out.

Shoveling is done. I'm giving myself another 5 minutes then I'm putting on my running clothes and heading out.
    Strong work!

Well, the window for making the first pitch of the rescheduled game is closed. Driving would have cost me $44 in gas and $17 in insurance. (Yes, I pay per mile.) So, do I want to spend another $60+ chasing after that $15 ticket to the game?

Well, the window for making the first pitch of the rescheduled game is closed. Driving would have cost me $44 in gas and $17 in insurance. (Yes, I pay per mile.) So, do I want to spend another $60+ chasing after that $15 ticket to the game?
    pay per mile? that's a new one on me...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    pay per mile? that's a new one on me...
    Yes, not likely available in your state. 8-10 states allow it right now. You pay a base rate and then get billed each month for how much you drive. Since I didn't have to drive in to work for the last two years, it was a huge savings. About 75%. In April, I'm going to have to start going in 3 days a week, so that gap is going to narrow to about 40% savings, maybe less.

Yes, not likely available in your state. 8-10 states allow it right now. You pay a base rate and then get billed each month for how much you drive. Since I didn't have to drive in to work for the last two years, it was a huge savings. About 75%. In April, I'm going to have to start going in 3 days a week, so that gap is going to narrow to about 40% savings, maybe less.
    can you tell me what your rate was (for two cars perhaps?) before you signed up for the mileage thing? Just wondering how high your normal rates are vs ours...we're not terribly litigious around here, so I pay $1100/yr for two cars, including collision, plus another $190 for a million dollar umbrella policy that covers the house as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Reported.