Page 2477 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 14771977237724272467247524762477247824792487252725772977 ... LastLast
Results 49,521 to 49,540 of 67665
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    You call someone ponyboy again?
    Referenced him. But I am more like an aging Cherry Valence I think.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Dude. You’re a greaser.

Dude. You’re a greaser.
    Definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post

Diane Lane is stunning...this is clearly a false equivalence.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I think I should read The Outsiders. My book club meets this week, I might suggest it.

I remember reading it in Jr High.

And the movie has such a star studded cast.

Stay good Ponyboy.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Diane Lane is stunning...this is clearly a false equivalence.
    Well how dare you. It's accurate, but how dare you.

The mushrooms that Katy Perry danced with on last night’s SNL make me nervous and sweaty.

Those weren’t mushrooms

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    I remember reading it in Jr High.

And the movie has such a star studded cast.

Stay good Ponyboy.
    I must correct you - it is Stay GOLD Ponyboy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I think I should read The Outsiders. My book club meets this week, I might suggest it.
    You've never read it? If true, you should check out all of Hinton's books. They are all quick reads. Several made into movies. I think Matt Dillon was in several.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    You've never read it? If true, you should check out all of Hinton's books. They are all quick reads. Several made into movies. I think Matt Dillon was in several.
    BD is a total soc.

BD is a total soc.
    She is TOTALLY Cherry Valance! Except, for, you know, the hair.

She is TOTALLY Cherry Valance! Except, for, you know, the hair.
    I've been dying it red for decades now. I got tired of all the dumb blonde jokes.

BD is a total soc.
    Nope. I had friends in high school who referred to my neighborhood as "out past the cows". Aimo can back me up. The soc, hmm, what is the plural of soc? I'll go with soces all live in Hope Valley. There was a big group of us who were neither greasers nor soces. I don't think we had a name.

Nope. I had friends in high school who referred to my neighborhood as "out past the cows". Aimo can back me up. The soc, hmm, what is the plural of soc? I'll go with soces all live in Hope Valley. There was a big group of us who were neither greasers nor soces. I don't think we had a name.
    I feel ya. My house growing up backed up to a farm. My house now is adjacent to two. I’d say Soc in the streets, Greaser in the sheets but that’s just weird and frankly I like my semi-rural privacy.

My favorite Marvel character is Aluminum Man. He’s always foiling the villains’ plans!

I've been dying it red for decades now. I got tired of all the dumb blonde jokes.
    Ah! So you could be Cherry! Although you're too smart to ever be called a dumb blond. And I have know quite a few dumb dark-haireds.

Yeah, the Hope Valley kids were definitely the socs. And there were some greasers, too. Or actually more "punk" when I was in high school. I was of the non-descript, in-the-middle, anti-popular group. I was an anti-snob snob. And WE were the ones with the cows on our road. Wish the old 'hood was still surrounded by cows. Now all overcrowded developments filled with transplants. People find it hard to believe I was actually born in Durham. There aren't many of us left.

Ah! So you could be Cherry! Although you're too smart to ever be called a dumb blond. And I have know quite a few dumb dark-haireds.

Yeah, the Hope Valley kids were definitely the socs. And there were some greasers, too. Or actually more "punk" when I was in high school. I was of the non-descript, in-the-middle, anti-popular group. I was an anti-snob snob. And WE were the ones with the cows on our road. Wish the old 'hood was still surrounded by cows. Now all overcrowded developments filled with transplants. People find it hard to believe I was actually born in Durham. There aren't many of us left.
    And yet, it happened. Quite a lot, really. I don't think that's actually why I started dying my hair though. It was more of a grass is always greener thing. I've always loved red hair and when my stylist started dying her own hair red, I told her that I had a secret desire to be a redhead too. She talked me into trying it and my hair has been the color she think looks best ever since. I once asked her if she thought I should go back to something closer to my original color and she said no.

I may have told this story before, but it is my belief that nobody thinks they are popular in high school, even the ones that others would call the popular kids. I mentioned this opinion to a friend once, telling her that I had friends in high school but I wasn't particularly popular. Her: Yeah, it's not like you were captain of the cheerleaders or anything. Me, Uhm, yeah, actually I was captain of the cheerleaders. Her: You were popular! Me: Probably, but I didn't think I was.

I went to a nearly all white high school in suburban Phoenix/Scottsdale, Arizona that was surrounded by Arabian horse farms. We were definitely in the Soc sphere collectively. Internally, the lines were drawn on entirely different dimensions.