Page 11 of 122 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Wonder what Kessler and Allen would look like with a beard.
    Grayson and Ted both have their haters....and even the haters had to admit it worked for Cruz (which surprised me actually). Maybe Grayson should give it a try...

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Grayson and Ted both have their haters...and even the haters had to admit it worked for Cruz (which surprised me actually). Maybe Grayson should give it a try...
    manuaryme.jpg
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Of course I can't spork that. But it rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I imagine this is what Grayson would look like if he were from Asheville.

Can someone explain to me what a spork is?

Quote Originally Posted by SueAxe View Post
    There's a like/dislike button under every post. Some posters are barred from liking posts after giving out so many to a single poster. So we write "spork" to someone in the thread if/when we want to call them out for another good post.

At least, that's what I assume this is all about. Perhaps I have stumbled upon a secret cabal of Taco Bell aficionados.

A spork is a half-spoon-half-fork. See the little pitchforks under some posters' name in posts? They don't really look like sporks, but it's become a nice shorthand for pitchforks.

As DBA noted, they are accumulated when enough other posters like a person's posts using the like/dislike buttons (enough dislikes and you get a flame instead of a spork).

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    A spork is a half-spoon-half-fork. See the little pitchforks under some posters' name in posts? They don't really look like sporks, but it's become a nice shorthand for pitchforks.

As DBA noted, they are accumulated when enough other posters like a person's posts using the like/dislike buttons (enough dislikes and you get a flame instead of a spork).
    thanks, all for the info.

Top-10 recruit, combo guard RJ Hampton to announce his final 5 on Thursday, per numerous sources. Duke is very involved in his recruitment.

Crystal Ball, if that's what you're into, has him projected (62% of predictions) to Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    Top-10 recruit, combo guard RJ Hampton to announce his final 5 on Thursday, per numerous sources. Duke is very involved in his recruitment.

Crystal Ball, if that's what you're into, has him projected (62% of predictions) to Duke.
    Seems like the expectation is that he will be down to Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, Memphis, and Texas with Arizona as a dark horse. By trimming his list down now, it seems like he is keeping his options to reclassify open.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    No. Just no. Doesn't deserve sporks. No way.

Maybe if he sported a different look. Not the hipster beard. Maybe the 2-3 day growth sort could work, but this?

Just no.

To give one out, click here:

spork.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post

Maybe if he sported a different look. Not the hipster beard. Maybe the 2-3 day growth sort could work, but this?

Just no.
    What about old man Grayson?

manuaryme (1).jpg
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Of course I can't spork you either. In Asheville, his eyes would be just a touch bloodshot too. Must be that dry mountain air.

thanks, all for the info.
    It is a quick and easy way to determine which posters are worth listening to.

/sarcasm, sorta

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post

Just no.
    Well, my suggestion on the theory of the Ted Cruz doppleganger syndrome would only work with a similar beard (if at all) ...
    BTW, what is this thread about?

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    What about old man Grayson?

manuaryme (1).jpg
    Uncle Grayson?

Gray-beard?

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

On the Recruiting Trail

Busy day yesterday for the coaching staff. I saw some reports that Duke paid visits to numerous 2020 5-star recruits, including Brandon Boston and Walker Kessler. Both are from the Atlanta area.

I'm not sure which assistant it was, but one of the staff was in St. Louis, Missouri to check out another pair of talented players, 6'6" SF Cam'Ron Fletcher and 6'3" PG Caleb Love. The latter is considered one of the top 5 or so point guard recruits in the nation while the latter is in the top 10 among small forward prospects. Any chance St. Louis native Jayson Tatum could put in a good word for the Blue Devils? The latter bit of news from Jake Weingarten, a precious high schooler that is active developing a national reputation as a recruiting expert. He does a great job of getting the word out about which coaching staffs are visiting which recruits and when official visits are happening. He does not seem to have an inside ear as to which way the recruits are leaning, but I like his moxie.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Busy day yesterday for the coaching staff. I saw some reports that Duke paid visits to numerous 2020 5-star recruits, including Brandon Boston and Walker Kessler. Both are from the Atlanta area.

I'm not sure which assistant it was, but one of the staff was in St. Louis, Missouri to check out another pair of talented players, 6'6" SF Cam'Ron Fletcher and 6'3" PG Caleb Love. The latter is considered one of the top 5 or so point guard recruits in the nation while the latter is in the top 10 among small forward prospects. Any chance St. Louis native Jayson Tatum could put in a good word for the Blue Devils? The latter bit of news from Jake Weingarten, a precious high schooler that is active developing a national reputation as a recruiting expert. He does a great job of getting the word out about which coaching staffs are visiting which recruits and when official visits are happening. He does not seem to have an inside ear as to which way the recruits are leaning, but I like his moxie.
    Carrawell is from St. Louis, and it sounds like the level of prospect that a relatively new Duke assistant coach might be responsible for. So I'd bet he was the assistant who went there.

Also, sounds like Weingarten is a 5* but is he elite? Best recruiting reporter prospect since, dare I say, the legendary Dave Telep?
    "I don't like them when they are eating my azaleas or rhododendrons or pansies." - Coach K