Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Any insight as to why Jav didn’t spell Big Vern? Also, what happened to Hurt? 1-1?

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    Clemson played well. Duke did not play up to standard. It happens - especially on the road. The effort was there. The rest is fixable. Go Duke!

I hope that Klemnop doesn’t show up to brag again

Clemson played with great energy and had a good game plan, which they executed. Double Vernon, plug up driving lanes on defense while spreading us out and driving on offense. They also got good looks from outside and hit quite a few of those.

Vernon had a good game for us as did Tre, especially in the second half. Cassius was hampered toward the end with foul trouble and didn't have the freedom to do what he goes best taking it to the basket. Jack white picked his game up in the second half. We truly missed Wendell and even Joey since Hurt, AOC and Javin didn't give us much. Goldwire gave us defense.

You could point to missed free throws, easy layups we missed, lazy passes aand other turnovers and lack of a killer 3 point shooter. We got beat by the better team tonight. Nothing to be ashamed about but a dose of realism for us. Hope we recover as even a bigger test coming our way.

Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    Layups
    Free throws
    Defense
    Rebound

Pick one and we win.
    I’d add the energy and effort sure seemed lacking the entire first half.

I didn’t expect to go undefeated in conference.
    This would have been one of the road wins I’d hope for.

Jack White had a great game.

Quote Originally Posted by WVDUKEFAN View Post
    Any insight as to why Jav didn’t spell Big Vern? Also, what happened to Hurt? 1-1?
    Hurt honestly looked lost out there. He was slow and wandering. Makes me wonder if he is sick or something.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Game flow wise, this game really stunk to lose because Duke missed chances to take the lead sooner than they did and once they did, they missed chances to extend it a bit and gave it right back. Vern has some off nights and is not particularly great at guarding a forward out on the perimeter and it showed early. By the end of the game, though, he looked totally gassed and from about 5 minutes left to two minutes left, got caught standing on both ends of the court several times. And that’s actually not to knock him. Those moments are going to happen with a traditional big man. He doesn’t have a 40 minute a night motor and his minutes have been well managed, but I was shocked that he was left in the game coming out of the under four timeout and then after making some bad plays and picking up fouls I was even more surprised. I was at least expecting offense/defense subs. Not sure the rationale behind that one.

Stats wise, it was nice to be in the game at all despite the turnovers, bad defense, and missed layups and free throws. I guessed it was offset mostly by good three point shooting and Clemson missing their own free throws.

Coach K need to burn the purple tie

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Hurt honestly looked lost out there. He was slow and wandering. Makes me wonder if he is sick or something.
    A lot of sickness going around campus- that was my thought.

Clemson played well and deserved to win. Next game.

Hope no bad bruising for Tre.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderDevil View Post
    Have to think they might have been looking ahead to Louisville. Too many missed layups and FT to win on the road.
    Once the game starts, nobody is "looking ahead." They got beat.

Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    Layups
    Free throws
    Defense
    Rebound

Pick one and we win.
    Scrap free throws, that's essentially a wash, although mystifying that Tre cant hit them. 1st half D was lethargic: back doors, curls and wide open threes. AOC was a mess on D. Clemson was hitting over 60% in the half.

Overall Clemson hit 3 more shots and took one less. Duke on the other hand, really rushed a bunch of bunnies, but you cant let CLEMSON hit more than half their shots.

Perhaps Duke came in thinking they'd already won this one...

I knew Baker and Moore wouldn’t be playing tonight, but I didn’t realize several other guys would be taking the night off as well. Sleepwalking all night. No urgency.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddevil View Post
    Clemson played well. Duke did not play up to standard. It happens - especially on the road. The effort was there. The rest is fixable. Go Duke!
    I beg to differ.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    A lot of sickness going around campus- that was my thought.
    Ah yes, upholding the tradition of claiming the team is sick every time we lose. At least it’s predictable.

Let the team off the hook. This one is on me. As part of the pool from the degenerate thread, I’ve been having a lot of success by doing nothing. After sensing some dissatisfaction in my cheap strategy, I thought: “If you think that strategy is cheap, just wait until I place a max bet on a sure win.” I’ve been watching the lines, and this one screamed “easy fake internet money.”

It is the only game I wagered on all year. My hubris is responsible. And I’m 550 fake dollars down as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by WakeDevil View Post
    Once the game starts, nobody is "looking ahead." They got beat.
    Yep, Clemson did a great job spreading us out on D in the 1st half. Hurt and AOC struggle with that and we don’t have other good options with Moore on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
    Ah yes, upholding the tradition of claiming the team is sick every time we lose. At least it’s predictable.
    Hold on skippy...do people claim the team is sick every time we lose?????....or do some people speculate the team is sick when we look like we're dead on our feet????

I suspect the first is just rhetorical blather...while the second, more nuanced description, is actually what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    And be circumspect...
    My 8-year old niece runs into the room: "Did we win??"

"Afraid not, hun."

"Ugh. I can't believe they scored more points than us." *runs out of the room*

That pretty much sums it up.