Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Also, Boeheim is capable of morphing his zone* to pack it in at a comical level, which will force Zion to pass out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    I sure hope Zion doesn't pass out. Seeing him unconscious on the floor would raise our vigil thread to a whole new level.
    I wonder what Boeheim would morph the zone into to make Zion pass out?

Quote Originally Posted by NSDukeFan View Post
    I wonder what Boeheim would morph the zone into to make Zion pass out?
    Presumably some variation of Kryptonite.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Presumably some variation of Kryptonite.
    That would be Zionite.

Zion in. Battle out. Prediction: Marek Dolejaz does not attempt to take a charge on Zion again.

What do we think the starting lineup will be? My guess is

Tre
    AOC
    R.J.
    Cam
    Zion

AOC has averaged 18 points against Syracuse this year and is a nice option to keep the zone a little more spaced out than it otherwise might be. R.J. will be the guy at the top of the post and looking to drive, dump off, or turn and shoot. Zion along the backline, looking to dunk from the baseline off an alley-oop. Javin, Jack, and JGold off the bench, maybe a few minutes for Joey Baker if there is foul trouble or Duke builds a big lead.

One of the biggest things I'll be looking for is the defense. With Battle out and Zion back, will Duke be able to force turnovers and turn this into an up-and-down game?

Will Zion start or come off the bench? I’m guessing he comes in at an early dead ball situation, probably before the first timeout.

Javin

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    What do we think the starting lineup will be? My guess is

Tre
    AOC
    R.J.
    Cam
    Zion

AOC has averaged 18 points against Syracuse this year and is a nice option to keep the zone a little more spaced out than it otherwise might be. R.J. will be the guy at the top of the post and looking to drive, dump off, or turn and shoot. Zion along the backline, looking to dunk from the baseline off an alley-oop. Javin, Jack, and JGold off the bench, maybe a few minutes for Joey Baker if there is foul trouble or Duke builds a big lead.

One of the biggest things I'll be looking for is the defense. With Battle out and Zion back, will Duke be able to force turnovers and turn this into an up-and-down game?
    Javin starts, with AOC and Jack the first subs.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Will Zion start or come off the bench? I’m guessing he comes in at an early dead ball situation, probably before the first timeout.
    Nah, if he's playing he's starting (that doesn't mean he'll play his typical minutes, necessarily).

Quote Originally Posted by bigperm13 View Post
    Zion in. Battle out. Prediction: Marek Dolejaz does not attempt to take a charge on Zion again.
    as of a few minutes ago, there wasn't any confirmation from Syracuse that Battle is out...maybe Zags knows something others don't know, maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    as of a few minutes ago, there wasn't any confirmation from Syracuse that Battle is out...maybe Zags knows something others don't know, maybe not.
    I mean, he isn't officially ruled out but the word was 2-3 days away as of yesterday afternoon so it would certainly be a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I'm riding with Zags on this one. I also stand by my prediction. Could be wrong twice - yay! Maybe Battle will have a miracle lunch that turns him into Popeye after eating spinach.

Battle officially ruled out.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Battle officially ruled out.
    I'll take it. Hopefully he recovers nicely and we get a win.

From Bleacher Report:
    “For the people that think I should just stop playing in college...thanks, but no thanks.”
    My KING

Quote Originally Posted by bigperm13 View Post
    I do love his team-first mentality. He exchanges his life for a turnover. That's commitment.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Cuse will have a large “rooting” crowd tonight typical last game crowd following cheats game 😈😈

Quote Originally Posted by tteettimes View Post
    Cuse will have a large “rooting” crowd tonight typical last game crowd following cheats game 😈😈
    Unless UNC loses, although I agree Syracuse will have extra support

Y'all won't have much trouble with a Battle-less Cuse team. I am similarly unconcerned about our matchup with VT, though rivalry games can always be weird.

Looking forward to a rematch with a full (or nearly full) strength Duke squad in the finals - Carolina will give you a test, but they can't contain Zion.

Quote Originally Posted by W&LHoo View Post
    Y'all won't have much trouble with a Battle-less Cuse team. I am similarly unconcerned about our matchup with VT, though rivalry games can always be weird.

Looking forward to a rematch with a full (or nearly full) strength Duke squad in the finals - Carolina will give you a test, but they can't contain Zion.
    Well, we will definitely not be at, or even close to, full strength this weekend. Bolden isn’t a major scoring threat, but it would be sort of like you guys playing without Diakite or Salt. He is important, even though he is a role player.

DBR Chat is open!

If it gets a bit slow, refresh the page. If you're on a mobile device, you'll need to select "Blue" at the bottom.

As always - please follow the DBR Posting Guidelines.

Let's Go Duke!

-jk