Page 1987 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 98714871887193719771985198619871988198919972037208724872987 ... LastLast
Results 39,721 to 39,740 of 67390
    How hard does everyone work? Really...? Average hours of actual work work a week, not “at work”.

I’ve been very happy that I’ve not pursued paths (management consultant, doctor) of my close friends who legit work 60-80 hour weeks most weeks, sometimes more.

I’ve had weeks like that but they’re the exception.

Where is the DBR time in a schedule like that?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    just getting warmed up...had to respond to a bunch of emails about our neighbors' killer dog, it's getting beyond ugly.

Now ready to take on the important issues of the day...
    You mentioned this previously. I'm quite divided. If a neighbor had a dog that I felt was a danger to me, my family, or my animals, I would stop at nothing to get rid of it.

Conversely, if ANYONE tried to tell me what to do with my dog, I'd be, well, disinclined to listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    You mentioned this previously. I'm quite divided. If a neighbor had a dog that I felt was a danger to me, my family, or my animals, I would stop at nothing to get rid of it.

Conversely, if ANYONE tried to tell me what to do with my dog, I'd be, well, disinclined to listen.
    I can relate to that position. The deal with this guy is that he's been irresponsible for 20+ years, rules aren't for him, be they dog rules, zoning rules, fire (burning) rules, he just does what he wants...

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post

I would guess (and be about 99.5% sure of this) that, if you received complaints about your dog's aggressive behavior/running rampant through the neighborhood, you would step up the obedience training for your dog to get the bad behavior under control. Of course, you probably wouldn't have to receive any complaints - you would already be working on these issues, if they existed.

I can relate to that position. The deal with this guy is that he's been irresponsible for 20+ years, rules aren't for him, be they dog rules, zoning rules, fire (burning) rules, he just does what he wants...
    It helps when their are clear laws. Where I am, the law is a dog must be under “reasonable control”, unless local ordinance requires leashes.

But, yeah, some folks just can’t be bothered with anything —- sometimes it comes back to bite you.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    It helps when their are clear laws. Where I am, the law is a dog must be under “reasonable control”, unless local ordinance requires leashes.

But, yeah, some folks just can’t be bothered with anything —- sometimes it comes back to bite you.
    we've got clear rules and ordinances, he just doesn't follow them. I'm sharing my 20+ years of notes and warning letters from the town (to him) with the aggrieved party in this...we're too small of a town to have a police force, so the Selectboard (three members, unpaid) bumble along as best they can...not a crisp way to handle serious problems, I can assure you.

There are 10 other dogs on this small road (there were 11 until one got killed by the Akita) and not one EVER poses a problem.. Nitwit owner plus known aggressive breed equals bad situations..

Random post about nothing

How do you post a gif? To make it actually move and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    How do you post a gif? To make it actually move and whatnot.

I've been wondering also. I think you can just insert the image using a link and make sure that retrieve remote file and reference locally is not checked.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post

I've been wondering also. I think you can just insert the image using a link and make sure that retrieve remote file and reference locally is not checked.
    Make sure to insert it from a URL. I used giphy for both of these.

we've got clear rules and ordinances, he just doesn't follow them.

I'm running into this issue with Alaska. The person interpreting them is not fully understanding what was written but I don't want to go through the legal/court remedy.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post

This is the key trick.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    This is the key trick.
    Thanks!
    Yeah, I feel this opens up a whole new world of postable stuff beyond YouTube videos.

I used to see Andre The Giant regularly in the Montreal subway...he had a way of sticking out...the term "giant" may be overused, but not in his case, he was absolutely enormous.

I used to see Andre The Giant regularly in the Montreal subway...he had a way of sticking out...the term "giant" may be overused, but not in his case, he was absolutely enormous.
    The various stories of what he could/had to do on account of his physical stature are astounding.

His ashes were sprinkled over his farmland near Ellerbe, NC in Richmond County.

Fried soft shell crabs tonight. Yum yum.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    His ashes were sprinkled over his farmland near Ellerbe, NC in Richmond County.
    I saw that! Montreal and Ellerbe two of his favorite places, that's pretty interesting...

Regarding some of his capabilities, there are various reports that he could (and did) drink 119 beers in six hours...(I can think of several downsides to that).

I saw that! Montreal and Ellerbe two of his favorite places, that's pretty interesting...

Regarding some of his capabilities, there are various reports that he could (and did) drink 119 beers in six hours...(I can think of several downsides to that).
    There’s an article out there specifically about his drinking exploits that defies belief.

these were my azaleas this year. They are shriveling from the heat now.

IMG_0474.jpgIMG_0475.jpg