Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34351525354 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1061
    Last week, Mrs. Neals gave me my birthday present...she got the jab.

Curious question - anyone on the board still waiting for the vaccine? Or is anyone who was inclined all jabbed up?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Curious question - anyone on the board still waiting for the vaccine? Or is anyone who was inclined all jabbed up?
    Great question. I was wondering the same thing. I live in a pretty pro-vaccination world so everyone I know wanted to get it ASAP. I know a few people who might be wrapping up their second shot but that's about it. Given the age of my friends and their kids, I know a lot of 12-15 year olds who are rushing to get them now, and they were generally able to get appointments very quickly.

But I don't know any adults who are waiting. It seems like there is plenty of availability most places. So once we get through this new wave, I think it is going to be largely picking up stragglers and trying to convince people, which will get increasingly difficult as the most convincable are picked off.

As of yesterday, the number of adults getting the vaccine was still going up per the CDC. So it does appear that in SOME places folks that wanted it are still waiting to get it all. And there is still quite a gap between those who have gotten any jab and those who have been fully vaccinated, meaning there are still a bunch of adults who wanted to get it but haven't had a chance to get the second dose.

But yeah, I think we're getting close to the point where all of the adults who plan to get a shot have gotten at least one shot. The daily gains in newly vaccinated adults are getting pretty small.

Funny you should ask. There was a front-page article in the local paper this week about vaccination rates in our Florida counties being closely tied to political persuasion. So I don't go all PPB, you'll just have to guess. Though here's a hint: our governor got jabbed and didn't tell anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Funny you should ask. There was a front-page article in the local paper this week about vaccination rates in our Florida counties being closely tied to political persuasion. So I don't go all PPB, you'll just have to guess. Though here's a hint: our governor got jabbed and didn't tell anyone.
    There was a recent piece that actually education level is more highly correlated to vaccine status than political party affiliation. Certainly, political party impacts it somewhat, but education level was a greater predictor.

My city is like 75% vaccinated. I know of only one person on my work team that didn't want to get vaccinated (although I don't ask everyone...), and she finally had her daughter convince her and she got dose 1 today.

As for me, given this used to be a thread of "how did it go?", I was crushed by dose 2 for the day after (chills, fever, headache, sore arm -- basically felt like the flu), but felt fine the following day. Dose 1 felt basically nothing except for sore arm for me.

Anyone know of a good article or study validating the safety of the mRNA vaccines in general? Trying to help a skeptic at least become educated. And sad as it is to say, a source like Dr. Fauci or the CDC is not likely to be well received in this case. I keep searching but having a hard time finding something that is reasonably easy to digest and reasonably free of political bias. Thanks for any ideas.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Another ‘funny you should ask” reply - I just received an email an hour ago from a vaccine reluctant friend - he got his shot today. Seems that a combination of convenience (offering it at his drugstore) and peer pressure from the wife pushed him to do it.

if they could embed an oral version in donuts, we'd have this problem literally licked.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    if they could embed an oral version in donuts, we'd have this problem literally licked.
    Chomping at the bit. This donut is just too... something.

covid-donut.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post

covid-donut.jpg
    Phallic? Will this be deleted?

covid-donut.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Phallic? Will this be deleted?
    Can't tell if you're serious so here's a hint

CoronavirusBall_red_CDChighrez.jpg
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Can't tell if you're serious so here's a hint

CoronavirusBall_red_CDChighrez.jpg
    Still looks more forest-floor-fungus than COVoid to me? (Yeah, I just make that word up.)

covid-donut.jpg
    that is sinister looking.

I get moderna 2 Thursday and they’ve given my pregnant wife the green light so she’s scheduled for her first in a week.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/krisp...040142794.html

getting down to brass tacks...getting vaccinated may not be what you want, but here's a donut to change your mind. We all have our price.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/krisp...040142794.html

getting down to brass tacks...getting vaccinated may not be what you want, but here's a donut to change your mind. We all have our price.
    Sometimes you just need a donut.

Life imitates art

and right on schedule, President Joe announces we get Budweisers if we get enough folks vaccinated...gotta get Homer jabbed somehow...

Second vaccine is drive thru. They made me wait 30 minutes after the first one and they don’t care if I drive immediately following the second?