Page 1610 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 6101110151015601600160816091610161116121620166017102110 ... LastLast
Results 32,181 to 32,200 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

#Bil - another family tree exclusive from Hardywood.

“We take our classic Barleywine and boil it for four hours on the kettle to caramelize malt sugars into a rich malt with dark fruit aroma and flavor. We then age it in Basil Hayden Bourbon barrels for 16 months to provide smooth barrel characteristics like oak and vanilla.” 12.5%.

It is well described. Malt, caramel, dark fruit, bourbon. I don’t get vanilla, but it is delicious. Cat3.

Before Hardywood I never had a Barleywine, not sure I haven’t had any but theirs, and only barrel aged. I’m a fan. From untapped -
    🔥🔥This is one of the reasons to be in the family tree

BTW - If you guys catch me asking "Who's ahead in the Polls?" I'm talking about Lennon/McCartney, not that other one.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    In the Fall of Our Truth - Burial - 7.5 % - Triple-Dry Hopped DIPA with hand-select Citra, Azacca, Centennial, and Galaxy. Finished with Centennial Cryo.

how's that for your west coast - NE hybrid?

It's not as good as it should be. Typical Burial pineapple juice pour. Tropical and dank aroma. Good medium feel. Grassy, citrus, lemon, sugar, and some mild bitterness. Very solid, just not as good as the Commonwealth or some of Burial's others. (That's about all I can compare Burial fairly with they're so good).

High Cat 2
    Fig. 12 In the Fall of Our Truth-Burial Beer Company

Local? Yep.

Credit-another RJ199/beergoddess team effort; thanks!!
    Style-IPA
    Format-aluminum pint cylinder
    Freshness stats-18AUG2020 Fall Weather
    Stemware-Stella snifter again!!
    Appearance-white grapefruit/pineapple juice; persistent, foamy, off white foam
    Nose-grapefruit/pineapple
    Mouthfeel-pithy
    Tastes-grapefruit juice and rind, pineapple, lemon, dank, hint of sweetness
    IBU-probably near 60
    Ymm, Beer rating-I'm with RJ on this one as it's very, very good and I'd readily drink another, but Burial and Commonwealth have brewed better; high cat 2
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    BTW - If you guys catch me asking "Who's ahead in the Polls?" I'm talking about Lennon/McCartney, not that other one.
    So, not college football. Got it.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Foothills Oktoberfest is as good as ever.

I also knew it wouldn't be a Duke-VT question .

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Old news-time for pumpkin beers!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I also knew it wouldn't be a Duke-VT question .
    Duke shirt and VT hat tomorrow? Probably. I always like to keep 'em guessing.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Duke shirt and VT hat tomorrow? Probably. I always like to keep 'em guessing.
    That's really a good combination. Some folks in NC have "house divided" license plates/hats/shirts with NCSU/the cheats and even less with Duke/NCSU or Duke/the cheats. I'm gonna guess there aren't many with a similar theme in VA with VT/UVa on them .

That's really a good combination. Some folks in NC have "house divided" license plates/hats/shirts with NCSU/the cheats and even less with Duke/NCSU or Duke/the cheats. I'm gonna guess there aren't many with a similar theme in VA with VT/UVa on them .
    I see lots of the VT/UVA stuff. Even in my extended family, we have parents who went to Tech/kids to UVA. My best friend got undergrad at Tech and PHD at UVA. You know, the usual.

Having an old standby tonight - Victory Sour Monkey. STill good, still 9.5%.

Sycamore Pumpkin Latte Blonde purchased today. Not consumed yet, though.

Chilling by the firepit with a cigar and Clawhammer Oktoberfest from Asheville's Highland brewing. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Chilling by the firepit with a cigar and Clawhammer Oktoberfest from Asheville's Highland brewing. Good times.
    Clawhammer is terrific. And cigars are my guilty pleasure (which Mrs. Tripping hates). I’m jealous.

Clawhammer is terrific. And cigars are my guilty pleasure (which Mrs. Tripping hates). I’m jealous.
    You don't have to be jealous. You can hate cigars too. Feels like Fall. I am a summer and heat lover...but there is something about sitting by the firepit. I never get tired of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    You don't have to be jealous. You can hate cigars too. Feels like Fall. I am a summer and heat lover...but there is something about sitting by the firepit. I never get tired of it.
    I can. But I don’t.

I can. But I don’t.
    Oh. Now I get it.

Pumpkin beers aren't my thing, but I'll happily take those passé festbiers off your hands...

Quote Originally Posted by LegoBatman View Post
    Pumpkin beers aren't my thing, but I'll happily take those passé festbiers off your hands...
    I'm with LegoBatman on this one. Kroger had the Hacker Pschorr on sale today for $9 a sixer and I really had to force myself not to. Knowing that I was getting some good beer tomorrow.

I'm with LegoBatman on this one. Kroger had the Hacker Pschorr on sale today for $9 a sixer and I really had to force myself not to. Knowing that I was getting some good beer tomorrow.
    In general I think I can make most socially distanced meetups in the Triad, Triangle and Charlotte areas. Just can't tomorrow.