Page 920 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 420820870910918919920921922930970102014201920 ... LastLast
Results 18,381 to 18,400 of 67390
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Retirement brings out the stadium/soccer/captains chair on our front lawn (where I can yell at the young'ins), a very loud 60s/70s classic rock mix, a Cuban cigar (maybe) and a double or triple (neat, of course) of a fine bourbon and/or Scotch TBD. It'll be an open invitation evening.
    I'll bring the 8-tracks. Traffic, Doobies, CSNY, Just Y, Allman's, Kansas, Santana, Steve Miller Band, Clapton, Heads, Clash, maybe some Floyd or Dead or Springsteen. Pass on the Cuban but double on the whiskey.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    OPK - I saw the Talking Heads (Stop Making Sense tour) in Carmichael Auditorium fall of my junior year at Duke. I won the tickets in a contest on WXDU. Should have taken you. The guy I took wasn't the most fun, but, he did have a car.
    I remember seeing the SMS movie at the Carolina Theatre in Durham when it was released (1986?). Not sure if we overlapped, I was at Duke Fall '84 - Spring '88.

Yes, you should have taken me. But I forgive you, because I have a magnanimous heart and a generous spirit.

jk and I went to high school together.

He doesn't remember me.
    I misplaced you! Not the same...

(I've always been horrible with names and faces/internet handles.)

-jk

Is anyone heading to Vegas for the UNLV game next month? Let me know. We should grab drinks.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    I misplaced you! Not the same...

(I've always been horrible with names and faces/internet handles.)

-jk
    Sure, that's your story . . . now.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    You and OPK really need to have Ymm, Bourbon and Ymm, Scotch threads...
    We've tried. We always seem to lose our way.

And for the record: I hate 95 north of DC - took daughter to visit Worcester ('scuse me "Wuster" or "Wustah") Poly today.

-jk

And yes, I deliberately posed that question in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I remember seeing the SMS movie at the Carolina Theatre in Durham when it was released (1986?). Not sure if we overlapped, I was at Duke Fall '84 - Spring '88.

Yes, you should have taken me. But I forgive you, because I have a magnanimous heart and a generous spirit.
    And you got to Duke a year too late. I was a senior when you were a freshman. Talking Heads was junior year.

Quote Originally Posted by sue71, esq View Post
    And yes, I deliberately posed that question in this thread.
    Awesome. Sadly, no, I am not going to Vegas next month.

And you got to Duke a year too late. I was a senior when you were a freshman. Talking Heads was junior year.
    I remember that the day I toured Duke as a high school kid was the day after Neil Young had played in Cameron. Sealed the deal for me. I had a bootleg of that show for years, sure I still have it somewhere although doubt I have a cassette player.

Hope you didn't haze me on an East-West bus or something. Hope I didn't spill a beer on you at he Down Under or at the bar/restaurant in the basement of Gilbert-Adams (forget the name).

I remember that the day I toured Duke as a high school kid was the day after Neil Young had played in Cameron. Sealed the deal for me. I had a bootleg of that show for years, sure I still have it somewhere although doubt I have a cassette player.

Hope you didn't haze me on an East-West bus or something. Hope I didn't spill a beer on you at he Down Under or at the bar/restaurant in the basement of Gilbert-Adams (forget the name).
    The Down Under WAS the bar/restaurant in the basement of Gilbert-Adams, also called the DU. I didn't go there much as a senior. Now, The Hideaway? Yeah, you might have spilled a beer on me there.

The Down Under WAS the bar/restaurant in the basement of Gilbert-Adams, also called the DU. I didn't go there much as a senior. Now, The Hideaway? Yeah, you might have spilled a beer on me there.
    The hideaway had the most awkward pool table. Half my shots needed the shorty.

-jk

The Down Under WAS the bar/restaurant in the basement of Gilbert-Adams. I didn't go there much as a senior. Now, The Hideaway? Yeah, you might have spilled a beer on me there.
    Correct, it's all a bit hazy. Didn't hang in the Slideaway too much; crowded and I don't shoot pool.

Freshman year I lived on North (Hanes), and tended to just hunker down up there or at the Phi Kap section on East. Back in my counter-culture days. (Now, just anti-culture or non-culture).

The hideaway had the most awkward pool table. Half my shots needed the shorty.

-jk
    Were you in BD's class?

We've tried. We always seem to lose our way.

And for the record: I hate 95 north of DC - took daughter to visit Worcester ('scuse me "Wuster" or "Wustah") Poly today.

-jk
    I recall it being known as Whippie back in the day. One of my Army buddies went there. His first duty station was Bahrain. He managed to piss off the officer responsible for LT duty assignments. He was an avid drinker of potent potables. Bahrain made him go through withdrawal.

Were you in BD's class?
    He was in my class in high school.

(It ain't bragging if you really done it) and I was the captain of the cheerleaders.

And he doesn't remember me. Sigh. (jk, -jk) Glory Days have passed me by.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I recall it being known as Whippie back in the day. One of my Army buddies went there. His first duty station was Bahrain. He managed to piss off the officer responsible for LT duty assignments. He was an avid drinker of potent potables. Bahrain made him go through withdrawal.
    Just WPI - did you hit up Clark and/or Holy Cross while you were there?

Just WPI - did you hit up Clark and/or Holy Cross while you were there?
    WPI, pronounced whippy, right? The virtual space bar on my tablet gets stuck sometimes. Strange. Nope, I didn't. He and I and a hundred others met at Fort Gordon, GA. The West Pointers were notorious for their binge drinking. I'm a bit surprised no one died during the six months of OBC.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    WPI, pronounced whippy, right?
    Have two friends who are alumni - they both spell it out - W P I. But maybe in Worcester they say whippy.

OPK, Mr. Residential Life per the 1986 Chanticleer:

IMG_0160.jpg

Still have that guitar.