Page 263 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 1632132532612622632642652733133637631263 ... LastLast
Results 5,241 to 5,260 of 67390
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Classic. Good call.

I'm toying with naming PuppyLavabe-to-be "Sue" if it's male. On the other hand, I don't like what happened to Sue's dad in that song. Hard to believe: Shel Silverstein wrote that one.

I guess I'll walk the line and go with the classic "Folsom Prison Blues."

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    My sister Sue had the nickname "A Boy Named Sue" for a while.

Shel Silverstein really gets around - he even knows where the sidewalk ends.

Thanks, Lavabe! I am the lucky winner! I hope my pay gets doubled.

eta: was I supposed to say ooop to your alley?

...ooops

We were going so fast that DiK didn't see my pass.

Oh well...

CONGRATS TO DiK on hitting the 5,000th LTE Post!

I'll tee up the 6,000 post.
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

Edit: Okay, so maybe DiK did catch the pass. WAY TO GO!!
    Last edited by Lavabe; 10-30-2008 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Just saw post#5001

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    My sister Sue had the nickname "A Boy Named Sue" for a while.

Shel Silverstein really gets around - he even knows where the sidewalk ends.
    Congrats to DiK on the milestone and congrats to the entire group of LTE PWs for making it swift and possible. Now it's back to work. I'll celebrate the 5th millenium with an ale tonight.

Yea DiK!!!

Congrats, DiK!

No one has posted in almost three hours. So am bumping this to the top.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    No one has posted in almost three hours. So am bumping this to the top.
    OK, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    OK, thanks.
    You're welcome!

Signing off to go home and work.

Wow, you guys have been busy... Congrats on #5000 to DiK! (P.S. #724 is Carlos Boozer).

In a futile attempt to catch up:

1. Wedding band only, sometimes removed for serious hoops or auto repair. Still have a Duke ring, but it doesn't fit any more. Maybe I'll take it in and see if they can resize it. No cufflinks, no watch. I usually have a cell phone in my pocket (AND I'm glad to see you ), or else find it otherwise impossible to get out of sight of a clock during the course of the day... No piercings, either.

2. I got hooked on Cash in the mid-90's when he started doing the American recordings with Rick Rubin. Then I started going backwards with the Folsom and San Quentin recordings, and I might have to add Orange Blossom Special to the collection - that looks like a great record. I have too many favorites to list, but "Hurt", "Why Me, Lord", "Folsom", and "Ring of Fire" immediately come to mind...

Another Cash song I really like is '25 Minutes'. It's among the best pieces of (literal) gallows humor I've ever heard, but he also has that trademark melancholy twinge. It's one of many offbeat numbers of his that are among my favorites.
    As for recordings, his VH1 Storytellers session with Willie Nelson is a near masterpiece.

Well I am back. In short, Chicago was terrible or I should say... GraphExpo was terrible. Attendance was way down so we probably drew a quarter of the leads from last year. That probably sounds worse than it is, because we've carved out a particular niche so most of our traffic is scheduled versus the typical riff raff that wander up to the booth and ask "What do you do?".

What really sucked was that we had some problems during setup so a couple of our crates were late getting into the warehouse. We sat around for four plus hours last night during tear down waiting for some mysteriously lost crates to never arrive. We should've been out of there by 7:00, in time for dinner with clients at Fogo de Chao by 8:00, but ended having a mediocre dinner around 10:00 instead. I wasn't amused.

But I didn't manage to fashion a sweet basketball goal out of some garbage and tape. We played HORSE. I lost.

I'm glad I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavlaw View Post
    Aww man, nobody wants to hang with me when they come to Chicago. Either I was a loser to begin with, or this mod thing has made me into the Niedermayer of the DBR.

I guess it's not too early to start drinking.
    Cavlaw, I would've loved to hang out and meet a fellow a DBR'er. I just knew that I was booked solid the entire week and couldn't have committed to the show. Next year I can:
    A. Get you into the show as an 'employee'
    B. Get you into the show as a customer, ask you to purchase our hosted solution thereby justifying a killer dinner and rinks.
    C. Get you a work pass so you can play HORSE with us while we screwed over by the Teamsters.

Take your pick. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    Well I am back. In short, Chicago was terrible or I should say... GraphExpo was terrible. Attendance was way down so we probably drew a quarter of the leads from last year. That probably sounds worse than it is, because we've carved out a particular niche so most of our traffic is scheduled versus the typical riff raff that wander up to the booth and ask "What do you do?".

What really sucked was that we had some problems during setup so a couple of our crates were late getting into the warehouse. We sat around for four plus hours last night during tear down waiting for some mysteriously lost crates to never arrive. We should've been out of there by 7:00, in time for dinner with clients at Fogo de Chao by 8:00, but ended having a mediocre dinner around 10:00 instead. I wasn't amused.

But I didn't manage to fashion a sweet basketball goal out of some garbage and tape. We played HORSE. I lost.

I'm glad I'm back.

Welcome back. My brief foray into a higher post count than you in this thread will now be a thing of the past I'm sure. At least I can rest on my laurels - a totally lucky 5,000th post.

Cavlaw, I would've loved to hang out and meet a fellow a DBR'er. I just knew that I was booked solid the entire week and couldn't have committed to the show. Next year I can:
    A. Get you into the show as an 'employee'
    B. Get you into the show as a customer, ask you to purchase our hosted solution thereby justifying a killer dinner and rinks.
    C. Get you a work pass so you can play HORSE with us while we screwed over by the Teamsters.

Take your pick. :-)
    You can get drunk on the deck with me and then crash on my couch if there's ever a show in Atlanta. EarlJam enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Welcome back. My brief foray into a higher post count than you in this thread will now be a thing of the past I'm sure. At least I can rest on my laurels - a totally lucky 5,000th post.
    Thank you, I really am glad to be back. A 5,000th post is indeed awesome! I have some catching up to do with Miss TillyGalore. This darn show really put a hurt on my daily average though I'm feeling like I could make up some ground pretty soon.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    You can get drunk on the deck with me and then crash on my couch if there's ever a show in Atlanta. EarlJam enjoyed it.
    Deal! And if there's ever a reason for you to be in LA or San Diego, you can get drunk with me and crash wherever we land! EarlJam would enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    Wow, you guys have been busy... Congrats on #5000 to DiK! (P.S. #724 is Carlos Boozer).

In a futile attempt to catch up:

1. Wedding band only, sometimes removed for serious hoops or auto repair. Still have a Duke ring, but it doesn't fit any more. Maybe I'll take it in and see if they can resize it. No cufflinks, no watch. I usually have a cell phone in my pocket (AND I'm glad to see you ), or else find it otherwise impossible to get out of sight of a clock during the course of the day... No piercings, either.

2. I got hooked on Cash in the mid-90's when he started doing the American recordings with Rick Rubin. Then I started going backwards with the Folsom and San Quentin recordings, and I might have to add Orange Blossom Special to the collection - that looks like a great record. I have too many favorites to list, but "Hurt", "Why Me, Lord", "Folsom", and "Ring of Fire" immediately come to mind...
    Thanks for letting me know who 724 was. Now to find the next level as I'm back to being a starter. At least I'm off the bench.

Thank you, I really am glad to be back. A 5,000th post is indeed awesome! I have some catching up to do with Miss TillyGalore. This darn show really put a hurt on my daily average though I'm feeling like I could make up some ground pretty soon.
    I'm heading for handbell practice so I expect you to have passed my post count in this thread by the time I get back. Maybe I can shoot for ArkieDukie.