Page 224 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 1241742142222232242252262342743247241224 ... LastLast
Results 4,461 to 4,480 of 67416
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    You're right! I wound up beating Tilly by a gi-normous 10 pts.
    A win is a win is win...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Quoting yourself and up to a 35 post lead...you've lulled me into a stupor to leave me in the dust.
    Only to mention the PPB/3 board event yesterday and the fact that I rarely venture over there.

You're right! I wound up beating Tilly by a gi-normous 10 pts.
    Why do I suddenly feel a bull's eye on my back?

That race was unbelievable. I couldn't believe how many contenders were wiped out. Hope Denny Hamlin is okay, haven't heard whether or not he's been released from the hospital.

I will be posting here longer than I thought...looks like I'm going to have to push out my retirement a few years.

lte

I will be posting here longer than I thought...looks like I'm going to have to push out my retirement a few years.
    You're young. After the last several weeks, it appears I'll be working until I'm 75 (or more).

Not as young as I used to be...

Not as young as I used to be...
    Newsflash, none of us are.

Herores question (spoilers)

Sorry for beating a dead horse, as I know some have given up on this show already.

Can someone who saw last night's episode explain to me why Peter "needs" Sylar's power? Doesn't Peter have the ability to absorb anyone's power just by getting close to them? Why then does he have to cut off their heads to do it now? And since when can he die since he hung around Claire? Maybe you can explain it that he'll stay dead as long as the Haitian stays around.

Oh, and Nikki/Jessica/new VP lady are triplets, but the third triplet was named Barbara? WTF?

Rest of the episode was OK, but the fact that everyone is a Petrelli and no one stays dead is getting old. Parkman's storyline is beyond lame. His girlfriend runs all the way from California to NY, only to die in his arms. Nice.

<Insert Jason Evans rant on how nonsensical Herores plot is below>
    "There can BE only one."

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Newsflash, none of us are.
    Speak for yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Speak for yourself!
    How are you defying mother nature and getting younger instead of older? Inquiring minds HAVE TO KNOW.

How are you defying mother nature and getting younger instead of older? Inquiring minds HAVE TO KNOW.
    I've gotten better at lying about my age. Of course, for a while, I had the kids I worked with at church lying about my age, so that helped. (Of course, I'm probably going to H E double hockey sticks for that. Acting younger than you are helps too. Since I act like a 3 year old at times, once you average that with my chronological age, it makes me much younger.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Sorry for beating a dead horse, as I know some have given up on this show already.

Can someone who saw last night's episode explain to me why Peter "needs" Sylar's power? Doesn't Peter have the ability to absorb anyone's power just by getting close to them? Why then does he have to cut off their heads to do it now? And since when can he die since he hung around Claire? Maybe you can explain it that he'll stay dead as long as the Haitian stays around.

Oh, and Nikki/Jessica/new VP lady are triplets, but the third triplet was named Barbara? WTF?

Rest of the episode was OK, but the fact that everyone is a Petrelli and no one stays dead is getting old. Parkman's storyline is beyond lame. His girlfriend runs all the way from California to NY, only to die in his arms. Nice.

<Insert Jason Evans rant on how nonsensical Herores plot is below>
    Wish I could answer any of your questions but I was confused by most of the episode last night. I'm about to jump ship. I think they have made a huge mistake including time travel as a power (along with immortality). How could they possibly have any future seasons with the way they are currently jumping back and forth into the future? I know there was a bit of this in the first 2 seasons but now it has gone overboard.

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Ymo even lured me over to the PPB (there, I said it and I don't feel dirty any more)
    Well you should.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I've gotten better at lying about my age. Of course, for a while, I had the kids I worked with at church lying about my age, so that helped. (Of course, I'm probably going to H E double hockey sticks for that. Acting younger than you are helps too. Since I act like a 3 year old at times, once you average that with my chronological age, it makes me much younger.
    I suspect you're lying the wrong way. You need to lie up. For example, if you said you were about 5 years older than you are, people will say "wow! You look great for (DIK's real age + 5)!" Course, for me, not having a husband or kids already makes me look great for my age (40). Or so I'm told. Maybe everyone is lying to me. I hope not, that would make me very sad.

The fact sadly remains though, our bodies are still aging.

Red face Exercise in poor etiquette

I suspect you're lying the wrong way. You need to lie up. For example, if you said you were about 5 years older than you are, people will say "wow! You look great for (DIK's real age + 5)!" Course, for me, not having a husband or kids already makes me look great for my age (40). Or so I'm told. Maybe everyone is lying to me. I hope not, that would make me very sad.

So when I see you at Brunchgate, my first greeting should be:
    Hello Tilly! Wow! You look great for 45!

I would expect you to slap me for a line like that.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Actually, I really don't mind telling people how old I am. Sometimes they believe and sometimes they don't. And you are right, our bodies do tell us that we are getting older. A few months before my 40th, I had to admit I was getting older - by the middle of my 3rd soccer game that night, my quads were tightening up something fierce. I guess I better get cracking so I can have the same thing happen as I get closer to the big 50 - which is creeping up to the horizon. I would rather get a year older than not.

So when I see you at Brunchgate, my first greeting should be:
    Hello Tilly! Wow! You look great for 45!

I would expect you to slap me for a line like that.

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Well, I do look great for 45!!! Shoot, I look even better for 50!

Someone stop me, my lying is getting out of control.

Can we please stop all this talk of getting older? Its starting to get depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by colchar View Post
    Can we please stop all this talk of getting older? Its starting to get depressing.
    Would you prefer to alternative to getting older? Now that's depressing.

Would you prefer to alternative to getting older? Now that's depressing.
    No, I definitely wouldn't prefer the alternative...but I still don't want to talk about getting older as I'm fighting it every step of the way!

Also, I just noticed that this is my 2,000th post (I'd hate to see my totals if the numbers from the old boards were included!) and I think it is rather appropriate that I hit that milestone in this particular thread.