Page 215 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 1151652052132142152162172252653157151215 ... LastLast
Results 4,281 to 4,300 of 67404

Well stated

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    Unless you fry the batter/dough, it's a cake/muffin/bread/whatever. Donuts must be fried. I can think of maybe a dozen or more times where I would've A) enjoyed a donut with my beer or,
    B) enjoyed a beer with my donut.

College was rough.
    Yes, absolutely what he said!

The sugar and gluten content issues are important considerations, but I definitely think a pumpkin ale from Schlafly would be PERFECT with the right donut. The ale might also go well with pecan waffles.

Will try it tonight.

See my weight go up overnight.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

lte

Unless you fry the batter/dough, it's a cake/muffin/bread/whatever. Donuts must be fried. I can think of maybe a dozen or more times where I would've A) enjoyed a donut with my beer or,
    B) enjoyed a beer with my donut.

College was rough.
    Are all the DD, KK, Entenmann, Daylight, (fill in you regional donut maker here) products fried then? "Cuz if they are not, then are many of the donut products on the shelves of your favorite store really not donuts, but are really cakes instead?

lte

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post

The sugar and gluten content issues are important considerations, but I definitely think a pumpkin ale from Schlafly would be PERFECT with the right donut. The ale might also go well with pecan waffles.

Will try it tonight.

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    OMG, I can just see/hear holidays at the Lavabe's now:

ILJ: what would you like for breakfast this fine Thanksgiving AM?
    L: why I think some apple cider donuts would be great, unless you are cooking up some pecan waffles.
    ILJ: I just happened to deep fry the donuts up last PM and you may have one of those while I prepare the waffle batter.
    L: wonderful
    ILJ: can I get you a glass of juice and/or milk with your breakfast, dear?
    L: no, thanks, I already have my ale glass prepared and I believe I'll have a Schlafly's with the donut and then an Abita Pecan ale with the waffles.
    ILJ: (no response as she is unconscious on the kitchen floor)
    L: was it something I said, dear?
    ILJ: (still no response, but conscious now)
    L: well...
    ILJ: (leaving the room and mumbling semi-coherently), I'll kill him, next time I see devildeac, I am really gonna kill him...

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Are all the DD, KK, Entenmann, Daylight, (fill in you regional donut maker here) products fried then? "Cuz if they are not, then are many of the donut products on the shelves of your favorite store really not donuts, but are really cakes instead?
    Perhaps not "all" of the products, Entenmann's definitely offers baked goods in addition to, what they claim are, donuts. I would argue that if a product were advertised as a donut, but it was not fried, then it's really not a donut. Then again, Kraft makes this stuff called Macaroni and Cheese but I'm not really sure about the cheese content.

Shocking News

For the record: The customer is not always right.

There, I feel better.

lte

Will try it tonight.

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Tonight? Beer and donut/s for dinner? Dessert? Late night snack?

Waffles and donuts for dinner? Dessert? Late night snack?

lte

Perhaps not "all" of the products, Entenmann's definitely offers baked goods in addition to, what they claim are, donuts. I would argue that if a product were advertised as a donut, but it was not fried, then it's really not a donut. Then again, Kraft makes this stuff called Macaroni and Cheese but I'm not really sure about the cheese content.
    Perhaps cheese (product)?

Talking Quote Impossible, devildeac

OMG, I can just see/hear holidays at the Lavabe's now:

ILJ: what would you like for breakfast this fine Thanksgiving AM?
    Problem #1: This line would NEVER come out of ILJ's mouth: 1) I do the cooking; 2) I do the food shopping; and 3) I ALWAYS wake up before she does, and I usually head over to the kitchen immediately upon waking.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

lte

Problem #1: This line would NEVER come out of ILJ's mouth: 1) I do the cooking; 2) I do the food shopping; and 3) I ALWAYS wake up before she does, and I usually head over to the kitchen immediately upon waking.

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    In that scenario then, I might wager that if she headed to the kitchen and saw you quaffing an ale with your donut and then followed it with a pecan beer (there really is such a brew) to accompany your waffle, the end result/s might still come to fruition and she would either pass out and/or threaten a relative with bodily harm.

she would either pass out and/or threaten a relative with bodily harm.
    I'm guessing you and Mrs. devildeac intend to be hundreds of miles away.

lte

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    I'm guessing you and Mrs. devildeac intend to be hundreds of miles away.
    If I find out beer and donuts or waffles and beer are for breakfast (or dinner), then yes, we will be hundreds of miles away. Probably about 500 miles (+/- 5 miles) away. Oh wait, we already are...

devildeac has been busy fleeing and posting...

lte

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    devildeac has been busy fleeing and posting...
    I'm done for the night. You're on for the next several hours. Suggested topics: Braves, brunchgate, NASCAR, marathons, beers, recipes. You've got plenty of material...

My material has been running thin for a while now. I've had flirtations with the PPB lately .

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    My material has been running thin for a while now. I've had flirtations with the PPB lately .
    Don't go there ... instead, why don't you tell us more about Vandy football?

Amongst others, rthomas, allenmurray, mph, and UVAAmbassador have been holding down the fort with the PPB election coverage of late. They're A LOT more entertaining than are the TV commentators. Who's representing the DBR at the debate?

EGADS! The PPB is entertaining!

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Lamb-eating sea eagles

Lamb-eating sea eagles upset Scottish farmers

I would be upset if a sea eagle ate my lamb. But I don't have a lamb. So I vote for the sea eagles.

Those things are huge: 8 foot wingspan and 18 lbs (the sea eagle, not the lamb).

Don't go there ... instead, why don't you tell us more about Vandy football?

Amongst others, rthomas, allenmurray, mph, and UVAAmbassador have been holding down the fort with the PPB election coverage of late. They're A LOT more entertaining than are the TV commentators. Who's representing the DBR at the debate?

EGADS! The PPB is entertaining!

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    The PPB is entertaining - sometimes I feel like I'm watching a couple of kids having an "Are, too - Am not" fight.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    a couple of kids having an "Are, too - Am not" fight.
    I've gotten into some of those...

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    For the record: The customer is not always right.
    Yes I am.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Yes I am.
    No, you're not...