Page 2901 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 1901240128012851289128992900290129022903291129513001 ... LastLast
Results 58,001 to 58,020 of 67389
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I have felt this way about IPAs for about 4 years now.
    Not a fan of IPAs, either. I have to agree with my brother who once described the taste of an IPA as when you throw up again and again and again until you cannot possibly throw up any more, until you do. THAT is what an IPA tastes like. Except, he actually LIKES IPAs, so go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Not a fan of IPAs, either. I have to agree with my brother who once described the taste of an IPA as when you throw up again and again and again until you cannot possibly throw up any more, until you do. THAT is what an IPA tastes like. Except, he actually LIKES IPAs, so go figure.
    I liked them for about 5 years. Will still drink one. But damn. It's all anyone has. Annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Not I. Never been a fan. Would rather lick a pine tree.
    This is the way. We can roost in the same tree!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I am allergic to juniper trees along with almost all evergreens. Consequently, I do not drink gin. On the rare times that I have drunk gin, I've felt like I have actually licked a pine tree, and that's before the sneezing begins. I have hay fever, of course, but I'm allergic to the sap and the berries from evergreens too. If I touch a maple leaf and then my eyes without washing my hands, I'm OK. If I get any sap on my hands from a conifer and then touch my eyes the result is not pretty.

My mixed drink of choice is a Cape Codder.

I have absolutely no discriminating taste or knowledge of beer. I like what I like and I don’t like what I don’t like and having a brewmasters understanding of hops and carbonation and fermentation, is not going to change that. A lot of wasted brain power in my opinion to produce a product that at its best taste like horse piss. That stated there are times when I really crave a nice light bottle of horse piss. Yes mass-produced which is why I like it not surprisingly but still someone has to drink that crap. As long as it comes in a green bottle Heineken being my preference then I will drink it. If Maalox came in a green bottle I’d probably drink that.
    Last edited by CameronBlue; 01-15-2023 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    I have absolutely no discriminating taste or knowledge of beer. I like what I like and I don’t like what I don’t like and having a brewmasters understanding of hops and carbonation and fermentation, is not going to change that. A lot of wasted brain power in my opinion to produce a product that at its best taste like horse piss. That stated there are times when I really crave a nice light beer. Yes mass-produced which is why I like it not surprisingly but still someone has to drink that crap. As long as it comes in a green bottle Heineken being my preference then I will drink it. If Maalox came in a green bottle I’d probably drink that.
    I tend to like the darker stuff like Porters, Browns and the darker German beers. I'm an absolute beer snob and won't drink the light stuff. This is not true if I eat Mexican food or Asian food. Then I like to drink some of the lighter Asian or Mexican beers. No lie, I bet it's been 15 to 20 years since I've had an American light lager.

I expected that kind of response honestly given this thread. No question that I haven’t put in the time or energy to truly understand beer. I do like beer but as I said primarily at specific times And almost always a light beer. The question I suppose is if I put in the effort to understand beer better would I find dark beer more palatable.

I expected that kind of response honestly given this thread. No question that I haven’t put in the time or energy to truly understand beer. I do like beer but as I said primarily at specific times And almost always a light beer
    This is the beauty of individual taste though, right? You have no responsibility to like the things anyone else likes. Or to dislike the things everyone else dislikes. Except turkey. Turkey is a useless meat.

Yeah turkey is a Spam of meats that’s for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by fidel View Post
    How does one make a famous Gin? Ingredients and method please.
    I’ll let Ryan Reynolds (owner of Aviation Gin) explain the process (language warning):

Yeah turkey is the Spam of meats that’s for sure.

Yeah turkey is a Spam of meats that’s for sure.
    Wow. New favorite poster.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I’ll let Ryan Reynolds (owner of Aviation Gin) explain the process (language warning):

This. Is. Genius.

Beers are an occasion drink. An all day beach day beer is different than a chilly evening in Belgium beer is different than a camping trip beer.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Beers are an occasion drink. An all day beach day beer is different than a chilly evening in Belgium beer is different than a camping trip beer.
    I can no longer all day drink. But agree with the sentiment. My "having more than 3" beers are Yuengling, Red Oak (NC beer) and Shiner Bock. That is as light as I can stomach except for the aforementioned food situations.

I can no longer all day drink. But agree with the sentiment. My "having more than 3" beers are Yuengling, Red Oak (NC beer) and Shiner Bock. That is as light as I can stomach except for the aforementioned food situations.
    Yuengling? Now you’re talking AC’s language. That was our hometown beer.

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    Yuengling? Now you’re talking AC’s language. That was our hometown beer.
    It is a good drinking beer. All of those are. I default to browns, porters and darker stuff for one or 2 at dinner. But for watching sports, camping, hanging out by the firepit consumption, I like these 3 and also Anchor Steam.

It is a good drinking beer. All of those are. I default to browns, porters and darker stuff for one or 2 at dinner. But for watching sports, camping, hanging out by the firepit consumption, I like these 3 and also Anchor Steam.
    Y'all are too fancy for me. If I'm in a marathon, it's tecate or one some other central american beer. They know how to build those brews for distance.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Since you asked! Until the early 1980s (when, by the way, there were a lot fewer gins around) I"d make a good, basic G&T using one of the premium gins available at the time, either Beefeater or Tanqueray, the latter being a bit more floral due to different botanicals...then there was that fateful day!

The Boston Globe (1982 or so) did a fun survey of a bunch of their writers (not just the food snots, everyone...sports guys, tv writers, local reporters, etc). They blind tested a bunch of gins, maybe 10 or so IIRC for several categories: on the rocks, in a martini, and in a gin and tonic.

The results for the rocks and martini categories were as one might expect, Beefeaters and Tanqueray were dominant. But in the coveted G&T category, the prodigious runaway winner was little known (to me and them) Booth's gin. They raved about the crispness. So, skeptically, I tried it. The skepticism only mounted when I found it to be very inexpensive. (To this day, you can get the big 1.75 liter bottle for $14 at the New Hamster liquor stores for example). Gotta bend down low, it's WAY down on the bottom shelf.

For some reason, it produces a marvelously crisp G&T, really quite remarkable. I wasn't trying to enjoy it, but I certainly did, and still do. And in the ensuing 40 years, I must have converted at least 20 friends to using Booth's. (I heartily agree with the Globe writers, it's not good on the rocks or in a martini, its chosen mission in life is to make a truly splendid G&T.

So to finalize the answer: Get a Big glass (I like the large insulated kind), and fill it to the top with ice cubes, add three ounces of Booth's gin (bonus: it's 90 proof!), and finish it off with your chosen tonic...ours is still Schweppes (good grief, not the diet kind) though some these days favor stuff like Fever Tree..whatever you like. Just don't use the cheap crappy stuff like Polar or store brand...

And of course you definitely don't want to skip on fresh squeezed lime, all drinks get a full quarter of a lime...(bartenders who skimp on the lime shall be condemned to venues with loud, bad music). I usually add the lime after the gin, then pour the tonic to finish things off, get the best lime penetration. Try it!

p.s. Booth's is available in NC in the larger stores...
    Always good to hear about a GnT that meets high expectations! I'll need to try Booth's.

My wife dislikes juniper-flavored gin (licking a Christmas tree), so we have been doing the floral gin's. A local place here in Columbus (Watershed) that makes a floral (four-peel) that is outstanding. We also get a gin from Castle and Key in Kentucky, also good but harder to find.

Heineken being my preference
    NSFW, just don't run into Dennis Hopper.