Page 2201 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 120117012101215121912199220022012202220322112251230127013201 ... LastLast
Results 44,001 to 44,020 of 67657
    Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Does anyone have experience in getting rid of a hornets nest in a tall tree? I have one that’s bigger than a basketball in the back yard about 50 feet up. At night they are attracted to our outdoor lights, and even bang against our windows if we leave indoor lights on. I’m afraid to let the dogs out at night, for fear of them (or me) getting stung.
    Take it to where they live:

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I've used this effectively. But fifty feet up is really high. Hrmmm...
    Yep. I’ve used this before, but they only spray about 25 feet. I’m not going to climb a ladder to get close enough. Nope. Not happening. Besides, I don’t want poison on the ground for my dogs to be walking through.

I’ve thought about getting a rope around the tree, bending the tree over, cutting the rope to catapult the nest into the neighbor’s pool. Maybe even while they’re swimming.

Yep. I’ve used this before, but they only spray about 25 feet. I’m not going to climb a ladder to get close enough. Nope. Not happening. Besides, I don’t want poison on the ground for my dogs to be walking through.

I’ve thought about getting a rope around the tree, bending the tree over, cutting the rope to catapult the nest into the neighbor’s pool. Maybe even while they’re swimming.
    Video this for evidence later. Also I'll send you my cell phone and I want to be on the call. I'll dial 9-1 and then hit the other 1 right as you start this process. But this is a plan. We can build on this.

I’m disappointed TB isn’t at least considering a flame throwing drone.

I think the OP lives near Atlanta, so my tip of hitting them when it's cool (night) may not be relevant...when I attack them here, I pick a cool night when they are all huddled up and lethargic...

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I’m disappointed TB isn’t at least considering a flame throwing drone.
    Lots of trees, bushes, and houses could catch fire. Probably would anger the neighbors worse than a hornets nest in their pool.

cutting down the tree and stomping them to death is also an option.

Lots of trees, bushes, and houses could catch fire. Probably would anger the neighbors worse than a hornets nest in their pool.
    Sounds to me like you’re not serious about getting rid of these hornets.

Sounds to me like you’re not serious about getting rid of these hornets.
    Honestly he is mailing this in.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Honestly he is mailing this in.
    Postage due! Out of stamps.

Have you ever watched short track speed skating relays? Imagine it but with bicycles in a velodrome and you have the Madison. Fifteen teams of two for 50 kilometers. Madness on fixed gear bicycles going 50-60 kmh.

Never changed a pool light before

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Have you ever watched short track speed skating relays? Imagine it but with bicycles in a velodrome and you have the Madison. Fifteen teams of two for 50 kilometers. Madness on fixed gear bicycles going 50-60 kmh.
    I'm 100% sure I would enjoy watching this.

The World Track & Field Championships are in Eugene, Oregon next summer. I suggested to the hubby that we go. He's thinking about it. Track & Field events are his favorite things to watch in the Olympics. I can't pick a favorite, but I love them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I'm 100% sure I would enjoy watching this.

The World Track & Field Championships are in Eugene, Oregon next summer. I suggested to the hubby that we go. He's thinking about it. Track & Field events are his favorite things to watch in the Olympics. I can't pick a favorite, but I love them too.
    Watching several days of track and field action at the 1976 Montreal Olympics was some of the very best sports viewing of my life. Sensationally fun time.

Might me heading on a last minute trip to the beach this week to spend some time with my oldest friend.

I honestly love about 20 to 25 different sports at the Olympics. The indoor bike racing is nuts and the short track speed skating comparison is the same one I've made. Both of those Sports make for an exceptionally compelling television.

Never changed a pool light before
    Don't read the directions. That's just one man's opinion. Figure it out.

That's a lot of pedaling.

Might me heading on a last minute trip to the beach this week to spend some time with my oldest friend.
    Get to driving!

Have fun!