Page 2149 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 114916492049209921392147214821492150215121592199224926493149 ... LastLast
Results 42,961 to 42,980 of 67381
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I was in my car(bought so I could drive to my summer employment at Magic Mountain theme park) when it started shuddering. ti thought the engine was about to explode. I was at a red light and hopped out. Turns out everything was shaking not just my car.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991...dre_earthquake
    My dad, as he likes to tell anyone who will listen, was sitting on the toilet when this happened.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    My dad, as he likes to tell anyone who will listen, was sitting on the toilet when this happened.
    I was sur la toilette myself back in the sixties during a huge Northeast blackout, I thought someone was funning with me by turning out the lights...inartful exit from the public bathroom ensued...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I was sur la toilette myself back in the sixties during a huge Northeast blackout, I thought someone was funning with me by turning out the lights...inartful exit from the public bathroom ensued...
    Glad you weren’t stranded for the duration of the blackout.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I feel bad. That was my anti-foot bias showing through. Ain't nobody want to see your feet.
    You're lucky I’m even wearing sandals. My base preference in life is to be barefoot, to the extent that if I put shoes on at home, my dog goes and gets in her crate, thinking I’m about to leave.
    I pretty much live in my Chacos in the summer, especially on our travels.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    You're lucky I’m even wearing sandals. My base preference in life is to be barefoot, to the extent that if I put shoes on at home, my dog goes and gets in her crate, thinking I’m about to leave.
    I pretty much live in my Chacos in the summer, especially on our travels.
    You and I would get along famously.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    You and I would get along famously.
    You and Wilson should prick your big toes and then push them together to become sandal blood brothers.

You and Wilson should prick your big toes and then push them together to become sandal blood brothers.
    We've already discussed what all we have in common. We are team delta.

Sunday evening. Blah.

Sunday evening. Blah.
    I am finishing up a fantastic sports day.

I am finishing up a fantastic sports day.
    You dunk in game?

You dunk in game?
    Ha! Watching sports day.

cocktail hour entertainment last night was the appearance of three adolescent foxes (nearly full sized) chasing each other around in circles for 45 minutes...highly entertaining for them and for us...riveting for our dog, too.

cocktail hour entertainment last night was the appearance of three adolescent foxes (nearly full sized) chasing each other around in circles for 45 minutes...highly entertaining for them and for us...riveting for our dog, too.
    That's cool. There are a couple un downtown Winston-Salem that we see on occasion when we are downtown at dusk.

That's cool. There are a couple un downtown Winston-Salem that we see on occasion when we are downtown at dusk.
    we have a den out back which is used by them some years...we've noted this year the total lack of squirrels in our neighborhood...

Nice! Kits are a lot of fun!

we have a den out back which is used by them some years...we've noted this year the total lack of squirrels in our neighborhood...
    Wow! I wanna get me some of those foxes! We do have them, but around my house, it's the coyote prints I tend to see. They are not eating the squirrels, apparently, b/c I still have tons of the furry little turds.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Wow! I wanna get me some of those foxes! We do have them, but around my house, it's the coyote prints I tend to see. They are not eating the squirrels, apparently, b/c I still have tons of the furry little turds.
    Foxes tend to avoid coyote territory if they can.

Foxes tend to avoid coyote territory if they can.
    Yep. My mom is two miles away. She has the foxes, we have the coyotes.

I want to move to the country where there are a lot of peaches.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Yep. My mom is two miles away. She has the foxes, we have the coyotes.
    yeah, that's all it takes...we see the occasional coyote, but by and large they are several miles away (easy to hear) and the foxes are local.