Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    What am I missing here? Do players get younger if they play instead of sitting out? No matter what -- if you play or if you sit out -- you're eligible for the draft if you're one year removed from high school.
    But you aren't showcasing skills and getting better if you sit out. Youth is valued because the younger you are, the more you can still improve, which you aren't doing from quarantine.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    But you aren't showcasing skills and getting better if you sit out. Youth is valued because the younger you are, the more you can still improve, which you aren't doing from quarantine.
    Okay, I can kind of see what you're saying, but I really don't think many players (any player?) are thinking about it in those terms. I think it's as simple as "players want to ball."

Michigan State game officially set for 7:30 ET on 12/1, broadcast on ESPN.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    Michigan State game officially set for 7:30 ET on 12/1, broadcast on ESPN.
    BTW, as part of the deal to play this game at Cameron this year, Duke has agreed to play at MSU next year. That game next year may or may not be part of the ACC-B1G Challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    BTW, as part of the deal to play this game at Cameron this year, Duke has agreed to play at MSU next year. That game next year may or may not be part of the ACC-B1G Challenge.
    Life, death, taxes, and Duke playing MSU.

TV Schedule

Where can I find the TV schedule? I'm trying to figure out if I need to give in and get an ACCN subscription. Its still not available on Comcast/Xfinity

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    Where can I find the TV schedule? I'm trying to figure out if I need to give in and get an ACCN subscription. Its still not available on Comcast/Xfinity
    https://goduke.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule

A whole lotta TBAs.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    Check out the goduke.com schedule: https://goduke.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule

A lot of the non-conference games will be on ACCN.

Originally, I was slightly disappointed in Duke’s weak non-conference schedule (except MSU & Illinois), and the fact that we aren’t playing more marquee matchups or in any of the tournaments. But the more cancellations that happen, and the more teams that withdraw from the tournaments, Duke is looking smarter and smarter imo; keeping all games we can at home where we can control the Covid situation as much as possible. I just hope the teams that come to Cameron are as closely monitored as our guys.

The ACC has released an updated composite schedule. It doesn't give the times of most games but, at least we have the dates. Also, this year's ACC Tournament has been moved to Greensboro. It certainly hasn't been announced but I can imagine the possibility of allowing fans who have already been vaccinated by then to attend. Ticketmaster has been working on a plan to handle this sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    Also, this year's ACC Tournament has been moved to Greensboro.
    Gary Williams is going to be so mad...

Bellarmine on target for Duke matchup 12/4

Jon Rothstein is reporting that Bellarmine is set to come out of quarantine on 12/1 and is on target to make their season debut at Duke on Dece,ber 4th as planned.

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/sta...05983850213381

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Gary Williams is going to be so mad...
    He might as well be in Alaska!
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Not sure when it was updated, but it appears that all of the Tuesday/Wednesday games on the schedule have been updated to either Tuesday or Wednesday on goduke.com...

Duke's opponent for Sunday, Elon, has announced it has gone on pause due to a positive case of COVID-19 among its Tier 1 personnel.

Elon was scheduled to play UNC on 12/12 as well, as well as to travel to Washington, DC to face Howard as part of the Duke MTE. I wonder if Howard can switch its game against Bellarmine to Tuesday and to come down to Durham to play Duke on Sunday instead.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Duke's opponent for Sunday, Elon, has announced it has gone on pause due to a positive case of COVID-19 among its Tier 1 personnel.

Elon was scheduled to play UNC on 12/12 as well, as well as to travel to Washington, DC to face Howard as part of the Duke MTE. I wonder if Howard can switch its game against Bellarmine to Tuesday and to come down to Durham to play Duke on Sunday instead.
    In normal times K has been disinclined to play his former players. Of course, these aren't normal times.

Makur Maker has been shut down due to injuries, so a matchup against Howard would lose some of its value. But still, we need all the court time we can get.