Page 1412 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 4129121312136214021410141114121413141414221462151219122412 ... LastLast
Results 28,221 to 28,240 of 67370
    Whopping excitement this morning! New water line was installed to the barn. Got to sit in the digger for a few seconds.

Yessiree, some country fun!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Whopping excitement this morning! New water line was installed to the barn. Got to sit in the digger for a few seconds.

Yessiree, some country fun!
    I always check prescriptions to see what they say about operating heavy equipment.

MLB Draft anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I’ve been a Joni Mitchell fan ever since I was four years old and they played “Help Me” all summer long (summer of ‘74) at the neighborhood swimming pool which I used to go to almost every day. Those are powerful memories for me and that song brings me back every time I hear it.

Thanks for posting ‘Big Yellow Taxi’, another great song of Joni’s.

Good morning! I didn’t “find” that song until later in life. But it does bring back memories from that era for me.

Ty Cobb stole home base an astonishing 54 times in his career, including 8 times in a single season (1912). The next closest was Max Carey with 33.

Just in case you want to work that into a conversation today.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Ty Cobb stole home base an astonishing 54 times in his career, including 8 times in a single season (1912)...

Just in case you want to work that into a conversation today.
    I was just thinking about that! It's always right in the front of this brain pan.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    I was just thinking about that! It's always right in the front of this brain pan.
    I'm also seeing some sources say that he "only" had 50. The first source I cited lists 50 with Detroit, and 4 with Philadelphia.

It is not an officially-counted statistic independent of generic "stolen bases" so perhaps there is some room for error.

Eleven players stole home twice in a single game, including Shoeless Joe Jackson and Honus Wagner. The most recent was Vic Power for Cleveland on August 14, 1958.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    It is not an officially-counted statistic independent of generic "stolen bases" so perhaps there is some room for error.
    Bad stats in baseball? Perish the thought!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Growing up in Durham, I spent a huge chunk of my life at South Square Mall. It broke my heart a little when it started going downhill. Someone posted some old photos of the inside on Facebook, and we were talking about how much the mall in Stranger Things looked like South Square. Obviously, the Duffer brothers used it as a model since that was where they grew up, but how they managed to find a mall in the Atlanta area that had the same railing is amazing. I really think it must have been the same builders.

Anyway, I live not far from Southpoint and have NEVER set foot in it. Was against it from the beginning and still am. I mourn the rolling pastures and 200-year-old oak trees that were once there.
    Do we know each other IRL? I grew up in Parkwood and went to Jordan. My parents live in Hunter's Wood (near Southpoint). I don't dislike Southpoint even though I miss the trees too.

Maybe we should reboot the LTE?
    Reboot it how?

I just fixed the family cuisinart and am feeling pretty manly.

Now it’s time to blanch some dandelion greens.

My internet was out all day yesterday and most of today.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    My internet was out all day yesterday and most of today.
    Wired and mobile? Yikes!

-jk

They are doing a lot of construction around here - I blame the City of Newton.

Reboot it how?
    Ctrl - Alt - Del?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I just fixed the family cuisinart and am feeling pretty manly.

Now it’s time to blanch some dandelion greens.
    Just don’t eat them?

They are doing a lot of construction around here - I blame the City of Newton.
    The reduced traffic early on accelerated many of the projects around here.

Ctrl - Alt - Del?
    Hmmm, I'm not sure how that would reboot the LTE, but feel free to try it.

Just don’t eat them?
    They're not bad, can be fairly bitter, but packed with good stuff. Blanched and then sauteed in oil and garlic took away some of the bite.

We're in a CSA and it's definitely greens season.