Page 2748 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 17482248264826982738274627472748274927502758279828483248 ... LastLast
Results 54,941 to 54,960 of 67650
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Perhaps. Raccoons are very successful living in close proximity to people though. So they might just be livin la vida suburbs.

They’re even becoming overpopulated in certain heavy urban areas

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/a...rban-survivors
    When I lived in West Philadelphia there was an active population of raccoons that would appear at night doing what raccoons do, i.e. ripping into garbage cans...

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Well done and welcome back! (I still have ND to go.)

-jk
    I wonder what percentage of tourists in ND are there primarily to check it off the "states visited" list?

ND and AK are the only states left on my list. I once considered driving from Sioux Falls to the ND border for the purpose of being able to say that I'd been to ND. I decided against this when I realized that it would be a 5 hour round trip.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    When I lived in West Philadelphia there was an active population of raccoons that would appear at night doing what raccoons do, i.e. ripping into garbage cans...
    Were they chillin' out, maxin', relaxin' all cool?

Quote Originally Posted by House P View Post
    I wonder what percentage of tourists in ND are there primarily to check it off the "states visited" list?

ND and AK are the only states left on my list. I once considered driving from Sioux Falls to the ND border for the purpose of being able to say that I'd been to ND. I decided against this when I realized that it would be a 5 hour round trip.
    Mission trips are a great way to visit a state. That's what took me to ND.

I stayed a couple days in Fargo, ND on a drive from McMinnville, Oregon to Durham. Went with a classmate from freshman dorm(House P lived a couple doors down from him I think) who was also in ROTC with me. His grandparents lived near Fargo so we crashed there and went fishing for a day.

Some goooood trash in Philly.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Sporked

Outer Banks starting Saturday. I think I’ll give my 2 weeks right after, not right before.

Outer Banks starting Saturday. I think I’ll give my 2 weeks right after, not right before.
    Ooooh... Jealous here.

During...

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Ooooh... Jealous here.
    Been a few years, looking forward to it (except the Saturday slog across the bridge).

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    During...
    Teams meeting from the beach? Like it.

Ooooh... Jealous here.
    Ditto! Where are you going?

When I lived in West Philly, it was anything but relaxin' and cool...I'd run home from the library at night, using the middle of the road, so I wouldn't get mugged. I wonder if that neighborhood has changed since I lived there...I think we're going to visit there in the next year or two.

Ditto! Where are you going?
    Family beach week in Corolla. My wife's parents 50th wedding anniversary, too, so some extra celebration thrown in.

Family beach week in Corolla. My wife's parents 50th wedding anniversary, too, so some extra celebration thrown in.
    Nice!

don't run over the ponies!

If you have the chance, spend a day at Ocracoke. You won't be disappointed.

If you have the chance, spend a day at Ocracoke. You won't be disappointed.
    marvelous place, but that's a bit of a hike...renting a beach house has a way of cementing me in place...

marvelous place, but that's a bit of a hike...renting a beach house has a way of cementing me in place...
    I totally get it. Ocracoke is a haul from, well, everywhere. But it is, thus far, my favorite place on the planet, so I tend to make an effort.

I totally get it. Ocracoke is a haul from, well, everywhere. But it is, thus far, my favorite place on the planet, so I tend to make an effort.
    yeah, I love that place...a friend of mine used to winter there, talk about not many people around...he worked out a nice deal with the Ocracoke Inn or whatever that place was called...