Page 2747 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 17472247264726972737274527462747274827492757279728473247 ... LastLast
Results 54,921 to 54,940 of 67660
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    How much does an emergency vet visit like that cost?
    This one was around $700. There were tests done to determine overall health as well as infectious disease. The infectious disease tests were done first, if it had been an infectious disease, the other tests would not have been done. That would have implications for the other ferals in the neighborhood. But given the negative test results for ID, checking her overall health made sense to determine the extent of the disease.

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    I respectfully disagree. Altruism does involve a gain ... but it is purely for the inner peace of the bestower. And that is not for nothing.
    Yes, I am trying to bring order to my little corner of the world as I see it.

Here she was about a year and a half ago when I took her to get neutered. I don't have many pictures of the ferals, mainly because when I'm out there with them I'm feeding, cleaning the area, etc. and don't even have my phone/camera. Of the 5 I've trapped, neutered, and returned I've seen 4 in the last 24 hours including Tiger. So, it looks like only 3 of the 5 are still here. My two favorites, Snowball and Tiger, are gone.
    FZDTZPYXkAEv-bl.jpg
    Last edited by YmoBeThere; 08-01-2022 at 02:29 PM.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Long night...one of the feral cats I feed had been missing the last 10 days or so. I was worried enough about her that I bought a trail camera to see if she was coming around at night. (Usually I saw her in the morning when I left food out and then again at dusk. She always hissed at me, not in a mean way, but it was how she said hello to me.) She was back tonight, collapsed in my yard. I took her to the emergency vet, nothing infectious but kidneys were shut down and liver function was headed the same direction.) For the first time in her short 18 month life, I held her as she went to her final peace. RIP, Tiger.
    RIP, Tiger. I'm glad she had you.

Nice. What’s taking the pictures? I just got a trail cam that I’ve been placing around our property at night.

Lots of raccoons, possums and cats so far.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Nice. What’s taking the pictures? I just got a trail cam that I’ve been placing around our property at night.

Lots of raccoons, possums and cats so far.
    This arrived on Friday. Only cats and raccoons so far.

GardePro E6 Trail Camera WiFi 24MP 1296P Game Camera with No Glow Night Vision Motion Activated Waterproof for Wildlife Deer Scouting Hunting or Property Security, Brown https://a.co/9R8A784

Update on that baby. Did not have a good day or night yesterday, but we made some significant changes today and they seem to have worked. Turned a corner and had a great day today.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Update on that baby. Did not have a good day or night yesterday, but we made some significant changes today and they seem to have worked. Turned a corner and had a great day today.
    Great job…. Very good news!

Keep up the good work. We're all rooting for you!

Very good to hear, may they continue to progress.

Keep up the good work. We're all rooting for you!
    Is this an Airplane! reference?

Like 8 years ago, we set out to finish all 50 states by my 40th birthday. At the time, I was at 32 states and she was at 33. We each had 4 states to repeat, meaning we’ve visited 23 states in 8 years that were new for at least one of us.
    Late Friday night, we got home from Alaska. I turn 40 next Tuesday. So we made it by a month, give or take.
    The Band sang about ‘When I Paint My Masterpiece,’ and at least so far, I know what mine looks like.
    03173694-F0F4-4B26-B913-BA35E5CF9A06.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Like 8 years ago, we set out to finish all 50 states by my 40th birthday. At the time, I was at 32 states and she was at 33. We each had 4 states to repeat, meaning we’ve visited 23 states in 8 years that were new for at least one of us.
    Late Friday night, we got home from Alaska. I turn 40 next Tuesday. So we made it by a month, give or take.
    The Band sang about ‘When I Paint My Masterpiece,’ and at least so far, I know what mine looks like.
    Well done and welcome back! (I still have ND to go.)

-jk

Congrats on finishing it up.

Just Alaska to go for me.

Congrats! I love Alaska and have family that lives there so have been fortunate to visit every few years.

How small of a cut out job were RI and DE?!

That is awesome Wilson!

So, it appears the landowners of a nearby ranch finally sold and they are preparing the land for a new subdivision. This is likely why the raccoons are hanging out in my neighborhood. They had nowhere else to go.

So, it appears the landowners of a nearby ranch finally sold and they are preparing the land for a new subdivision. This is likely why the raccoons are hanging out in my neighborhood. They had nowhere else to go.
    Perhaps. Raccoons are very successful living in close proximity to people though. So they might just be livin la vida suburbs.

They’re even becoming overpopulated in certain heavy urban areas

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/article/how-raccoons-became-the-ultimate-urban-survivors

Perhaps. Raccoons are very successful living in close proximity to people though. So they might just be livin la vida suburbs.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/a...rban-survivors
    The behavior of the ferals changed very significantly a couple weeks ago. What was happening to the dishes, etc. I put out also changed; they are now strewn about. Too many coincidences at the same time.

The behavior of the ferals changed very significantly a couple weeks ago. What was happening to the dishes, etc. I put out also changed; they are now strewn about. Too many coincidences at the same time.
    Oh sorry, that was me. I'll be more careful.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Oh sorry, that was me. I'll be more careful.
    I suspected you were giant trash panda...