Page 2225 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 122517252125217522152223222422252226222722352275232527253225 ... LastLast
Results 44,481 to 44,500 of 67648
    So I spoke at a conference and meant to clap the lady who invited me on her shoulder and missed and grabbed boob. Top that.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I once bought a pick axe at Home Depot and accidentally put it in the trunk in such a way that the metal point was juuussssttt in between the back edge of the open trunk and my back window. When I shut the trunk, it forced the point against the glass and my entire and I mean entire back window spider-webbed. On the drive home we kept hearing little pieces of glass fall each time we hit a bump in the road. I kept waiting for the entire thing to collapse like the wall in GoT when the ice dragon finishes with it. It waited until we got home and shut our doors. Then it shattered inward.

Felt pretty dumb. Still do but mostly about other things now.
    In the very first car I ever owned, I kept hearing a slight buzzing sound from the back. It clearly wasn't a bug. It sounded like an electrical short, but I couldn't figure out what from and didn't bother to investigate further. Then on a rainy night just at the edge of freezing (it was 32 degrees outside), coming home late in the evening from a get-together with friends, our hatchback window just exploded and fell into the (fortunately unoccupied) back seat. It turns out there actually had been a short - in the connection to the rear window defroster. It had heated up the glass to the point where the temperature contrast with the cold rain shattered the glass. That was one cold, wet ride home.

Then the next day we made the mistake of trying to clean it up with a regular vacuum. Showers of dust later after the paper bag burst from the glass shards, we rented a shop vac and actually got the mess cleaned up.

Ahh, the things you learn...

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    So I spoke at a conference and meant to clap the lady who invited me on her shoulder and missed and grabbed boob. Top that.
    Perv!

As little as I know you, I am betting that still eats at you daily.

I discovered that my Celica convertible's rear window was leaking when I kept hearing a sloshing noise coming from the back. The "bag" that the rear window slides into when top down was FULL of water. Several bucketfuls later . . . Luckily, no wiring in that immediate area.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Perv!

As little as I know you, I am betting that still eats at you daily.
    Well, I have gotten to the point where I just laugh about it because I know her pretty well. But I didn't at the time and it was horrible.

In 7th grade my English teacher was walking the aisles as she lectured. She asked a question that I guess I was really enthusiastic about answering and I shot my left arm up as she was standing in my blind spot. I smacked her right in the chest and boob. It made a "thud" sound that the whole class heard. I really think it hurt her.

I am betting that still eats at you daily.
    Not exactly daily, but...
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    In 7th grade my English teacher was walking the aisles as she lectured. She asked a question that I guess I was really enthusiastic about answering and I shot my left arm up as she was standing in my blind spot. I smacked her right in the chest and boob. It made a "thud" sound that the whole class heard. I really think it hurt her.

Not exactly daily, but...
    I also walked out on stage at a conference with about 250 people in the room wearing black pants and a pink shirt, the hem of which was sticking out of my unzipped pants about4 inches. The first few rows recoiled in horror when I walked out, alerting me to the issue. I had to walk behind the lectern to zip up. So me getting to second base in front of other folks at that other conference wasn't the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to me at a conference.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    In the very first car I ever owned, I kept hearing a slight buzzing sound from the back. It clearly wasn't a bug. It sounded like an electrical short, but I couldn't figure out what from and didn't bother to investigate further. Then on a rainy night just at the edge of freezing (it was 32 degrees outside), coming home late in the evening from a get-together with friends, our hatchback window just exploded and fell into the (fortunately unoccupied) back seat. It turns out there actually had been a short - in the connection to the rear window defroster. It had heated up the glass to the point where the temperature contrast with the cold rain shattered the glass. That was one cold, wet ride home.

Then the next day we made the mistake of trying to clean it up with a regular vacuum. Showers of dust later after the paper bag burst from the glass shards, we rented a shop vac and actually got the mess cleaned up.

Ahh, the things you learn...
    I am living in my house today (and have been for 31 years) because my predecessor had a short in the back of his hatchback and it ignited a vented (bad idea) gas can when he opened the hatch. Horrific burn situation. Yes, the stuff one learns.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I am living in my house today (and have been for 31 years) because my predecessor had a short in the back of his hatchback and it ignited a vented (bad idea) gas can when he opened the hatch. Horrific burn situation. Yes, the stuff one learns.
    Sickest patient I ever took care of was on ECMO in the burn unit. 12.5 hour shift and I never took a sip of a beverage, took a bite of food, used the bathroom or even sat down (not even for a second) It was 12.5 hours of keeping her alive. And we didn't do ECMOs in the burn unit, so it was like an episode of MASH from a help and resources perspective.

Sickest patient I ever took care of was on ECMO in the burn unit. 12.5 hour shift and I never took a sip of a beverage, took a bite of food, used the bathroom or even sat down (not even for a second) It was 12.5 hours of keeping her alive. And we didn't do ECMOs in the burn unit, so it was like an episode of MASH from a help and resources perspective.
    Sadly, that's what happened here. I still get the willies when I pour gas in my mower.

I also walked out on stage at a conference with about 250 people in the room wearing black pants and a pink shirt, the hem of which was sticking out of my unzipped pants about4 inches. The first few rows recoiled in horror when I walked out, alerting me to the issue. I had to walk behind the lectern to zip up. So me getting to second base in front of other folks at that other conference wasn't the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to me at a conference.
    THAT made me guffaw! Have you worn a pink shirt since? Or are you just extra extra careful to zip your pants?

4 inches? Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

I once bought a pick axe at Home Depot and accidentally put it in the trunk in such a way that the metal point was juuussssttt in between the back edge of the open trunk and my back window. When I shut the trunk, it forced the point against the glass and my entire and I mean entire back window spider-webbed. On the drive home we kept hearing little pieces of glass fall each time we hit a bump in the road. I kept waiting for the entire thing to collapse like the wall in GoT when the ice dragon finishes with it. It waited until we got home and shut our doors. Then it shattered inward.

Felt pretty dumb. Still do but mostly about other things now.
    Whoa, buddy! Spoiler alert much?
    Let's go Duke!

THAT made me guffaw! Have you worn a pink shirt since? Or are you just extra extra careful to zip your pants?

4 inches? Sorry, I couldn't help myself.
    I hate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    For real. I just started the series and don't need the spoilers. I'm on episode 4 and obviously Ned Stark will emerge Victorious. But interested to see how it plays out.

I haven't watched the full series or read all the books, either, but I stopped complaining about spoilers about two years ago. Should I also keep it secret that Gollum is the one who actually destroys the One Ring?

I haven't watched the full series or read all the books, either, but I stopped complaining about spoilers about two years ago. Should I also keep it secret that Gollum is the one who actually destroys the One Ring?
    Biggest surprise was when Gandalf killed Dumbledore.

Wait. What?!?!

Biggest surprise was when Gandalf killed Dumbledore.
    Is it wrong that I liked when Frodo betrayed Obi Wan and slaughtered the younglings in the Jedi Temple to make his transformation into a white walker complete?

Is it wrong that I liked when Frodo betrayed Obi Wan and slaughtered the younglings in the Jedi Temple to make his transformation into a white walker complete?
    It is wrong yes, because it doesn't go that way in the books. You should be ashamed.

It is wrong yes, because it doesn't go that way in the books. You should be ashamed.
    In my defense, JRR Martin is a notoriously slow writer so GRR Lucas had to improvise on the show.