Page 1038 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 3853893898810281036103710381039104010481088113815382038 ... LastLast
Results 20,741 to 20,760 of 67397
    Worst big airport: Atlanta (although LaGuardia, Kennedy, and LAX are awful too. O'Hare not that bad the few times I've done it)

Worst small airport: Jackson Hole, WY

Favorite: Minneapolis.

Second Favorite: Columbia, SC

Most chill: Spokane, WA

Least Favorites: Newark, O'Hare, Toronto (counts as the US, right?), Fort Lauderdale.

Favorites: Denver, Indianapolis (I'm biased ), Minneapolis

I don't mind Atlanta or JFK. Never flown in/out of LAX. I've been through some GREAT international airports.

Smallest airport I've been in? Charlotteown, Canada. One gate.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    I've been through some GREAT international airports.
    Heathrow rocks. Once you're inside.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Least Favorites: Newark, O'Hare, Toronto (counts as the US, right?), Fort Lauderdale.

Favorites: Denver, Indianapolis (I'm biased ), Minneapolis

I don't mind Atlanta or JFK. Never flown in/out of LAX. I've been through some GREAT international airports.

Smallest airport I've been in? Charlotteown, Canada. One gate.
    Have to love "Marco Polo" airport in Venice, Italy, just for the name alone !

Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    Have to love "Marco Polo" airport in Venice, Italy, just for the name alone !
    How do you find it, though?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Virtue and Moir won the Ice Dancing gold medal. The US women are once again facing Canada in the women's hockey gold medal game. And I'm reminded of how we lost colchar as a member of our merry little band. (It was mostly my fault. Davis and White were better in 2014 and I told him so. Then I said that when 80% of the Canadian women's hockey team trains at US universities on scholarship - what does it really mean to skate for Canada?)

I know it's petty of me, but it just bugs me that our students are facing such incredible student loan debt but we've got money to train Canadian hockey players. And then they beat us in the Olympics. (If you've been paying attention for the last few years, you know that my support for college athletics took a blow when I started having to write tuition checks.)

Oh there's only one woman on the Canadian team this year that didn't play college hockey in the US. But there are a lot more that are currently in the CWHL so it doesn't feel quite so much like we're all paying to train them to beat us.

Speaking of airports...

I'm about to book a flight to Budapest but most flights (that are in my price range) have me connecting in Istanbul. How is that supposed to work? Isn't all travel to Turkey on hold at the moment for all US Citizens? Does that not apply for people simply catching a connecting flight?

Maybe that explains the price?

I might be too old for Austin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I might be too old for Austin.
    If you are over 35, proabably so. That’s what San Antonio is for.

I disagree with the ladies figure skating results from last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I disagree with the ladies figure skating results from last night.
    How would you have placed them?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I would have placed Tara Lipinski and Johnny Weir in a "Hunger Games" movie. That should give them something to do until the next Olympics rolls around.
    "Quality is not an option!"

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    I would have placed Tara Lipinski and Johnny Weir in a "Hunger Games" movie. That should give them something to do until the next Olympics rolls around.
    Instead, they will be doing the closing ceremonies.

1) Medvedeva
    2) Osmond
    3) Miyahara
    4) Zagitova

If the only thing that's going to matter in the Olympics is landing a triple lutz - triple loop combination after 2 minutes of skating around, just call it Figure Skating Big Air. In fact, to avoid the plethora of injuries that befall these little jumping beans, just limit to a best trick format. Go out, do your triple lutz - triple loop and nothing else. Why have any actual skating matter? Granted Zagitova can skate fairly well but her spins were not as good as any of the other top ladies and her Biellmann should have gotten a negative GOE.

Since 1994, only one gold medal winner ever competed in another Olympics, Yuna Kim who won in 2010 and came back to take silver in 2014. Shizuka Arakawa won at age 25 in 2006. The rest were teenagers who never won another World or Olympic medal and were washed out of the sport by age 18. We should bring back school figures.

OK - I went back and watched Zagitova's program again and her spins were better than I remembered but still not as good as the others in the top 4. Slow wanker Biellmann spins are a personal pet peeve and I hate watching everybody do that move. I wish it got negative GOEs when the skaters don't do them well. Zagitova's is average. So is Medvedeva's to be honest, but her program was an actual program and not a best trick showcase, so I'll forgive her more.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    OK - I went back and watched Zagitova's program again and her spins were better than I remembered but still not as good as the others in the top 4. Slow wanker Biellmann spins are a personal pet peeve and I hate watching everybody do that move. I wish it got negative GOEs when the skaters don't do them well. Zagitova's is average. So is Medvedeva's to be honest, but her program was an actual program and not a best trick showcase, so I'll forgive her more.
    Thank you. I liked Medvedeva more than Zagitova but don't really have enough knowledge to judge. I am tired of the Biellmann and wouldn't care if it was never done again.

Does Osmond rotate her jumps in the opposite direction than most other skaters? That kept throwing me. I loved her routine and her reactions.

I'm catching up on "Counterpart" tonight.

Kinda not so into the OlyOlyOlys this go around but I'm glad others here are enjoying it.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Thank you. I liked Medvedeva more than Zagitova but don't really have enough knowledge to judge. I am tired of the Biellmann and wouldn't care if it was never done again.

Does Osmond rotate her jumps in the opposite direction than most other skaters? That kept throwing me. I loved her routine and her reactions.
    She does. She's a "lefty" spinner. So is Carolina Kostner. (I like Kostner but, how she keeps getting placed so high is beyond me. No, her program components are not that much better than the other skaters who don't do the hardest jumps. Can NOT explain it.)

Just as long as she doesn't stop short...

Yay, yet another Seinfeld reference.