Thread: Roach?

Roach?

Someone said he’s still not 100%. Anything to be worried about? I assume they wouldn’t play him if it could be aggravated. Like unc last year… it’s the end of the year that matters most. If he were even iffy I’d sit him for a week. Or only play him in games and not practice.

Any knowledge On status ? I know it was some sort of toe injury

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    Someone said he’s still not 100%. Anything to be worried about? I assume they wouldn’t play him if it could be aggravated. Like unc last year… it’s the end of the year that matters most. If he were even iffy I’d sit him for a week. Or only play him in games and not practice.

Any knowledge On status ? I know it was some sort of toe injury
    Who knows, but he still doesn't look right, seems to have trouble pushing off on layups...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Who knows, but he still doesn't look right, seems to have trouble pushing off on layups...
    I agree and it looks like he's not getting the lift on his jump shots.

GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    My guess is that it is still bothering him and any nagging injury to the foot can mess with your mechanics. Playing is not going to give it time to heal but not playing would put the season at a disadvantage. A big challenge for the team.

Roach played great yesterday, but at the start of the broadcast one of the announcers said that Jon mentioned that Roach won't be 100% for the rest of the season, that the toe is a lingering injury that will have to be managed. Is this concerning to anybody else? It reminds of me Seth Curry's senior year when he sat out all of the practices due to a knee injury but played in the games. Also Grayson's senior year he reportedly was seen wearing a boot whenever he was walking around campus, but he still practiced and played. Roach is a junior but he doesn't have the luxury of sitting out practices as his role on the team is so crucial. I think tomorrow's game will tell us a lot in terms of whether he can play on a two day turnaround which is of course critical to advancing in the tournament, not to mention the ACCT. Duke has the best sports medicine program in the country, they got Elton Brand back on the court when everyone thought he was done for the year, and they got Boozer playing six weeks or so after breaking his foot. So Roach is in good hands but the comments from yesterday didn't sound good.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Roach played great yesterday, but at the start of the broadcast one of the announcers said that Jon mentioned that Roach won't be 100% for the rest of the season, that the toe is a lingering injury that will have to be managed. Is this concerning to anybody else? It reminds of me Seth Curry's senior year when he sat out all of the practices due to a knee injury but played in the games. Also Grayson's senior year he reportedly was seen wearing a boot whenever he was walking around campus, but he still practiced and played. Roach is a junior but he doesn't have the luxury of sitting out practices as his role on the team is so crucial. I think tomorrow's game will tell us a lot in terms of whether he can play on a two day turnaround which is of course critical to advancing in the tournament, not to mention the ACCT. Duke has the best sports medicine program in the country, they got Elton Brand back on the court when everyone thought he was done for the year, and they got Boozer playing six weeks or so after breaking his foot. So Roach is in good hands but the comments from yesterday didn't sound good.
    It is a significant toe injury and recovery is very uncertain as you play/practice on it. It is a big concern but it is what it is. Other guys like Whitehead need to start playing better.

I was expecting more rust yesterday. He played well. If we get from him what we got yesterday, or slightly better, I'll take it. Hopefully it's not a situation where he will aggravate the injury.

I heard or read Roach post game say that he felt great, and this was the best he had felt since the Iowa game.