Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Episode two, while entertaining, gets a resounding "Meh" from me.

There are only 8 episodes in the whole season, and unlike the first one, this one did absolutely nothing to advance the story other than to get them off of Tatooine. That leaves only 6 episodes to cram a whole lot of upcoming action and characters in. (I hope.)
    Also, Baby Yoda was a bit of a ravenous brat.
    I didn't really feel like the first episode did much to move the story forward either. I found the creepy spider-squids much more compelling than the sand monster though. The first two episodes have been a little disappointing, I didn't realize there are only 8 episodes. Definitely feels like there isn't much time to get anything meaningful done here.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I didn't really feel like the first episode did much to move the story forward either. I found the creepy spider-squids much more compelling than the sand monster though. The first two episodes have been a little disappointing, I didn't realize there are only 8 episodes. Definitely feels like there isn't much time to get anything meaningful done here.
    I could post my thoughts but...Acymetric just did. Sure I enjoyed parts of it and Baby Yoda dietary adventures were funny, but it was just a little adventure to enjoy with no obvious substance. My that I mean perhaps a true SW fan picked up some subtle things I didnt.

I saw a social media post that basically said the mandalorian is now just consisting of the little quests you sent you action figures on when you were a kid. Couldn’t agree more.

I havent renewed my disney plus.
    I was going to just bingewatch at the end of the season.not sure mando is worth 7 dollars a month. Yes im cheap.

So, still not a lot happening, but we finally have some direction with a huge tease at the end.

Spoilers for the latest episode and Rebels follow:

Spoiler!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    So, still not a lot happening, but we finally have some direction with a huge tease at the end.

Spoilers for the latest episode and Rebels follow:

Spoiler!
    All good questions, hopefully we'll find out. I like knowing what Bo-Katan's role is now; she is on a mission to get the Darksaber back. And it appears that folks are pretty happy to protect it, and even its whereabouts, with their literal lives. Self zapping, that was a neat twist on the cyanide pill.

Also nice to see Baby Yoda control his appetite. I liked this episode (nice to see the story finally moving forward), but I have a feeling that the next one is going to be packed.
    Last edited by CameronBornAndBred; 11-14-2020 at 06:45 PM.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I hadn't realized that Katee Sackhoff voiced Bo-Katan. Pretty cool to see her play the role in live action.

Quote Originally Posted by BLPOG View Post
    I hadn't realized that Katee Sackhoff voiced Bo-Katan. Pretty cool to see her play the role in live action.
    Right? How often do they get someone who is doing a voice on a cartoon to play a live action version of that same character?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Right? How often do they get someone who is doing a voice on a cartoon to play a live action version of that same character?
    I think it has happened occasionally at least in the Star Wars universe. I know there was some disappointment that Eckstein wasn't going to play the live-action version of Ahsoka.

I think it has happened occasionally at least in the Star Wars universe. I know there was some disappointment that Eckstein wasn't going to play the live-action version of Ahsoka.
    Possibly, but I can't think of an example. Going from LIVE ACTION to CARTOON, yes, but not from CARTOON to live action? I feel like that's pretty unique.

And yeah, they did want her to do Ahsoka, but looking at Dawson, I feel like she's got the right look... her lips in particular should work well, as well as her eyes.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    As far as I know the only other voice actors to show up are still doing basically voices. Dee Bradley Baker is one. The only true exception I know of is Matt Lanter, who voiced Anakin. He was the guy steering the prison ship that Mando and company raided in their rescue mission. Lanter's character was killed. (Although Mando tried to protect him, and that's one of the reasons that he was let go by the X-Wing pilots in episode 2.) Still, Lanter wasn't playing his cartoon counterpart like Sackhoff is.
    Possibly, but I can't think of an example. Going from LIVE ACTION to CARTOON, yes, but not from CARTOON to live action? I feel like that's pretty unique.

And yeah, they did want her to do Ahsoka, but looking at Dawson, I feel like she's got the right look... her lips in particular should work well, as well as her eyes.
    Yep to Eckstein. Sackhoff LOOKS like her character, Eckstein doesn't come close. Hopefully they find a way for her to show up in another way at some point, that would be cool.
    (Captain Rex is rumored to be showing up also, and if so he'll be played by Temuera Morrison, not Dee Bradley Baker.)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Spoiler!
    In theory, the answer to question 3 was heavily implied in Rise of Skywalker by a voice cameo. In practice, nothing in the sequel trilogy implies anyone was planning ahead about anything, so I guess it could still go either way.

If anyone here ever played (mid-90s PC game)
    Spoiler!
    you are in for a treat.

Grogu is an awful name.

Grogu is what happens when I don't clean out the veggie drawer in my fridge.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Grogu is an awful name.

Grogu is what happens when I don't clean out the veggie drawer in my fridge.
    I agree, they had plenty of time to find something more symphonious.

Too late now! Otherwise a good episode, although I think Michael Biehn was tragically under-used.

Quote Originally Posted by BLPOG View Post
    I think Michael Biehn was tragically under-used.
    When Ashoka and Mando were storming the city, I was desperately hoping Biehn would turn to the Magistrate and say...

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

If anyone here ever played (mid-90s PC game)
    Spoiler!
    you are in for a treat.
    Ummm, that game is based on the Timthoy Zahn books Dark Force Rising, Heir to the Empire, and The Last Command... it may be the best Star Wars ever written for page or screen.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Man, Dawson was pretty damn perfect. And a Thrawn reference? Yes please. Just give the whole universe to Filoni and be done with it.

Man, Dawson was pretty damn perfect. And a Thrawn reference? Yes please. Just give the whole universe to Filoni and be done with it.
    My guess is that is the last we see of Ahsoka for now, at least until her and Sabine meet up again in a spin off, with very likely live action Thrawn showing up, and very hopefully Ezra, too.

I have hope for Ezra since Ahsoka said there are not many Jedi left. He could be one of those still around along with Luke (and Leia). Obviously, however, when Ezra and Thrawn and the Space Whales flew off into oblivion, Thrawn survived and made a name for himself in his new location. Ezra's fate is of course yet to be determined.

We watched Ep 13 at our campsite on my laptop next to our campfire, which was fun, but when we got home we decided to rewatch on our big screen. That's when I noticed something cool upon Ahsoka and Mando's first encounter. Morai the convor was in one of the trees that Din walked under, right before Ahsoka dropped down behind him. So two characters made their move from animation to live action in that episode.

img-2414337-f.jpg