Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Can i use a mulligan? I bet ND to cover thinking they were the home team. Arrrggg!
    You know how it goes. Your accidental bet will win.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    You know how it goes. Your accidental bet will win.
    I have a very sophisticated method for picking my winners involving B(n,p), an inverse matrix and the equation for the volume of two intersecting conicals where n=# mirrors and p=dispersion coefficient of smoke in a vacuum.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Can i use a mulligan? I bet ND to cover thinking they were the home team. Arrrggg!
    "u"nc appeared to get home team "treatment" even when they played in South Bend earlier this season. Right, elvis14?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Son of a mother. We decide to play defense and screw the over/under.

Crazy game between Clemson & FSU, culminating with FSU coming back from 18pts down and winning without covering at home.

/Sad Face emoji

At least it helps our own team's position in the conference standings.

Wake is impossible to get a handle on, although my default has been when-in-doubt-take-the-home-team, so that paid off last night.

Duke hit the over in every single game we played this year until the Evansville game (where their offense was so abysmal that we barely missed the number). Following the Evansville game, we hit 2 more overs, bringing our over/under at that point in the season to 12-1. The over seemed like the surest thing since Virginia under.

Since then, Duke has 7 unders and only 4 overs. Hmmmmm.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I interpret this to mean our defense has drastically improved.
    Bob Green

I bet all Unders today, and UVA isn't even playing. Should add some spice and excitement.

I believe we have our first Loser, and it's not me. GreenWave Dukie is at -5390. GreenWave made lots more bets than me and got 49.5% right which isn't bad.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Duke hit the over in every single game we played this year until the Evansville game (where their offense was so abysmal that we barely missed the number). Following the Evansville game, we hit 2 more overs, bringing our over/under at that point in the season to 12-1. The over seemed like the surest thing since Virginia under.

Coincidentally, I was in Vegas during the Duke-Evansville game and I bet the Duke over. That's the only bet I've made all year.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    I believe we have our first Loser, and it's not me. GreenWave Dukie is at -5390. GreenWave made lots more bets than me and got 49.5% right which isn't bad.
    He has a couple of picks pending. Still time to save the ball from going out of bounds, assuming DQs are handed out at the end of the day's action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2TspOdrmtE

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Hey, I resemble that remark!!

Go get 'em richardjackson199. Know I'll be rooting for you. Your comeback is about to begin!

Bump.

Only one game to bet on today, Miami at Notre Dame. Expert picks are heavy on Notre Dame, about split on the O/U.

I've managed to stay in 2nd place for a while now but I really need to win some bets to stay ahead of rasputin who is breathing down my neck. For tonight, I pinched my nose while placing a bet on State to win.
    Bob Green

Weird. Twice now I have made picks, submitted them, they showed up on my page, and then after the games are over, they are not there. I picked ND and the over and I go to my page today and it's like I didn't play.

Same thing happened last Saturday. I picked all the games, but I looked after the early games began and there is nothing on my page. I picked the late games again and they registered.

hhhmmmm. I think they were all washes, but it's just weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I've managed to stay in 2nd place for a while now but I really need to win some bets to stay ahead of rasputin who is breathing down my neck. For tonight, I pinched my nose while placing a bet on State to win.
    I believe this is what Coach K refers to as "game pressure."

Quote Originally Posted by NYBri View Post
    Weird. Twice now I have made picks, submitted them, they showed up on my page, and then after the games are over, they are not there. I picked ND and the over and I go to my page today and it's like I didn't play.

Same thing happened last Saturday. I picked all the games, but I looked after the early games began and there is nothing on my page. I picked the late games again and they registered.

I had this same problem in the pre-ACC contest. Did you recently change browsers (or computers)? I realized that the new browser I was using didn't work with Covers and I went back to using the old browser.

Quote Originally Posted by NYBri View Post

It happened to me too this past Saturday. I picked all the games, but by the time I finished picking, I realized that the first 3 picks I made were not there on the bet card where they show you your bets. So I just made those bets again and they went through. I think it's just some glitch in the Covers website. So maybe it would help to just double check your bet card of your picks on Covers after you place your bets to make sure they're all there. If some disappear, just place them again.

Lots of good action to bet on tonight:

Wednesday
    [1]Virginia (13-1) (-19) hosts [124]Georgia Tech (4-10) (7:00, ESPN2)
    [45]Syracuse (7-7) (+3) hosts [7]North Carolina (10-5) (7:00, ESPN)
    [34]Virginia Tech (8-6) (-1) hosts [16]Clemson (9-5) (7:00, ACCNE)
    [3]Duke (10-4) hosts [36]Louisville (8-6) (9:00, ESPN)
    [231]Pittsburgh (0-15) hosts [88]Wake Forest (3-12) (9:00, ACCNE)
    If Pittsburgh is going to win an ACC game, tonight is good opportunity. They are +9 at home against Wake Forest. How many DBR degenerates take that gamble?
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Lots of good action to bet on tonight:

If Pittsburgh is going to win an ACC game, tonight is good opportunity. They are +9 at home against Wake Forest. How many DBR degenerates take that gamble?
    I'm thoroughly torn on both of my "Death, taxes, & ..." betting trends tonight:
    1. UVA under--O/U of 113 is awfully low, even for a marginal team like GaTech. I could see UVA trying to exorcise some demons tonight at home and putting up a whopping 68pts, and sneaking past the Over
    2. Pitt's opposition, at any spread--9pts is a LOT to lay with Wake on the road against anyone

The over on UVA finally paid off!