Page 44 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654941445441044 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Presuming you have carpets, what do you use to clean up throw-up from your dogs?

One of my cats throws up at least once a week and I use Resolve to clean up the stain. It works pretty well though am considering investing in a steam cleaner.
    I use the same, though Walter's troubles typically issue from the other end. He also very rarely has such issues in the house, and then if it happens, it's most often in his crate in the middle of the night.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I use the same, though Walter's troubles typically issue from the other end. He also very rarely has such issues in the house, and then if it happens, it's most often in his crate in the middle of the night.
    The Nature's Miracle line of products tend to work the best for us.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    The Nature's Miracle line of products tend to work the best for us.
    Bingo. Look for the white bottle with red lettering; it's generally pretty prominent in pet stores, especially in the new puppy aisle.

This stuff is the bomb for removing odors from carpets, furniture, etc. Stains, I'd still use Resolve or similar, if it were particularly stubborn.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    This sounds like an easy thread-starting question:
    What's worse than waking up early with a sick dog?

The possibilities are endless! (and hence, PERFECTLY suited for this thread).

Good luck!
    Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Um, being up with a sick baby. And by "up", I mean that you never really went to sleep since the baby wakes up at 11:45, 1;12, 2;15, 3:50, 4:14, 6:20, and 7:00. By the end of it, I was seriously praying either that the baby would stop crying or that the morning would bring on Judgment Day - who cared which at that point?

Oh, and then at 6:40, just when I thought I might actually scrounge a few minutes' sleep before work, the cats bounded across my bed in the midst of a play fight, attempted to disembowel each other on my pillow, and sprang away before I could grab either one of them by the scruff of the neck to beat them.

Moneypenny, what would I do without you?

I can't believe I did it, but I have adopted a third cat. Here is a picture of Miss Moneypenny, or Moneypenny for short. She moved in less than 48 hours ago and is doing great with her older sister. Her brother is adjusting. He's such a momma's boy and I think is afraid he will be left out of the lovin's.
    Is she more like Lois or Samantha?

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Is she more like Lois or Samantha?

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Give me a couple of more days, though I'm leaning towards Lois. I don't see my Moneypenny putting on a virtual head thingy and have naughty thoughts like Samantha did.

I have no idea what is being discussed on this thread now, but I thought I'd contribute with a post. Carry on!

I can't believe I did it, but I have adopted a third cat. Here is a picture of Miss Moneypenny, or Moneypenny for short. She moved in less than 48 hours ago and is doing great with her older sister. Her brother is adjusting. He's such a momma's boy and I think is afraid he will be left out of the lovin's.
    Congrats on the new cat...

I didn't win Mega Millions last night.
    Does anyone else ever buy lottery tickets?
    Does anyone else spend as much time as I do fantasizing about what they'd do if they won the lottery?

I didn't win Mega Millions last night.
    Does anyone else ever buy lottery tickets?
    Does anyone else spend as much time as I do fantasizing about what they'd do if they won the lottery?
    Well, need a little more data...but if maybe 5 minutes a year fantasizing is about how much time you spend then yes. I do the occasional lottery ticket particularly when the prizes get extremely high(annuity value of $200 million or more). I have the benefit of being a short distance(15 minutes) from a Powerball state while residing in a MegaMillions state. It is a group thing really, a bunch of us chip in. Since it doesn's happen very often, so maybe $10-15 dollars a year. Now, if you ask about how often I play poker that is a far different answer.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Well, need a little more data...but if maybe 5 minutes a year fantasizing is about how much time you spend then yes. I do the occasional lottery ticket particularly when the prizes get extremely high(annuity value of $200 million or more). I have the benefit of being a short distance(15 minutes) from a Powerball state while residing in a MegaMillions state. It is a group thing really, a bunch of us chip in. Since it doesn's happen very often, so maybe $10-15 dollars a year. Now, if you ask about how often I play poker that is a far different answer.
    No, I'd say my fantasizing amounts to an average of about 5-10 minutes a day. This is skewed data, however. Inordinate amounts on certain days are balanced by zero such daydreaming on other days.
    I play Mega Millions every 6 weeks or so, and I usually buy 2-3 tickets. $25 or so a year, I guess.

Call lottery Tickets a Voluntary Tax, okay?

No, I'd say my fantasizing amounts to an average of about 5-10 minutes a day. This is skewed data, however. Inordinate amounts on certain days are balanced by zero such daydreaming on other days.
    I play Mega Millions every 6 weeks or so, and I usually buy 2-3 tickets. $25 or so a year, I guess.
    And do you ever win anything?

Well, whatever one thinks about the time fantasizing, I would say you are getting pretty good entertainment value for you dollars. Rough calculation says you're spending about 55 cents an hour...

$25/((7.5 minutes * 365)/60) = 0.5479

And do you ever win anything?
    Ahhh, the fantasy is over with thinking like that!

Group hug!

Ahhh, the fantasy is over with thinking like that!
    Sorry 'bout that. I've been a little depressed lately. Sorry to share the feeling.

No problem...you are just a few posts away from being on an All-ACC team. Talk about exciting!

Talking Wow ... REALLY?

No problem...you are just a few posts away from being on an All-ACC team. Talk about exciting!
    Now THAT will knock me out of my depression! Thanks for making my day!!

LOADS of CHEERS,
    Lavabe

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    As I always say, your odds of winning the lottery are slightly better if you buy a ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    As I always say, your odds of winning the lottery are slightly better if you buy a ticket.
    Exactly. And anyway, I won $2 last Friday by pulling the Mega Ball correctly.

Talking Oooooooh!!!

Exactly. And anyway, I won $2 last Friday by pulling the Mega Ball correctly.
    If I were a rich man!

Imagine if the song was written "If I was a rich man!"

Cheers,
    Lavabe