Page 1341 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 3418411241129113311339134013411342134313511391144118412341 ... LastLast
Results 26,801 to 26,820 of 67650
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I want to start a podcast with a couple of friends. The plan is to talk about 1 romcom and 1 heist movie per podcast. Our first initials are J, K, and L. We haven't yet come up with a name that keeps the letters in order, so far we are the Klepto Love Jockeys. Limited appeal, to be sure, but we don't really care. The point won't be for other people to listen, unless they want to. We just want to get together and talk about our love for these 2 kinds of films.
    Just Keep Laughing?

But — who wouldn’t turn in to hear the Klepto Love Jockeys, really?

I want to start a podcast with a couple of friends. The plan is to talk about 1 romcom and 1 heist movie per podcast. Our first initials are J, K, and L. We haven't yet come up with a name that keeps the letters in order, so far we are the Klepto Love Jockeys. Limited appeal, to be sure, but we don't really care. The point won't be for other people to listen, unless they want to. We just want to get together and talk about our love for these 2 kinds of films.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Just Keep Laughing?

But — who wouldn’t turn in to hear the Klepto Love Jockeys, really?
    There has to be a pun in here somewhere. Not that it ever needs to be uttered...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Interesting, you have your own wood chipper...
    The Carole Baskin of DBR. Or maybe he lives in Fargo.
    There are now signs up all around my property that clearly read: "Property of Joe Exotic." Punishment for trespassing? The woodchipper.

Nah, wood-chipper belonged to a tree company that took down two Austrian Pines. They chipped it, I shoveled, wheelbarrow-ed and raked the result.

I wouldn't mind a wood-chipper but I've never been a guy to invest in that kind of stuff and lord knows when my neighbors say they're getting out their tools for spring cleaning, oiling, and sharpening, I usually think, "that sounds like a good idea", and go about my day.

You know that Matthew McConaughey has a clothing line called JKL, right? That seems almost too perfect given half of your subject matter...

...because you'll have to discuss Mr. McConaughey's inability to stand on his own.

I get Klepto. I get Love. But Jockey? Will you also be reviewing horse racing movies? So, like, just switching Sea Biscuit and Secretariat every other pod?

Covid-19 starting to hit close to home. An employee at the grocery store I go to tested positive and an employee I used to see at the local Costco passed away.

The Carole Baskin of DBR. Or maybe he lives in Fargo.
    Told my wife about this comment. Her stay-at-home paranoia meter is now at 11...

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Told my wife about this comment. Her stay-at-home paranoia meter is now at 11...
    It's hard not to be paranoid at this point. Beteeen people posting about not having left home in 21 days and getting Covid-19 to people going to a few grocery stores and being dead 26 days later it can get depressing.

But hey, you don't have regular access to the wood chipper, so there is that bit of safety.

It's hard not to be paranoid at this point. Beteeen people posting about not having left home in 21 days and getting Covid-19 to people going to a few grocery stores and being dead 26 days later it can get depressing.
    Oh yeah. I'm our designated errand runner and we've got a 3 month old in the house. I go through quite a decontamination process coming back from my once every 10-14 day trips to the grocery store. Plenty of healthy paranoia, just not of the wood-chipper variety...

...at least at our house. I have seen some marital homicide stories surface in which the husband blamed his wife's death on coronavirus. Lots of sad stories to go around right now but among them is the horrifying spike in domestic spouse and child abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I go through quite a decontamination process coming back from my once every 10-14 day trips to the grocery store.
    My paranoia ia based on not focusing enough on this.

I am a huge fan of Dan Carlin’s Hardcore Histories. Long, but phenomenal.
    Interesting, I'll have to check it out. You're right, some of the episodes are 3+ hours long. Which is an interesting approach, the reason I tend to listen to podcasts are due to their shorter formats(my preference is between 30 and 45 minutes.)

Anyone have some Pontiac parts they don't need? Mainly looking for engine stuff...

Mainly looking for engine stuff...
    Valley pan, water pump and timing cover parts, etc.

5 days between lawn mowings...

5 days between lawn mowings...
    And yes, I used SPF 30 this time.

And yes, I used SPF 30 this time.
    Always good to learn from past experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Tru dat!

Tonight’s theme?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Fair but there are a few mistakes I've learned are worth repeating! Most not though. Most...

Tonight’s theme?

Dagnabit, it won't play here.