Page 925 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 425825875915923924925926927935975102514251925 ... LastLast
Results 18,481 to 18,500 of 67415
    Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Cats are evil. (Ever notice how "evil" and "vile" are anagrams? Cats...)

Trade 'em in for a happy-go-lucky dog that likes to sleep in!

-jk

Well, who has the time?

I'll be taking care of a friend's dog this weekend. That will have to suffice.

Is this where we go for hugs? Asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Consider yourself hugged. Hug.gif

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Consider yourself hugged. Hug.gif
    And pass it along to your friend, too.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    And pass it along to your friend, too.
    One good outcome of this election: I now know about this thread.

One good outcome of this election: I now know about this thread.
    Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    ...I'll be taking care of a friend's dog this weekend. That will have to suffice.

Local DC news featured service dogs being taken up to Capitol Hill today to comfort despondent congressional staffers after the election.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

A new Escape Room just opened up down the road. Did one of these in Orlando about a year ago with WifePK and BoyPK and had a blast. Anyone here done these before?

Never heard of it. What is it?

Someone might want to consider throwing the flag at that other thread. Starting to get a little chippy.

Never heard of it. What is it?
    It is a lot of fun, worth googling to see if one is close. Basically, there are various scenarios. You get locked in a room with your group, and you have a set time for your group to figure out clues to open locks and puzzles to move through the scenario before the time runs out. It is usually groups of 8 or 10 or so, but they will combine you with another group if you have a smaller number.

We did one where we were in the White House, and terrorists had taken over. We had an hour to get through to a fourth room to disarm a nuclear bomb or something like that. Group problem solving. We physically started in a room that looked like a hall in a building; through various clues were able to open combonarion locks or find physical keys to get into a map room; then were able to do the same to get into a third room before running out of time.

Found this YouTube video of a NYC TV morning crew doing one, gives you a flavor:

https://youtu.be/qE3GHpz0494

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    We did one where we were in the White House, and terrorists had taken over.
    I think this should be in that other thread...

PS Sounds like fum!

I think this should be in that other thread...!
    "You must spread some Comments around before commenting on YmoBeThere again."

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Hugs available at any time. Day or night. I'm usually up late and Ymo gets up early.

A new Escape Room just opened up down the road. Did one of these in Orlando about a year ago with WifePK and BoyPK and had a blast. Anyone here done these before?
    Ooo, I want to try one with my boys. Did you have to book it ahead of time?

Some days earlier than others.

I think this should be in that other thread...

PS Sounds like fum!
    They do not need any help!!!

Also - sounds like fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Ooo, I want to try one with my boys. Did you have to book it ahead of time?
    Could not help to just call down there and see how booked they are. Only did it once and did it out of town so not an expert. The place I went had four different set-ups, so they started in 15 minute intervals. Note that they may also have various scenarios going -- some more scary than others (ours was not) -- so check their website. This is the place we went, to give you an idea: http://americasescapegame.com -- the escape from 1600 link shows the scenario we did.

Let me know if you do it, curious about your experience. It will be something different. We really had a fun time, went there with no real understanding or expectation (really just killing time). If we can all shake the autumn crud going around the family, we're there at the new local joint.

Could not help to just call down there and see how booked they are. Only did it once and did it out of town so not an expert. The place I went had four different set-ups, so they started in 15 minute intervals. Note that they may also have various scenarios going -- some more scary than others (ours was not) -- so check their website. This is the place we went, to give you an idea: http://americasescapegame.com -- the escape from 1600 link shows the scenario we did.

Let me know if you do it, curious about your experience. It will be something different. We really had a fun time, went there with no real understanding or expectation (really just killing time). If we can all shake the autumn crud going around the family, we're there at the new local joint.
    Thanks! Not going to one in Orlando, at least not anytime soon. There was something like it in Portland, Maine when we were up there this past summer but it didn't work out for us to go.

They really need to shut down that other thread. Election's over. Time to move on.