Page 1514 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 51410141414146415041512151315141515151615241564161420142514 ... LastLast
Results 30,261 to 30,280 of 67370
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Favorite quote from a local when I visited Edinburgh (as a chaperone with a bunch of middle schoolers), the adults gathered after curfew at the restaurant/bar next to our hotel. We were sampling whiskeys that night, including a bottle someone had purchased on a tour earlier in the day. We offered our waiter a taste (warning him that we may have made a mistake with our purchase) "Never say no to whiskey". But he agreed with us that it wasn't the best.

I will take the lazy way to the remote bar and will visit by boat.
    Duty free is not a bad way to go.

On my trip to Ireland, we landed and a cabbie was taking us to our hotel in Dublin. It was an incredible sunny, mid-70’s day which is rare. The cabbie said “Y’know, we aughta bottle sunny days like this and sell ‘em. Oh wait, I think we do.” That still cracks me up.

And not to merge tangents on threads, but Bruce was playing at Croke Park in Dublin the night we arrived. Was hoping to run into him or the band at Temple Bar or some such after the show but did not. I did search lots of bars just in case though . . . .

Y’know that feeling when you think “crap, I gotta go to bed,” and then remember that it’s Friday night and you don’t?

I’ve done that about three times since dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    So, I'm curious what is the perceived insult?

That even a slow connection(yes, there are 3g installs in habited but remote places) won't prevent posting of beer reviews?
    No, I just missed the connection. All good here.

I had a much longer reply that I deleted, but in a nutshell, the concern over post counts is distracting to a dozen people and I regret I may have contributed to that in the past.

Continuing the driving discussion from earlier, my recommendation: as I was taught in driver's ed, pass and pass decisvely in the normal course of your driving and don't look back. There won't be any bruised egos or if there are I would suggest that those egos might need to re-evaluate life. There isn't anyone on this board that's going to be chasing someone down like the big rig in Duel (yes, more driving refernces and the Dennis Weaver character is interesting in that film.). And then we can rename this thread(with help from the mods) as was suggested a couple dozen pages ago. It will all be fine!

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I had a much longer reply that I deleted, but in a nutshell, the concern over post counts is distracting to a dozen people and I regret I may have contributed to that in the past.

Continuing the driving discussion from earlier, my recommendation: as I was taught in driver's ed, pass and pass decisvely in the normal course of your driving and don't look back. There won't be any bruised egos or if there are I would suggest that those egos might need to re-evaluate life. There isn't anyone on this board that's going to be chasing someone down like the big rig in Duel (yes, more driving refernces and the Dennis Weaver character is interesting in that film.). And then we can rename this thread(with help from the mods) as was suggested a couple dozen pages ago. It will all be fine!
    Never saw Duel, but looking it up it has Dennis Weaver and is directed by Spielberg. Worth watching?

I need to figure out how to watch The Great British Baking Show when I don't have Netflix.

I don't care if 2019 was a down year for Miami, I like watching Duke football beat them.

[sigh} cat woke me up, having trouble falling back to sleep.

Long day tomorrow — er, later today.

{sigh}

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I don't care if 2019 was a down year for Miami, I like watching Duke football beat them.
    I just miss 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    I just miss 2019.
    2020 is a down year for the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    2020 is a down year for the universe
    “Zero stars — would not recommend.”

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    2020 should be turned into code for all the wankery things we can't say around here.

Man, I really 2020ed that!

What the 2020!?!

2020 should be turned into code for all the wankery things we can't say around here.

Man, I really 2020ed that!

What the 2020!?!
    I wholly endorse this idea.

If hindsight is 2020, it is pretty wankery.

Sometimes is not always

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Never saw Duel, but looking it up it has Dennis Weaver and is directed by Spielberg. Worth watching?
    Not the best ever but worth a watch! You start to see a few of the techniques that Spielberg used later on.

You folks are THIS CLOSE to having to change the thread title. You’d better get with it. I’m trying to help you. 😉

I've been watching Community on Netflix. So funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    You folks are THIS CLOSE to having to change the thread title. You’d better get with it. I’m trying to help you. 😉
    I think we've all figured out that we can't compete with beer, especially during a pandemic.

I've been watching Community on Netflix. So funny!
    Community was a quarantine rewatch for us. Very layered jokes. Great cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Community was a quarantine rewatch for us. Very layered jokes. Great cast.
    It's a quarantine new watch for me. Was this a network show? If so, I completely missed it.