Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Images of the Season to Come

When you close your eyes you can see it can't you? IT ALL STARTS MONDAY!! Feel free to add on...

1) Kyle Singler at the three point line with a big man on him, afraid of the impending drive. Jab step... back... jab step... back... elevates--Boootttoms!

2) Gerald Henderson jumps a passing lane at the top of the key on defense... deflection... and he is all alone... Monstrous throwdown as the crazies go wild.

3) Nolan pulls down the long rebound and starts the break... nobody picks him up as the D retreats... he switches directions... left... then right... then he bursts in to the lane and elevates to throw it down.

4) Time is winding down on the shot clock as the Devils hold on to their 1 point lead with just over a minute to go... Paulus gets the high screen from singler... his man goes under. Quick square of the feet... long three... BANG!

5) ...?

5) Nolan splits the double at the top of the key, takes two dribbles... looks left, throws right... Jonny three-ball catches in the bottom corner... 100 years pass... Jonny finally lofts the perfectly architected jumper into Cameron's sky... swish... I run throughout the house Reggie Miller style, arms raised into the air, signaling D-U-K-E

Thank you for pumping me up, BlueintheFace. I could not be more excited for Monday night. Yes! It is FINALLY here.

6. Czyz gets the ball in the post, spins off his defender, drop step and hammers on some defender coming in for the block for the and 1

7) Henderson blocks an opposing center's layup, Nolan picks it up and dribbles downcourt, passes to Paulus at the top of the key for a three...immediate turnover by the opponent, picked up by Nolan again, who sees Paulus in the corner this time, who then nails another three, therefore forcing the opposing team to call a timeout right away, while Dick Vitale states how the Crazies are ''rockin and rollin in Cameron baby!'' and how "basketball season has officialy started!"

(Ahem, Wisconsin game last year)

8) Tyler Hansbrough gets the ball on the left block against Plumlee... one dribble... two dribble... spin move to the right (as always) ... and up... plumlee blocks the ball straight down ... collects it... and hits G on the outlet pass for the breakaway Tomahawk dunk.

9) a) Miles Plumlee throws down a montrous jam over Greg Monroe.
    b) Monroe tries to get revenge on the other end on the ensuing G-Town possession, only to be rejected by Plumlee.
    c) Repeat steps a and b continously, alternating Zoubek and Plumlee, until JTIII benches Monroe.
    d) Repeat steps a-c, replacing Monroe with Hansbrough.
    Revenge is sweet...

And...

Here's what you won't see: Hansbrough gets a whopping .3 blocks per game, but I guarantee he won't get any against Duke, no matter how many times the two teams play.

One Problem...

Quote Originally Posted by taiw93 View Post
    9) a) Miles Plumlee throws down a montrous jam over Greg Monroe.
    b) Monroe tries to get revenge on the other end on the ensuing G-Town possession, only to be rejected by Plumlee.
    c) Repeat steps a and b continously, alternating Zoubek and Plumlee, until JTIII benches Monroe.
    d) Repeat steps a-c, replacing Monroe with Hansbrough.
    Revenge is sweet...
    Not sure you can substitute Zoubek in 9a

Quote Originally Posted by BlueintheFace View Post
    8) Tyler Hansbrough gets the ball on the left block against Plumlee... one dribble... two dribble... spin move to the right (as always) ... picks up dribble, spin move to the left, dragging pivot foot ... and pump fake ... and two steps towards the basket ... switches pivot foot one more time ... and up... plumlee blocks the ball straight down ... collects it... and hits G on the outlet pass for the breakaway Tomahawk dunk.
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by phaedrus View Post
    Fixed.
    well, with his back to the basket on the left block he always spins in to the lane (his right) but I like your version as well.

I don't know if it counts as an "image," but I'm looking forward to the first late game where I drive home, climb into bed - exhausted - at about 3:30, and realize my ears are still ringing.

-jk

However...

Quote Originally Posted by slower View Post
    Not sure you can substitute Zoubek in 9a
    If/when we DO reach the point where Zoubek is throwing down monster jams on Monroe and/or Hans, then life will be very, VERY good!

Somebody from some opposing team will attempt to perform the annual “leap over Paulus,” but senior Paulus, wise to this annual tradition, makes a fist and launches it straight up at the pivotal moment. Opponent falls to floor, curls up in fetus position, as Paulus stands over him screaming, “Not this time bucko!”

-EJ

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    Somebody from some opposing team will attempt to perform the annual “leap over Paulus,” but senior Paulus, wise to this annual tradition, makes a fist and launches it straight up at the pivotal moment. Opponent falls to floor, curls up in fetus position, as Paulus stands over him screaming, “Not this time bucko!”

-EJ
    Thanks EJ, now my coworkers are looking over trying to figure out why I'm laughing. Classic.

Hey, why didn't anyone write about a vision where Marty gets the ball in the corner, pump fakes, drives around his man and throw it down on Hansputz just as Hanstravel crumbles to the floor without ever being touched in a feeble attempt to draw another charge! To cover up his defensive ineptitude, Hansgoogleeye will get extra rest and time to compose himself by stopping the game to look for his contact lens. And right after that, Marty gets benched

Danny Green starts dancing, slips and sprains his ankle and is out for half the season.

16. The restless ghosts of J.J., Shel, Dock, and Melch demand revenge on Hansbrough's senior night:

I want a smug, entitled powder-blue crowd expecting Tar Heel glory on March 8th.

I want Greg to go off for about 6 threes in Dancin' Danny's face while Nolan and Email lock down the backcourt to the point that UNC players are openly yelling and cursing at each other after yet another turnover.

I want Kyle to abuse their frontcourt all night with a dazzling mix of post moves, midrange shots, and long bombs.

I want G to blossom into a player that no one in Chapel Hill, or the nation, has an answer for.

I want Z to stuff Hansbrough's ugly, feet-shuffling flip shot back in his face. Hard.

And I want a margin of victory such that Czyz has a chance to cap off the night with a brutal, tomahawk jam directly in Tyler's grill. The sort of dunk that leads Sportscenter, turns up all over youtube the next day, and unequivocally announces that Duke is back at the top of the ACC and will be a force in the NCAAs for the foreseeable future.

I don't ask for much . . .

Quote Originally Posted by slower View Post
    If/when we DO reach the point where Zoubek is throwing down monster jams on Monroe and/or Hans, then life will be very, VERY good!
    ^ lol slower that's exactly what I had in mind...and now that Z no longer has those inserts in his shoes, anything is possible!

UNC is fighting for its life in a 1 seed vs 16 seed game in the first round of the NCAA tournament. The 16 seed has the ball with a few seconds left, and a 1 point lead. Tyler Hansbrough is 1 point behind JJ's ACC record scoring. The 16 seed screws up the inbounds pass and Hansbrough steals it. At the buzzer he goes up for a dunk... and airballs it.

The 16 seed has to play the winner of the 8 vs 9 game, as usual. In this case, it is Maryland vs. UConn. At one point, Calhoun curses out General Grievous for a dirty play. Vasquez goes and punches Calhoun in the face. A huge brawl erupts, both teams are forced to forfeit, and Maryland and UConn are banned from the NCAA tournament for three years.

The 16 seed advances to the Sweet 16 by default.

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    UNC is fighting for its life in a 1 seed vs 16 seed game in the first round of the NCAA tournament. The 16 seed has the ball with a few seconds left, and a 1 point lead. Tyler Hansbrough is 1 point behind JJ's ACC record scoring. The 16 seed screws up the inbounds pass and Hansbrough steals it. At the buzzer he goes up for a dunk... and airballs it.

The 16 seed has to play the winner of the 8 vs 9 game, as usual. In this case, it is Maryland vs. UConn. At one point, Calhoun curses out General Grievous for a dirty play. Vasquez goes and punches Calhoun in the face. A huge brawl erupts, both teams are forced to forfeit, and Maryland and UConn are banned from the NCAA tournament for three years.

The 16 seed advances to the Sweet 16 by default.
    I like it except... Maryland as an 8 or 9 seed? Unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueintheFace View Post
    I like it except... Maryland as an 8 or 9 seed? Unlikely.
    I know I know, but I had to work Vasquez going berserk in there somehow.