Page 203 of 204 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204 LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,060 of 4071
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Sounds like a Hallmark card.
    Or a new age bumper sticker. 😀

One of Duke's available scholarships went to Mike Buckmire

Quote Originally Posted by 907bluedevils View Post
    One of Duke's available scholarships went to Mike Buckmire
    Which means they're probably not planning on adding anybody else this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Which means they're probably not planning on adding anybody else this season.
    To do what, siit on the bench?
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    To do what, siit on the bench?
    If I wanted to stir something up, I'd say that ship sailed about 3 player ago....but I don't want to, so I won't...

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    I think what most people are concerned about is the fact that we will not have any post players returning next year. I think that is a reasonable concern, but I wouldn't worry too much about that yet...
    Well, that's certainly also true, but the last two dozen posts or so have been discussing whether we have enough frontcourt depth THIS SEASON. You're probably better served just skipping that entire exchange, though, since it seems a dead subject with the Buck scholly and the extremely unlikely possibility that the coaching staff is considering bringing in another big at this point.
    Last edited by English; 06-04-2019 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Clarity.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Ah...

If I Were A Rich Man...
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

We already have the Jones ;)

How does Carey compare to Jah? I noticed in that photo someone posted he was quite large. Hopefully he is a massive force to be reckoned with for the other teams -- would like to predict a come out year for Joey Baker. Would like to see him emulate Andre Dawkins in that he could come off the bench and drop a few threes to set the tone.

Quote Originally Posted by 22JumpShots View Post
    How does Carey compare to Jah? I noticed in that photo someone posted he was quite large. Hopefully he is a massive force to be reckoned with for the other teams -- would like to predict a come out year for Joey Baker. Would like to see him emulate Andre Dawkins in that he could come off the bench and drop a few threes to set the tone.
    Carey is a bit more mobile and has much more shooting range than Okafor, but isn’t as polished in the paint. He is probably closer in style to a short-armed Wendell Carter than Okafor, although Carter isn’t a perfect comp either.

Others have mentioned, but dang, Jah looks skinny. Makes me think that when we see Zion 1-2 years into the NBA, he'll also be carrying less weight. Can't imagine he'd lose too much power if he got lean (i don't know, like 250...) Imagine the explosiveness. Dang.

One more 2019 recruit!!

It appears Duke is adding one more player to the roster. A walk-on who went to nearby Durham Academy. Here are his high school stats.

I wonder how Coach K knows this kid well enough to offer him a spot on the team?

https://www.wralsportsfan.com/krzyze...ason/18434268/

One thing has to change. Michael can't continue to call his grandfather, Poppy.

"It's definitely not Poppy anymore when I get here," Savarino said with a laugh. A smiling Krzyzewski shared the same sentiment. "Yeah, if he uses Poppy he's going to be running stadium steps and I'll kick him out of practice. He'd better say coach."
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

That would be good--but hopefully with out the personal struggles Dawkins had to go through.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    It appears Duke is adding one more player to the roster. A walk-on who went to nearby Durham Academy. Here are his high school stats.

I wonder how Coach K knows this kid well enough to offer him a spot on the team?

https://www.wralsportsfan.com/krzyze...ason/18434268/
    I'm trying to figure out why this is making news now when it was announced way back in February?
    https://dukereport.com/duke-basketba...n-dukeofhoops/
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I'm trying to figure out why this is making news now when it was announced way back in February?
    https://dukereport.com/duke-basketba...n-dukeofhoops/
    Yeah, "is adding" is a bit of a misnomer..."added" seems more appropriate. Also, is he a recruit?

Anyway, hopefully he never transfers...cough*Brad Calipari*cough.

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    Yeah, "is adding" is a bit of a misnomer..."added" seems more appropriate. Also, is he a recruit?

Anyway, hopefully he never transfers...cough*Brad Calipari*cough.
    Wait'll his parents/handlers start complaining about roles/playing time...

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Wait'll his parents/handlers start complaining about roles/playing time...

That could make for an uncomfortable Thanksgiving dinner.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    ..., is he a recruit?

I hear the Duke Coach, all of his family, and even the assistant coaches and some ex players have been giving this kid presents for YEARS. More than a few times, they have straight up given the kid cash! Holy David Thompson, they bought a blazer and tie, as well as full wardrobes of clothes for 18 years! He has been included on trips for away games, tournament games, overseas exhibition games and even Team USA Olympic competitions. I can't imagine the total value of what was spent to "induce this recruit" to choose Duke!

Almost as much as Arizona spent to get Deandre Ayton.

Does this qualify as an illegal try-out?

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?