Page 714 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 21461466470471271371471571672476481412141714 ... LastLast
Results 14,261 to 14,280 of 67370
    Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    I'm bringing me to the Alabama brunchgate. Maybe I'll pick up some donuts or something. Or perhaps the fixins for my pineapple martinis.
    Sounds good to me!

I just need to figure out how to transport the cookies.

My new Duke flag arrived. The old frayed one has come down and the new one is proudly flying. My KU next door neighbor admitted that he would fly a KU flag all year if KU had won.

How long shall I fly it for 2 national championships?

I'm bringing me to the Alabama brunchgate. Maybe I'll pick up some donuts or something. Or perhaps the fixins for my pineapple martinis.
    Oh man, that's a big weekend! If I didn't have two other events stack-ranked ahead (1- friends' wedding in New Orleans; 2- UW hosting Nebraska in football,) would love to come back for this brunchgate!

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Oh man, that's a big weekend! If I didn't have two other events stack-ranked ahead (1- friends' wedding in New Orleans; 2- UW hosting Nebraska in football,) would love to come back for this brunchgate!
    I'm sure your friend and UW/Nebraska would be willing to reschedule so you could come.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I think Bones is in charge of pastrami. I'm bringing Chocolate Bittersweets (cookies) for the Alabama Brunchgate.
    A side of grain-fed midwestern steer would be tasty, too.

My new Duke flag arrived. The old frayed one has come down and the new one is proudly flying. My KU next door neighbor admitted that he would fly a KU flag all year if KU had won.

How long shall I fly it for 2 national championships?
    Two years, of course.

Sounds good to me!

I just need to figure out how to transport the cookies.
    Inside bubble wrap in your suitcase or carry on bag.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    A side of grain-fed midwestern steer would be tasty, too.
    Maybe I can ship a box ahead of time.

Two years, of course.
    Can I take it down to fly the US flag on the appropriate national holidays? Plus, I need to fly my Peanuts holiday flags. I did purchase a smaller flag that can fly longer - so it will go up when the large flag is replaced for other occasions.

Inside bubble wrap in your suitcase or carry on bag.
    Good idea - I may need a bigger suitcase to hold the batch of cookies, though.

My Post #3000, LTE Page #700

Place me like a seal over your heart,
    like a seal on your arm;
    for love is as strong as death,
    its jealousy unyielding as the grave.
    It burns like blazing fire,
    like a mighty flame.

Many waters cannot quench love;
    rivers cannot wash it away.
    If one were to give
    all the wealth of his house for love,
    it would be utterly scorned.

Maybe I can ship a box ahead of time.

Can I take it down to fly the US flag on the appropriate national holidays? Plus, I need to fly my Peanuts holiday flags. I did purchase a smaller flag that can fly longer - so it will go up when the large flag is replaced for other occasions.

Good idea - I may need a bigger suitcase to hold the batch of cookies, though.
    That's gonna be a lotta cookies. Bring it.

My random thoughts for today:

Was in Durham today doing some shopping...somehow I ended up on Duke's East campus

Another no-hitter? Seriously? The ball is juiced. lol

I currently have a slight addiction to the subs from Domino's.

I might watch Deliverance tonight...I've never seen it so I'm curious to what the 'hearing banjos in the woods' is all about.

Oh, yeah, yeah. Brunchgate is coming around again, soon. What's happening now? I've lost my parking pass rights, so can we do it in the Gardens? I've been out of town, and I may have missed something. I didn't take my new laptop with me to our family reunion out at Rodanthe. According to my wife it would have been rude of me to be spending time on my computer. I think we were the only ones without a computer. I spent all of my time trying to bring down the wifi from the campground next door. Wow, seven nights in one house with 29 relatives living in it. We're going to Lake Tahoe the next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
    Oh, yeah, yeah. Brunchgate is coming around again, soon. What's happening now? I've lost my parking pass rights, so can we do it in the Gardens? I've been out of town, and I may have missed something. I didn't take my new laptop with me to our family reunion out at Rodanthe. According to my wife it would have been rude of me to be spending time on my computer. I think we were the only ones without a computer. I spent all of my time trying to bring down the wifi from the campground next door. Wow, seven nights in one house with 29 relatives living in it. We're going to Lake Tahoe the next time.
    I'll send you a PM or email about it. It's in the same location as last year - Card Gym Lot.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Apparently there a many engineering alumni here, and someone didn't like us talking about it... Strange thread closure, for sure. Just sayin'...

9F 9F 9F

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Apparently there a many engineering alumni here, and someone didn't like us talking about it... Strange thread closure, for sure. Just sayin'...
    Weezie made them jealous with the pony and cake!

Note: I am not questioning the thread closure - just chuckling at Weezie's response.

Where's the Tour de France thread this year?

(and no posts in 4 days? yoinks! )

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post

(and no posts in 4 days? yoinks! )
    That's just crazietalk!

9F 9F 9F

I have an 11:30am ESPN special scheduled for Friday to announce what I'll be having for lunch. Stay tuned.

I have an 11:30am ESPN special scheduled for Friday to announce what I'll be having for lunch. Stay tuned.
    I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep while I wait for this news. I think it will be pastrami.

I think Ozzie or DD will respond to the above mention of pastrami within 12 hours.