Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Both players doing well. I think the leaders are at 3 under. Not an easy course at all and when the wind blows it gets even harder.
    Kevin finishes today at -2. Tied for 8th.

A couple of Duke guys, Matt Oshrine ('17) and Chandler Eaton ('20) are in the Kansas City Korn Ferry tourney this week. Weather has halted the opening round action.
    Eaton was a Monday qualifier with a 67.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Kevin finishes today at -2. Tied for 8th.
    Maybe this will be the week for Kevin to break through and win his first major. For some reason, the PGA seems to have had a larger number of first (and only) major winners of any of the four majors.

Today’s tee times:

Kevin Streelman, 08:17 #1
    Adam Long, 12:25 #10
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    Maybe this will be the week for Kevin to break through and win his first major. For some reason, the PGA seems to have had a larger number of first (and only) major winners of any of the four majors.
    Would love to see him in contention on Sunday. Don’t believe he’s had top 5 in a major before.

Streelman finishes at 2 under, even for the day, three off the current lead in the clubhouse. He's probably kicking himself for his finish, bogeying the last hole with two chips (something I can certainly relate to). Afternoon players are expected to compete with higher winds than the morning, so he's probably still sitting pretty good halfway through.

Streelman made four birdies and four bogeys today. Sounds like the wind is picking up so I am glad he is in the clubhouse in strong shape for the weekend.
    Bob Green

Bogey, double bogey, bogey, double bogey... Now in trouble on 18, where bogey is a good score. Adam isn't Long for this tournament.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    Streelman finishes at 2 under, even for the day, three off the current lead in the clubhouse. He's probably kicking himself for his finish, bogeying the last hole with two chips (something I can certainly relate to). Afternoon players are expected to compete with higher winds than the morning, so he's probably still sitting pretty good halfway through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Streelman made four birdies and four bogeys today. Sounds like the wind is picking up so I am glad he is in the clubhouse in strong shape for the weekend.
    Kevin is in a very good position, going into the weekend. Tied for third place right now, 3 off the current lead. But a very windy and fast course for the afternoon and I'd be surprised in anyone is more than 1 or 2 under par on their round for the rest of the day.

Well, Louie didn't hear the predictions for the afternoon ... 5 under for the day through 12. But the last 5 holes are into the wind, so we'll see how he finishes.

Streelman tees off at 14:00 today playing alongside Sungjae Im. He is T7 three shots behind the leaders.
    Bob Green

Perhaps under the radar is Duke's best placed chance (as of Friday) for top laurel's on a top tour golf event. That is Ana Belac who is at (-5 Tied for 2nd) at the LPGA event this week (the Pure Silk Championship). She will be in the last group of 3 starting at 12:55 with Sarah Kemp and Jessica Korda. No doubt she will be getting some 'burn' on the TV coverage. Today is no doubt a packed Duke sports day, so catch what you can on the brief 3 hours of Golf Channel coverage from 3-6 Eastern. Also making the cut is Brittany Lang (E and tied for 40) and Lindy Duncan (-1 Tied for 27).

Leona McGuire, Yu Liu, and Laetitia Beck all missed the cut.

Larry
    DevilHorse

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorse View Post
    Perhaps under the radar is Duke's best placed chance (as of Friday) for top laurel's on a top tour golf event. That is Ana Belac who is at (-5 Tied for 2nd) at the LPGA event this week (the Pure Silk Championship). She will be in the last group of 3 starting at 12:55 with Sarah Kemp and Jessica Korda. No doubt she will be getting some 'burn' on the TV coverage. Today is no doubt a packed Duke sports day, so catch what you can on the brief 3 hours of Golf Channel coverage from 3-6 Eastern. Also making the cut is Brittany Lang (E and tied for 40) and Lindy Duncan (-1 Tied for 27).

Larry
    DevilHorse
    Wow, thanks for posting as I completely missed Belac as she didn’t have a CME ranking going into this tourney. I also include Mina Harigae at even par as a Dukie. Some don’t.

That is a pity. Leona is second in the Louse Suggs Rookie of the Year points standings, but is far behind the leader (Patty Tavatanakit). A good showing this week would have helped her a lot in that race.

Wow, thanks for posting as I completely missed Belac as she didn’t have a CME ranking going into this tourney. I also include Mina Harigae at even par as a Dukie. Some don’t.
    Mina Harigae enrolled and played some fall matches, before withdrawing mid-year to turn pro. She counts as a Dukie.

Per Wiki:
    Childhood and family life

Born to Japanese parents, Harigae attended the Stevenson School. Her parents run a sushi restaurant in Monterey, California called Takara Sushi. She attended Duke University, leaving after a year [actually, one semester] to pursue a professional golf career.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Yes, I missed Mina Harigae. I have no recollection of her participation since it was so brief. She "dipped her toe in the water" so to speak, instead of taking the full Duke plunge.

Of course there are other quasi-Dukies [the Duke grey scale, or are they light-Blues?] out there that have recognition, 'showed up at the pool in a bathing suit' but didn't go in' sort of.
    Morgan Pressel, who was on the telecast as a commentator btw, comes to mind.
    In other sports, Kris Humphries and Chazz Surratt, both of whom played in the NCAA.
    Shaun Livingston who went straight to the league; but apparently that makes him more of one of our own. Not unlike Pressel.

Larry
    DevilHorse

Seems like they are strenuously avoiding showing Streelman. If he wants any air time he is going to have to either get with n a shot of the lead or hit a spectacular shot.

As soon as I posted that they showed him making a birdie putt on 2. About time.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    As soon as I posted that they showed him making a birdie putt on 2. About time.
    He’s no Charley Hoffman apparently. Streelman has made one cameo appearance, Hoffman at even par is the star attraction.

Larry
    DevilHorse
    Nice introduction on the show for Ana. 3rd LPGA tournament she's played in. She won the first tournament ever for someone from Slovenia on the Symetra tour last year; she was the leading money winner on the shortened (COVID19) season. Playing this weekend on a Sponsor invitation. Making a great impression. Mentioned Duke putting alot of great golfers on the tour. Ana sporting blue and white today.

Some trouble with her driver on the first few holes. Even for the moment, but other golfers passing her including Lindy Duncan who's having a strong day (-5 thourgh 13 holes).

Larry
    DevilHorse